1.    #1  
    Has anyone noticed that Google maps loads really fast now? I normally use BFG maps or Sprint Nav but decided to fire up Google maps and it loaded faster the both BFG and Sprint with proper GPS location. I even turned off WiFi and ran the apps again and Google maps loaded much faster than usual. It came in last of the three over 3g but not by much (just a tad slow on GPS location).

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    Sprint Pre retired....Motorola Photon (for now)
    Not my case, I feel it as slow as always.
    Google Maps on Pre 2 with webOS 2.0.1 loads up faster than Verizon Pre+ with webOS 1.4.5...
    Even if I overclock Pre+ to 1GHz...something about Pre 2 & webOS 2.x makes Google Maps launch faster. I suspect that Pre 2's GPS is not as crippled as Verizon's & webOS 2.x does help with quicker launches. Pre 2's quicker memory also helps. Yes, Google Maps on Pre 2/webOS 2.x is the same version as Pre+.
    My Google Maps still loads a little slower than BFG Maps but seem to find my location faster. I am on Verizon and have always had problems with GPS. I have the following patches loaded to try to get around the Verizon GPS issues: “Verizon aGPS Blocker”, “GPS Fix for VZ Navigator” and “Enable Verizon aGPS Server for improved GPS”. I also load the “GPS Fix” application. I can’t tell if any of these are of help but we do what we must when dealing with Verizon.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    My Google Maps loads in 7 seconds. Im on Verizon and overclocked to 1 GHz. It hasnt always been that fast though. But I dont know why it would be faster since there was no update.
  6.    #6  
    I just asked some of my friends who have Pre's to try Google maps (all on Sprint- 5 phones) and they said it was a little faster. Better @ GPS location than Sprint Nav and BFG, faster than usual. One friend runs a stock Pre and said it was faster.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    Sprint Pre retired....Motorola Photon (for now)
    Quote Originally Posted by not-yet-pre View Post
    My Google Maps still loads a little slower than BFG Maps but seem to find my location faster. I am on Verizon and have always had problems with GPS. I have the following patches loaded to try to get around the Verizon GPS issues: “Verizon aGPS Blocker”, “GPS Fix for VZ Navigator” and “Enable Verizon aGPS Server for improved GPS”. I also load the “GPS Fix” application. I can’t tell if any of these are of help but we do what we must when dealing with Verizon.
    I recently installed the aGPS blocker too. But I forgot I had the “Enable Verizon aGPS Server for improved GPS”. I deleted that one and it works better. Don't those kinda contradict each other?
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    I recently installed the aGPS blocker too. But I forgot I had the “Enable Verizon aGPS Server for improved GPS”. I deleted that one and it works better. Don't those kinda contradict each other?
    Thanks! - I will give it a try.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    I have noticed it's definitely faster on my pre now. I actually use it now because of it. It still completely sucks compared to anyother gmaps on other os's but oh well.