1.    #1  
    Check this out:

http://www.precentral.net/app-galler...-need-a-dollar

I guess it's better than sitting on a street corner with a tin cup.... more reasonably priced than "This App Does Nothing" besides.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    its truth they should stop creating these kind of apps and create some useful app!
    At least the app gives you a ch-ching sound and dollar trivia. lol
    why does Palm allow these? The rules are clear that the app has to actually do something.

I sure hope no one downloads this rip off.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    why does Palm allow these? The rules are clear that the app has to actually do something.

Is "This App Does Nothing" still in the catalog? Why have they allowed that?

(And some people actually downloaded it!! Bet they were plenty ticked...)

At least this app is pretty up front about him just trying to bum a dollar off you...
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)

It make a cha-ching sound and has some trivia about the dollar. It does something. That something is probably not worth a buck, but it's an app.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    that definition of "something" is like Clinton's debate on what the meaning of "is" is... :O
    that definition of "something" is like Clinton's debate on what the meaning of "is" is... :O
    As I like to say: It is what it is. And that depends on what your definition of "is" is. =)
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    As long as it clearly SAYS it does nothing, then caveat emptor. BUT the developer is lazy for doing it, in my opinion. I mean if he had spent just a LITTLE bit of time to think of something of some value he could put in there, then people might complain that it sucks, but they wouldn't say it should be removed from the catalog.

The act of making the app he DID make implies that he knows enough to make an app. That means he just wasn't willing to put in the little bit of effort to make a useful or interesting app. I'm guessing he thought it would be funny? I just scratch my head that he would go to the trouble to register as a developer, download and install the tools and learn enough to make a simple app, then not bother to make an app that actually does something.

I'm not offended by his app, just curious at the thought process that went into it.
    Original science fiction, fantasy and comics for WebOS - Galactic Beacon: Volume 1
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    OK, follow-up on my last post.

The developer is a photographer. A talented one too. The galleries on his website have some really great photos.

You'd think he would make a simple app that works as a viewer for some of his photos at least. I think a wallpaper collection app would better than the one he did make.

I don't know this person, but I have to think he did it for ironic effect? Trying to give him benefit of the doubt here... I just hate to see someone make an app that makes people angry when the same effort could make something SOME of them might like...
    Original science fiction, fantasy and comics for WebOS - Galactic Beacon: Volume 1