Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    OK, I do not know if this will be useful to anyone on this thread, or not, but here is what happened to me:

Today, I was trying to update my Pixi with some new music I received for Christmas. When I connected my Pixi, the usual three options came up; I pressed Media Sync, as always, but it would go for about 5 seconds, then the screen turned black, the glowing "PALM" showed up for a few seconds, then it went back to my desktop level of the phone. iTunes never saw it. After about a half-hour of frustration, I searched this forum and found this thread. When I tried the reset sync history option that someone had mentioned, it tried to do it but then, reported that it couldn't reset some settings because I didn't have enough admin permissions! Huh? I AM the admin of my own machine. (Running Windows XP, btw, not Win7) I then went into task manager to see if I could detect what was going on. Here's where it gets strange. My son is home for Christmas, was logged on, but had no apps running. However, the iTunes helper process was running under his name! As soon as I logged him off, the MediaSync went through, as it always did.

Hope this helps someone!

Either way, Merry Christmas, everyone!
    tim
    sorry to bring back an old thread, but how do you turn on media sync.
    when I connect phone the only thing that shows is charge or USB drive.

I used to have media sinc but no more.
    Just spent an hour on the phone with tech support from sprint because I was unable to get in teh internet. there was a problem with the wi-fi so has had to reset the phone. Good thing I set up the passwork for my profile so I was able to get all of my contacts and email address

but there's not media sync when I connect the phone to my laptop with itunes open
    Quote Originally Posted by blacknight07607 View Post
    sorry to bring back an old thread, but how do you turn on media sync.
    when I connect phone the only thing that shows is charge or USB drive.

I used to have media sinc but no more.
    Just spent an hour on the phone with tech support from sprint because I was unable to get in teh internet. there was a problem with the wi-fi so has had to reset the phone. Good thing I set up the passwork for my profile so I was able to get all of my contacts and email address

but there's not media sync when I connect the phone to my laptop with itunes open
    You may not have been on the current os build before. In 1.4.5 When you had to reset your profile you probably got the newest update. Regardless, just go to "device info" application and in the top left menu there is an option to turn on media sync. 1.4.5 has this option off by default

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    awesome...THANKS
    Quote Originally Posted by a12rodgers View Post
    (Cross posting because I don't know whether this is more of an app or sync question.)

I just swapped to a new Verizon Palm Pre Plus. No trouble with the switch. Got it back up and running, Palm profile loaded, Preware reinstalled, etc. I'm running webOS 1.4.5.

Prior to this, my Palm Pre Plus had been doing the Media Sync perfectly. (iTunes 9.0.1.8)

After this switch, though, I can't get the Palm to show up in iTunes. I hook it up via USB, choose Media Sync, it is recognized properly by my desktop (Windows 7). In the Win7 device panel, it even shows up as an iPod. But no device ever shows up in iTunes.

Thoughts? I've tried this with Dev mode switched on and off. I've rebooted to make sure the vestiges of WebOSQuickInstall aren't running. But nothing!

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
    I was having the same problem and here's what worked for me (for now..). Connect your pre (while NOT in DEV mode) and select media sync as usual.

Then, from your computer's start menu, go to control panel and then 'devices and printers'. If your pre is connected, you will see an option for 'iPod' under 'devices'. Right click on iPod and select 'properties' (or just double-click on ipod).

Select the 'Hardware' tab, and if you should see three options. 1) Apple iPod USB Device 2) PALM PRE 3) USB Mass Storage Device

If you see a 4th option as I did (USB Mass Composite Device), you need to uninstall this function by double clicking it, select 'Change settings', select 'Drivers' tab, and then the 'Uninstall' tab.

Once I did this, I disconnected my pre, and when I connected it again and selected media sync, it worked! Hope this helps anybody who has been having this problem as I know it can be frustrating.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    In case this helps someone, this is what I had to do, to get iTunes v9.0.0.70 to recognize my Pre. I had to go Edit-Preferences->Devices tab->click the "Reset Sync History" button. Then my pre was seen in iTunes. I then had to click the erase history button, as I had synced it with a different pc in the past.
  7.    #27  
    Thanks, tyoung20! This worked! Fantastic -- such a frustrating problem.

Most appreciated.
    I had to upgrade my iTunes for my iPad and lost my Pre sync ability. Switched to Winamp, it syncs with the Pre nicely, album art and everything.
    The Saint
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12