1.    #1  
    So I'm using MPD as my primary music player on my computer, the great thing about it is the multitude of clients that can control it, from cli to java.

As usual we lack a native webos app for mpd
    I'm Hoping that some kind soul will eventually come up with a port of the many mostly opensource clients for android or iOS(even good ol' palmOS has got a native client!) for now I got a workaround by setting up a lightweight web server with ipodmp on it. It looks quite elegant on the pre's screen in the web browser. I just type http://ip.of.my.laptop/ipodmp in the web browser and voila.
    My pre is now a great remote for the best music daemon around
    see screenshots below
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Franklin eBookMan >> Palm Zire71 >> Lifedrive with flash mod >> Palm Pre Plus
    cool, would love real clients, that can control UPNP servers to send UPNP commands
    A huge list of MPD clients, even for palmos and in java but none for webos ?
    MPD and TouchPad are so great...
    Hi.

Is there someone could help me getting this to work.
    I only have limited knowlegde about Linux.

I would like to know how to install the above mentioned client on my Veer/Touchpad or where do I have to copy these files.

Regards
    NoFaker
    Quote Originally Posted by NoFaker1976 View Post
    I would like to know how to install the above mentioned client on my Veer/Touchpad or where do I have to copy these files.
    NoFaker
    You do'nt have to install anything on your Veer/Touchpad
    It assumes you have to copy this on the web server's root of the device where MPD is installed. Then adress this with your browser on your Veer/Touchpad.
    Ubuntu (PC) / Debian (NsLu2 thx rwhitby) / HP TouchPad
    Hi.

Sorry for asking silly questions.

But where do I have to copy?

I do have a Dreambox DM800 runnning the MPD server. And I am now trying to control the Dreambox via my Veer/Touchpad.
    If I understand you right, I have to copy the files of iopdmp on my Dreambox (where?). I copied them into the root directory but when I am typing http ://ip.of.my.DM800/iPodMp I am getting the message No Such Resource File not found.
    What I am doing wrong?

Thanks for your support
    NoFaker
  7.    #7  
    google for installing a webserver on your box, though i think it's already there since enigma can be controlled via web interface. depending on your server copy the ipodmp folder to /var/www. you should start here
    Franklin eBookMan >> Palm Zire71 >> Lifedrive with flash mod >> Palm Pre Plus
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Btw, are there are any WebOS client for MPD now? Do not want to use "browser way" to control my MPD radio.