Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Has HP ever released any of the app's that they had developed internally via their contest? I don't recall any app's released being acknowledged as part of the contest.
    my guess is they developed for 2.0 and can't release until it hits the carriers.
    I think HP lost the contest!
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    That contest was a while ago. Do you honestly think they had access to 2.0 back then?
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
    They have ~700 apps that will be released. I think this was announced during the ny dev day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rkguy View Post
    That contest was a while ago. Do you honestly think they had access to 2.0 back then?
    no, but they knew about changes from java to javascript, changes to the framework, and the underlying database. They would also have eventually had the 2.0 sdk.

when I've worked for software companies we had that stuff way back in alpha versions, long before beta testing.
    At NY Dev Day, Phil from HP said they had to assign one worker full time just to manage the submissions from their employees. I can't remember if he said they'd all come out in 2.0, or before.
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    Phil of HP Said they would staet coming out soon. Some could not be released because they used technology not yet released - so I take it that they had access to 2.0 and more.