1.    #1  
    Skyscape's FAQ pages now note that Classic is no longer being sold. So I left the following e-mail on their "Feedback & Comments" page - I will update any response I might happen to receive:

--------------------------------------------------------
    With regard to running this app on the Palm Pre or Pixi, currently Classic from MotionApps is required. As noted in your knowledgebase and FAQs, Classic is no longer being sold.

What is NOT noted in your knowledge base is the fact that when webOS upgrades to version 2.0, Classic will cease to function altogether. It will then be impossible to run Skyscape products on the Pre or Pixi entirely.

What is really needed is for a native webOS version of Archimedes (and other Skyscape apps) to be developed. I had written some months back and was told that this was being planned. Could I possibly get an updated timeline on when your products might be available for Palm/HP webOS?

Thank you very much,

Jim Jeffcoat
    Oklahoma City
    --------------------------------------------------------
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    will be waiting anxiously for their response
    tx for sending them an email. will be checking in periodically for update
  4.    #4  
    Got a response back from Skyscape today. Somewhat of a bummer.

===========================
    Subject RE: Customer feedback
    Sent: Dec 1, 2010 08:42:09 AM
    To: jim@jeffcoat.com

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Jim,

Thank you for contacting us with this valuable information. We have updated our Palm Pre FAQs to state that WebOS 2.0 will break the Classic emulator. Due to the low sales of the Palm Pre and Pixi or Engineering group has now put on hold any further development on these devices. If you have further questions or need assistance please let us know.

Jean Grenier | Manager, Customer Care
    Skyscape, Inc.

t: 508-460-6500, ext 143
    f: 508-460-6510
    e: jean@skyscape.com
    a: 293 Boston Post Road West, Suite 320 | Marlborough, MA 01752

www.skyscape.com

Skyscape is a wholly owned subsidiary of Physicians Interactive Holdings, LLC
    My device history:

- Jim J.

sigh
  6.    #6  
    Have not answered the Skyscape person yet - trying to think of a well-crafted, well-worded (but curteous) response.

Anyone have any suggestions? Thinking of stuff like the promise of Enyo & easier development, new great devices coming out next year, etc.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

I dunno...when the reason they cite is the poor sales of the Pre and Pixi, I'd imagine they wouldn't be too interested in stuff like Enyo.