1.    #1  
    Noticed that this never got resolved or explained but does Palm Pre have any type of security applications such as Virus, Spyware or Firewalls?
    Palm Pre Plus+ High-end User / UberKernel 1.4.5-119 (1Ghz Processor) overclocked
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanji Dad View Post
    Noticed that this never got resolved or explained but does Palm Pre have any type of security applications such as Virus, Spyware or Firewalls?
    No. Not in the official catalog.
    I thought only android can get viruses?
    Nope. Palm pre don't need any protection - we have webos... the best security ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    Nope. Palm pre don't need any protection - we have webos... the best security ever.
    Um... whoa there boy. webOS is just an operating system, not a security suite.

OP.. there was a security concern a while back that was exposed by group (firm), but Palm addressed the issue within hours. Perhaps this may be an issue in the future, but right now there aren't any security issues for these devices. Who knows what hackers will do in the market in the future, but Android and iOS are much larger, more lucrative targets.
    Quote.. Um... whoa there boy. webOS is just an operating system, not a security suite. Quote ends..

(HelloNNNewman)
    Even so... It's one of the best operating system I've ever come across.
    I'd have to admire any "evildoer" who would put the energy into developing a virus for webOS. I mean, the market share in the States is so tiny, I don't think we're going to have to worry about the lack of anti-virus apps for a long time.