Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    With the "coming soon" of WebOS 2.0 (excited I am!). I was thinking about what is still missing from my Palm Phone. I am pleased that spell check and Word2Go can be taken off my wish list.

That just leaves me with a few apps that I really want.

Since I really don't care about games (I have enough productivity killers already), I am looking for the productivity helpers that are missing).

For me a TripIt app is a must have.

What is your number one missing productivity apps.

====update=====

damn you are so right, VOICE DIAL is the only thing about my Blackberry I miss (and bluetooth voice dial).
    Last edited by jckatz; 11/16/2010 at 03:24 PM.
    Voice Dial. (Heck, any voice commands!)
    And a mileage program that ties into the GPS for instant mileage for business trips.
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    Voice Dial!
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    Handbase
    I was going to say nothing, but after looking here, I think voice dialing would be very nice.

I'm not on the doc editing bandwagon, but only because I have needed to edit documents on my phone maybe once since getting my Pre, so I don't know that I would pay money for an editing app... If it was free I'd download it though!
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    full encryption to meet corporate e-mail restrictions
    that augmented reality sex offender house locator. I'm scared of being raped :P jk

honestly there are so many good aps on the other platforms that I don't even know about. I have to agree that voice dialing/dictation would be really nice
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Along the lines of voice, I want a voice recorder, or for zcorder to take advantage of the mic api when it comes, to provide it, recording phone conversations.

Also would like a Batchbook app, am using that rather than the over priced alternatives for a CRM.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    Titanium Backup from Android!
    Backup Apps with Savegames and configuration. Pretty cool, dont have to play Angry Birds levels every time again
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    NETFLIX streaming video app!
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
    Doc editing.

Seriously smartphones are meant to be productive and the closest thing to doc editing is typing up an essay in memos/email and emailing to myself. That's so dumb. I need it for Statistics, English, Economics, everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Voice commands.
    Epocrates full versions

Diet and Exercise Assistant

I'm not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes because I know I'm not dumb... and I also know that I'm not blonde. Dolly Parton
    Epocrates Essentials for webOS. Also, Quickoffice with editing capability and decent PDF reader such as GoodReader.
    Shazam
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Speech to text. Google Navigation.
    for the love of god, voice dialling!! The amount of unbelief I had when I found out there was unequivocally no way to do this on webOS...

Google nav, of course.

How about some of the basics? A camera that turns on within a second or two reliably every time... a PDF reader that actually reads PDFs....

oh and Kik, that cross-platform messenger.

Edit: a standalone MSN Messenger would be SO nice. I don't want my entire msn list integrated with my contacts. My MSN list is large and mostly trash.

~* I can't believe it's not butter! *~
    Audible!!!!
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylor View Post
    for the love of god, voice dialling!! The amount of unbelief I had when I found out there was unequivocally no way to do this on webOS...

Google nav, of course.

How about some of the basics? A camera that turns on within a second or two reliably every time... a PDF reader that actually reads PDFs....

oh and Kik, that cross-platform messenger.

Edit: a standalone MSN Messenger would be SO nice. I don't want my entire msn list integrated with my contacts. My MSN list is large and mostly trash.
    There are already Msn Messenger apps in Palm's App Catalog. I believe there are now 4 of them.

I recommend mundu!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

How about some of the basics? A camera that turns on within a second or two reliably every time...
    /quote

something I really like the idea of that is in wp7. You can take a picture from the lock screen.. I've heard from paul thurrott (via windows weekly), don't know %100 percent how it works but sounds convenient
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast