1.    #1  
    for the past week or 2 I've been having trouble with the engadget app. When it tries to load the main feed I get 'Failed to load the requested page! Try after sometime'
    Anyone else had this?? Seems like a strange error message!
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    It still works for me. You might try deleting the app and reinstalling from the app catalog.

BTW: The comments section hasn't worked for a while, but considering the level of discourse you find in Engadget's comments I consider that a feature, not a bug.
    I used to have that problem a lot, but not lately. I think re-installing is a good idea. The comments sort of work, but I think it only shows comments made via the webOS app. I don't like engadget as much without the flamefest.
    You can't multitask while the app is loading. You have to wait for the articles to load before you can do anything else. If you switch apps or do anything else before the articles are done loading, then they won't load. At least that's been my experience with the app.
    Last edited by alpinejag; 11/13/2010 at 10:36 PM.
    It also breaks the app if you install the iPhone User Agent Spoof and/or the AdBlocker patch.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    If you don't load it when it starts, just tap one of the icons at the bottom and switch back to the main view. It should load the articles.

As for the failed page, try reinstalling. Make sure you have adequate service.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.