Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 70
  1. #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ptrope View Post
    Love the look of this! If I didn't think I was a geek before, this certainly puts an end to that delusion.

    Just downloaded this from the app catalog to my Pre 2, but don't have the sounds; looked from this thread that that had been fixed. Hey, I'm patient - it looks really cool :-0. Thanks for the hard work!
    Yeah, and webOS 2 audio performs way better on too! BTW - It should be compatible with all devices running 1.4.5 and above, though pixi has some sluggishness.

    Here's the reasons this update is taking me a long time (some liberties were taken with prop accuracy to make them visually appealing ):





  2. kremmen's Avatar
    Posts
    93 Posts
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    #42  
    Just entered the preware club thanks to this thread. This is my 1st install. Should I have sound on pre 2 running web os2.1?
    Visuals look just great.

    Paul
  3. #43  
    Looking great, darthmario! I love the added functionality that those screenshots promise. Any idea when the new and improved version will be available? I'd definitely drop a dollar or two for all those landing party accessories.
  4. #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by kremmen View Post
    Just entered the preware club thanks to this thread. This is my 1st install. Should I have sound on pre 2 running web os2.1?
    Visuals look just great.

    Paul
    Thanks! Yeah, sounds in the version in the catalog are broken on 2.x. The update this week will resolve the sound issues in webOS 2.x . Absolutely silly bug on my part that 1.4.5 had no problem with, but 2.0 doesn't like at all. Let's just say that it involves a missing /. The update is also worth it becuase there are an absolute ton of new audio clips.

    Quote Originally Posted by VCI_Cell View Post
    Looking great, darthmario! I love the added functionality that those screenshots promise. Any idea when the new and improved version will be available? I'd definitely drop a dollar or two for all those landing party accessories.
    I promise no later than Saturday. Earliest would be wednesday, as my Pre 2 should tomorrow, but I'll likely run into some other bugs that will need work.

    I also promise not to delay the release to start on the new for webOS 2.1 feature that I'm planning to add
  5. #45  
    Oh yeah! Also please keep submitting bugs either in a catalog review, here, or the feedback form that the app will have. I'm planning to move this into the real catalog, so having testers and feedback is definitely appreciated!
  6. #46  
    Can't wait to put it through its paces! Thanks for the update!
    webOS user since 20090606.
  7. #47  
    Just submitted the new version to the web feeds. Should be trickling out soon. New version is 1.5 and I went back to something closer to the old icon. There's a few bugs I need to fix, but report any that you find.

    Enjoy!
  8. mrdmc's Avatar
    Posts
    96 Posts
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    #48  
    I'm pretty sure I shouldn't enjoy this as much as I do - but damn, it's fun!! Thank you
  9. #49  
    Thanks! Yeah, I had the same problem during development, I kept wasting time playing around with the thing instead of working on it

    Also if its fun now, just wait until the next two updates - dashboard (minor, but neat!) and exhibition mode (major and very neat!)
  10. #50  
    DL'ed my update and YAY! got sound! Love it! Thanks a bunch - looking forward to the exhibition mode .
  11. #51  
    Is this app still in the catalogue? I had it before I changed to 2.1 and now can't seem to find it in preware.
  12. #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by toaste View Post
    Is this app still in the catalogue? I had it before I changed to 2.1 and now can't seem to find it in preware.
    It was in the web feed, but I submitted it yesterday to the full catalog so we'll see when (or if ) it appears there.

    Speaking of that, I want to thank everyone who's helped work out all the bugs and made feature suggestions so far! Keep sending in suggestions and bugs. I'm going to be adding exhibition mode to this app in the next couple months, so be on the lookout.
  13. #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by darthmario View Post
    It was in the web feed, but I submitted it yesterday to the full catalog so we'll see when (or if ) it appears there.

    Speaking of that, I want to thank everyone who's helped work out all the bugs and made feature suggestions so far! Keep sending in suggestions and bugs. I'm going to be adding exhibition mode to this app in the next couple months, so be on the lookout.
    I found a way around not finding it in the catalog. I had my wife go to her pre+1.4.5 catalog and "suggest" it to me via SMS then just downloaded it via that link. I knew there was another reason for not upgrading her phone!

    Thanks and keep up the good work. Fun app.
  14. #54  
    Just wanted to thank everyone again for their help and also let you know the app is now in the official app catalog, not just the web any more.

    Thanks again!

    https://developer.palm.com/appredire...ekcommunicator
  15. #55  
    Just downloaded the re-vamped app and ... wow. This has to be one of the best-thought-out "just for fun" apps ever, and certainly the best of its kind on webOS. Not just because I'm a Trek fan, either - it's so well done, and packed with features.

    Two thumbs way up!

    EDIT: I'd love to see you tackle a functional Tricorder app, like the one available for Android that uses the on-board sensors to display acceleration, ambient sound level, signal strength, etc. The Android version's capabilities combined with your attention to detail and design work would be awesome.
  16. #56  
    Just discovered a bonus feature!

    Leave the app running in the background in communicator mode. Even in card view, or with another app active, the opening chirp will sound with opening the slider. Same with closing the slider/closing sound. Awesome!
    Last edited by VCI_Cell; 06/14/2011 at 11:22 PM.
    webOS user since 20090606.
  17. #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by VCI_Cell View Post
    Just discovered a bonus feature!

    Leave the app running in the background in communicator mode. Even in card view, or with another app active, the opening chirp will sound with opening the slider. Same with closing the slider/closing sound. Awesome!
    If I had a prize I'd give it to you But you'll have to settle for being the first person to find that one without my suggesting leaving it open all the time.

    BTW - after I finish this Touchpad app I'm working on I'm going to swing back around to doing an exhibition mode for this app "Star Trek Communicator: Captain's Command"
  18. #58  
    That Exhibition app sounds amazing. Please don't stop making apps like these - they're outstanding.

    FYI: I think leaving this open in the background might use a lot of memory ... been having some buggy responses from open apps while doing this. But it's worth it.
    webOS user since 20090606.
  19. #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by VCI_Cell View Post
    That Exhibition app sounds amazing. Please don't stop making apps like these - they're outstanding.

    FYI: I think leaving this open in the background might use a lot of memory ... been having some buggy responses from open apps while doing this. But it's worth it.
    Thanks!

    I think you're right about the memory issues. Just saw some weirdness happening with the more pattern. I think I know what's causing it so I'll try to get an update out in the next week with some fixes. There's also some issues for pixi users I need to take care of.

    Thanks again!
  20. #60  
    Will it be possible to disable the on-launch sound? {Jonathan}
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions