Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by VCI_Cell View Post
    Have to say I was unreasonably excited when this app came out and I installed it on my original Pre. The new flip grid looks amazing!

One problem: the sounds don't seem to work when running this app (latest version as of today) in webOS 2.0.1 on a Pre2. I would love to know when you get around to fixing this, as I absolutely love this app. It rounds out my Trek communicator collection very nicely.
    Thanks for the feedback! I'll take a look at what's happening on 2.0.1 . I'm not sure if I'll be able to totally fix it until I get a Pre2 dev phone, but I've switched the way the sound objects are invoked in the next release which might solve it.
    Would be cool if you could get the communicator sound when you open the slider...
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    Would be cool if you could get the communicator sound when you open the slider...
    As a patch for all the time? Yes that would be very cool.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    I've asked for this weeks ago... this app is the next best thing...
    Quote Originally Posted by darthmario View Post
    Thanks for the feedback! I'll take a look at what's happening on 2.0.1 . I'm not sure if I'll be able to totally fix it until I get a Pre2 dev phone, but I've switched the way the sound objects are invoked in the next release which might solve it.
    Thanks for the reply! Looking forward to getting an update notification!
    Quote Originally Posted by VCI_Cell View Post
    Thanks for the reply! Looking forward to getting an update notification!
    No problemo! Just let me know if you keep having issues. I can't really test effectively on webOS 2.0... yet

I'll take a look and see what I could do. Previous slider activation was unintentional and based on buggy shake event coding I've made the start & end code more action agnostic so as long as I can figure out the trigger for the slider it shouldn't be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by ToddK View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    As a patch for all the time? Yes that would be very cool.
    I've asked for this weeks ago... this app is the next best thing...
    I don't think I know enough about patching to accomplish this, but maybe someone who does can help us out When I get through the next few updates I'll swing back around and take a look.

As a side question, is there any interest in having a card-less, dashboard mode? It would basically be a strip with the three departments and the positive and negative action buttons.

While I'm asking, I'm adding a couple more characters & clips, would a configuration screen to select which characters are available be something you'd like to see?
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    the phaser app is called "phaseruptor" it's in the app catalog. Not the beta one.

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
    Just a quick follow up. I've been able to confirm the webOS 2.0 audio issues. Working on a fix now. It's the only holdup for an update that includes 5 new (minor) characters and a grand total of 600 audio clips (yikes!) with Spock, Bones, Scotty having about 100 a piece and Chekov, Sulu and Uhura getting bumped up to at least 40.

There's also a bonus for festivus that will be going in this one as well. Once it's out we can begin our Airing of Grievances.
    Appreciate the update and good news. Your communicator is truly awesome.

Will your communicator app be available to the HP/PalmPad?
    What about other Star Trek apps such as the Medical Tricorder, the PADD, the COMM Badge?

What about using the computer voice performed by the late actress, Majel "Nurse Christine Chapel" Barrett?

- I guess you can tell I'm a trekker.
    Quote Originally Posted by fred1955 View Post
    Appreciate the update and good news. Your communicator is truly awesome.

Will your communicator app be available to the HP/PalmPad?
    What about other Star Trek apps such as the Medical Tricorder, the PADD, the COMM Badge?

What about using the computer voice performed by the late actress, Majel "Nurse Christine Chapel" Barrett?

- I guess you can tell I'm a trekker.
    Thanks!

I'm definitely going to make this resolution independent for future versions. Mainly so that the interface is more compact and the css less haphazard. This should allow it to work on all current and future devices in whatever resolution.

As far Tricorder, the next update should give you a hint about planned upgrades to this app For now, I'm going to stick with TOS era stuff, I'm drawn to the knobs, dials, buttons and other gizmos of those designs. I'll definitely be adding more of that, but may make other era stuff down the line.

As far as characters, here's the complete list in the new version:

Uhura
    Chekov
    Captain Pike (beeps only!)
    The Guardian of Forever
    Sulu
    Scotty
    TOS Zephram Cochrane
    Nomad
    Bones
    Spock
    Computer
    Sarek
    Nurse Chapel
    As far as characters, here's the complete list in the new version:

Captain Pike (beeps only!)
    My favorite Captain Pike line: "Is your blood red like ours? I'm gonna find out!!"

Or something like that...
    Just a quick update and then back to work on what has turned into a major & awesome update. Audio fixes for 2.0 are in and I've got to say that HTML5 audio performance in 2.0 is substantially better, even on the oldest hardware. So good.

The issue is that at the moment I can't have as many audio objects instantiated and pre loaded, so 1.4 performance has suffered. I'm now working on splitting audio techniques 3 ways, webOS 2+, Pre < 2 & pixi < 2. Pixi performance will always be the worst of the three, the device is just a tad too sluggish overall, but I'm making it the best I can.

Stay tuned tonight (pacific time) for the update ... which is I think 200% more awesomer than the first version. Comments and testing are always appreciated. I'm hoping that after this version it can go into the regular catalog.
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    Just a quick update and then back to work on what has turned into a major & awesome update. Audio fixes for 2.0 are in and I've got to say that HTML5 audio performance in 2.0 is substantially better, even on the oldest hardware. So good.

The issue is that at the moment I can't have as many audio objects instantiated and pre loaded, so 1.4 performance has suffered. I'm now working on splitting audio techniques 3 ways, webOS 2+, Pre < 2 & pixi < 2. Pixi performance will always be the worst of the three, the device is just a tad too sluggish overall, but I'm making it the best I can.

Stay tuned tonight (pacific time) for the update ... which is I think 200% more awesomer than the first version. Comments and testing are always appreciated. I'm hoping that after this version it can go into the regular catalog.
    I love this app! thanks, again for what is, for an old Trek fan, an app that is just perfect for the Pre.

Is it possible to have the "screen" open when the Pre's slider is opened, and close when the slider is closed? (It would almost be like flipping open Kirk's "communicator", and would be oh so cool to be able to do!)
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    What about using the computer voice performed by the late actress, Majel "Nurse Christine Chapel" Barrett? = MRS. Roddenberry...

Majel Barrett-Roddenberry (born Majel Leigh Hudec;[1] February 23, 1932 – December 18, 2008)[1] was an American actress and producer. She is perhaps best known for her role as Nurse Chapel in original Star Trek series and for being the voice of most onboard computer interfaces throughout the series. She was also the wife of Star Trek creator Gene Roddenberry.[1]
    I love this app! thanks, again for what is, for an old Trek fan, an app that is just perfect for the Pre.

Is it possible to have the "screen" open when the Pre's slider is opened, and close when the slider is closed? (It would almost be like flipping open Kirk's "communicator", and would be oh so cool to be able to do!)
    You're welcome! As an aside, the original motivation for this app was so that I could use the Pre as my communicator for my Captain Kirk costume for Halloween It's pretty much the perfect size & shape.

I'll look into adding the slider function. I was thinking the same thing this morning
    What about using the computer voice performed by the late actress, Majel "Nurse Christine Chapel" Barrett? = MRS. Roddenberry...

Majel Barrett-Roddenberry (born Majel Leigh Hudec;[1] February 23, 1932 December 18, 2008)[1] was an American actress and producer. She is perhaps best known for her role as Nurse Chapel in original Star Trek series and for being the voice of most onboard computer interfaces throughout the series. She was also the wife of Star Trek creator Gene Roddenberry.[1]
    Yep, both Nurse Chapel and the computer are going in the new version.

I also wanted to include Yeoman Rand, but didn't have enough clips. It's a shame as I really wanted to include her line "Back on the ship, I used to try to get you to look at my legs. Captain, look at my legs"
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    Yep, both Nurse Chapel and the computer are going in the new version.

I also wanted to include Yeoman Rand, but didn't have enough clips. It's a shame as I really wanted to include her line "Back on the ship, I used to try to get you to look at my legs. Captain, look at my legs"
    ...are you still here?
    ...are you still here?
    Yep! Actually working on the app today. Lost focus for a while with day job projects, but I'm back on the ball now. Fixing a couple issues with the phaser and tricorder parts of the app. This next version is a biggie! Now four things to play with, communicator, phaser, tricorder & medical hypospray + medical scanner also fixed some aspects of the communicator I wasn't happy with, like makeing the moire more accurate and the lighted buttons more like the actual prop. I'm leaving the catalog name the same, but inside the app it's now known as "Star Trek Communicator & Away Team Action Playset!" It's gonna be neat
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    Yep! Actually working on the app today. Lost focus for a while with day job projects, but I'm back on the ball now. Fixing a couple issues with the phaser and tricorder parts of the app. This next version is a biggie! Now four things to play with, communicator, phaser, tricorder & medical hypospray + medical scanner also fixed some aspects of the communicator I wasn't happy with, like makeing the moire more accurate and the lighted buttons more like the actual prop. I'm leaving the catalog name the same, but inside the app it's now known as "Star Trek Communicator & Away Team Action Playset!" It's gonna be neat
    Sounds very cool! Will it still run on 1.4.5?

STC&ATAP! That's quite a mouthful! :-)
    Love the look of this! If I didn't think I was a geek before, this certainly puts an end to that delusion.

Just downloaded this from the app catalog to my Pre 2, but don't have the sounds; looked from this thread that that had been fixed. Hey, I'm patient - it looks really cool :-0. Thanks for the hard work!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast