Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    This is the biggest reason I got rid of the EPIC and came back to the Pre. No real multi-tasking. Every time I would get a call or a txt msg or needed to check something on the web or my phone while playing a game of any kind I would have to re-launch the game and go through all the menus again to get back where I was.
    I thought it saved where you were on Anroid and iOS, so you wouldn't have to go through menus?
    This is the biggest reason I got rid of the EPIC and came back to the Pre. No real multi-tasking. Every time I would get a call or a txt msg or needed to check something on the web or my phone while playing a game of any kind I would have to re-launch the game and go through all the menus again to get back where I was.
    My brother in law tells me he can just turn his notifications off so he's not interrupted on his iPhone. I tell him, yeah, so can I. But I don't have to.

Hooray for multitasking!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    I thought it saved where you were on Anroid and iOS, so you wouldn't have to go through menus?
    It never did for me on my Epic. I didn't lose completed progress but everytime I left the app I had to re-launch the app which always took me back through the startup screen and menus.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    On my LG Optimus S it simply pauses the game, does what it needs to do. I do have to tap the launch icon for it, but it immediately brings up the pause screen in the game, and I continue from right where I left off.
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    It never did for me on my Epic. I didn't lose completed progress but everytime I left the app I had to re-launch the app which always took me back through the startup screen and menus.
    You have to multitask on android differently.

You can press home fire up a new app then press the back button to go back to your last app.. This does not always work though because the apps are built differently.

The best way is to press and hold the home button until the recent apps menu pops up showing you the last 6 apps you used pick the one you want and you return to it in its saved state. And in angry birds its the screen as if you paused the game with the restart/menu/quit buttons.
    Quote Originally Posted by helidos View Post
    You have to multitask on android differently.
    You mean, unlike normal multitasking? In such a way that it isn't obvious whether you are multitasking or not. Android "multitasking" is simply not intuitive enough.

You can press home fire up a new app then press the back button to go back to your last app.. This does not always work though because the apps are built differently.
    But when you press the back button you quit completely out of the app you just launched so unless you press the home button you won't be able to go back in the same state you were previously and as you stated, that doesn't work with everything anyway.

The best way is to press and hold the home button until the recent apps menu pops up showing you the last 6 apps you used pick the one you want and you return to it in its saved state. And in angry birds its the screen as if you paused the game with the restart/menu/quit buttons.
    Yes, I am aware of the home button thing, but... that only works if you don't need to do six other things before returning to your Angry Birds game. And even though you guys say it goes back to where you were in the game, that wasn't my experience, but I could have been clicking the back button instead of the home button. It's not like I didn't give Android on the Epic a fair shake. I used it for about three weeks, rooted, and spent close to $50 bucks on apps to make it look and feel like I wanted and still couldn't get there.

What I find most humorous is that when I post something negative about Android here in our PreCentral forums, I get more replies than I ever could when posting a question on any Android forum.
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    You mean, unlike normal multitasking? In such a way that it isn't obvious whether you are multitasking or not. Android "multitasking" is simply not intuitive enough.
    I didn't post my remarks to start a debate it was a simple explanation on how to multitask on android. I though you didn't know how to multitask so I gave an example and many do not know how to multitask on android.

But when you press the back button you quit completely out of the app you just launched so unless you press the home button you won't be able to go back in the same state you were previously and as you stated, that doesn't work with everything anyway.
    All depends on the app, how the apps were opening in which order etc.

Yes, I am aware of the home button thing, but... that only works if you don't need to do six other things before returning to your Angry Birds game. And even though you guys say it goes back to where you were in the game, that wasn't my experience, but I could have been clicking the back button instead of the home button. It's not like I didn't give Android on the Epic a fair shake. I used it for about three weeks, rooted, and spent close to $50 bucks on apps to make it look and feel like I wanted and still couldn't get there.

What I find most humorous is that when I post something negative about Android here in our PreCentral forums, I get more replies than I ever could when posting a question on any Android forum.
    Look again my reply was about how to multitask on android and that angry birds did return to how you left it. If you already know how to multitask and wanna debate the difference in another thread that's fine. I see no reason for your tone other than to attempt to start a debate about android vs webos multitasking in a thread about angry birds.
    Look again my reply was about how to multitask on android and that angry birds did return to how you left it. If you already know how to multitask and wanna debate the difference in another thread that's fine. I see no reason for your tone other than to attempt to start a debate about android vs webos multitasking in a thread about angry birds.
    No tone intended. I just didn't care for the Android experience I had. And while I did figure the home vs. back button thing out, it was always dependent on what else I needed to do and how quickly I needed to return to it and what state I was willing to get it in. I don't have to deal with that in WebOS.
    Global Posts
    1,344 Global Posts
    I'm looking for an update to add more levels. I have 4 more levels that need 3 stars. I love this game.
    It's showing up the catalog now.
    it's here!
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Look down....your pants are on fire!

Seriously, I don't see it yet. But I'll keep looking. Thanks for the update.
    Sprint Palm Pre 1.4.5 @ 1G
    Quote Originally Posted by jadiff View Post
    Look down....your pants are on fire!

Seriously, I don't see it yet. But I'll keep looking. Thanks for the update.

yea, if you go to the update page in app launcher, it is not showing yet however if you go to the whats new section it shows at the top with the little update arrow over the icon.
    There are four lights.
    It's in there, but when I tap on it, instead of "update available" I get "tap to launch". I guess it's 'getting ready' and will download sometime later today.
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Thanks, I just get Tap To Launch.....I'll check later.
    Sprint Palm Pre 1.4.5 @ 1G
    I have a Pixi and it's not showing up yet. Also, I'm glad this update came out, but I was kind of hoping Seasons would be released first. Hopefully it will be released today, too, though. in the meantime I have to get caught up to the new levels.
    The update's not showing up for me on my Pre.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    I hate that the updates app doesn't tell me something along the lines of "there are no updates available" when there are no updates available.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    I hate that the updates app doesn't tell me something along the lines of "there are no updates available" when there are no updates available.
    My updates app keeps saying "Application Updates Available", too, but when I click the Show button it opens the catalog and takes me to my list of apps, where there are no updates. I don't even see Angry Birds in the "What's New" section, either, so I don't know why the Updates app is off from the Catalog.
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    It will be downloadable in coming months.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast