1.    #1  
    Suddenly, starting yesterday, whenever I'm connected via EVDO, I can't load maps, either via Google Maps or BFGMaps. Google maps gives me the lame "... requires an internet connection" screen, and BFGMaps just sits there with a white screen. I know I have an internet connection, 'cause everything else works -- e-mail, browser. When I'm connected via Wi-Fi, it works as normal.

I'm on Sprint with a pre-minus.

I'm thinking of doctoring, but hoping I don't have to take that step -- it costs me around 4 hours to recover.

Anyone else having or have had a problem like this? Any ideas?
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    A shot-in-the dark thought. Have you tried re-starting the phone? I had a similar issue (3G connection showed, but, could not access any data (ie: web or maps) / took a reboot to fix the problem. Since you still get other data fine, I realize this is a 50/50 chance at-best.
    Palm History: Sony Clie T615C --> T|X --> Pre+ --> Pre3 Aspirations -->
  3.    #3  
    Thanks, yes, have re-started several times.
    Ok, so now that you raised this issue all Google related products are officially dead on my Pre. Google is waging war on webOS.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by foosball View Post
    Ok, so now that you raised this issue all Google related products are officially dead on my Pre. Google is waging war on webOS.
    So you're having the same problem with Google Maps?
    Yes. And all Google web-based products. Does Google.com work for you?
    Last edited by foosball; 11/09/2010 at 12:33 PM.
    Somebody please get to the bottom of this if you have knowledge of the situation! My email is not syncing...cant go to google voice, google.com etc. NEED HELP! I wish I knew more about this stuff
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    I am on a Sprint Pre and am having no troubles with my google applications.

Are you guys sure you have a data connection that is working? The problem is obviously not with Google.

It just can't be with Google since you don't have to log in for maps.
    Last edited by djmcgee; 11/09/2010 at 12:48 PM. Reason: added more
    Dan
    Quote Originally Posted by djmcgee View Post
    I am on a Sprint Pre and am having no troubles with my google applications.

Are you guys sure you have a data connection that is working? The problem is obviously not with Google.

It just can't be with Google since you don't have to log in for maps.
    Well you tell me. I'm posting this from my Pre...do I have a working data connection?
    Quote Originally Posted by foosball View Post
    Well you tell me. I'm posting this from my Pre...do I have a working data connection?
    No, you don't. It's magic!
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    Sweet!

....and we're back! Its working. Very strange, indeed.
    well maybe u r not the only one... my google maps its forzen but my BFG maps its workin good!!!!!and I've a pre -.....
    wierd!!!! my Google maps start working until now.....
  14.    #14  
    yeah, I'm suddenly back in business, too -- both Google Maps and BFG.

I agree, strange, indeed. Foosball, frankly, at first I thought you were paranoid. But now I'm starting to wonder if Google is messing with us!
    Quote Originally Posted by RJKinsman View Post
    yeah, I'm suddenly back in business, too -- both Google Maps and BFG.

I agree, strange, indeed. Foosball, frankly, at first I thought you were paranoid. But now I'm starting to wonder if Google is messing with us!
    Heh, heh. Whatever happened I'm sure was relatively benign but since it happened across all Google services for a number of us it started to take on a different tone.

Unfortuately the webOS community is so small that I don't think we have anything to be paranoid about. But it can still be feigned for vanity purposes.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Android users had a similar problem 4 or 5 days ago, and Google blamed it on a wonky server. I suppose that connections through EVDO could be going to one server and connections through Wifi could be hitting a different server. Looks like Google fixed it.
    Quote Originally Posted by panars View Post
    Android users had a similar problem 4 or 5 days ago, and Google blamed it on a wonky server. I suppose that connections through EVDO could be going to one server and connections through Wifi could be hitting a different server. Looks like Google fixed it.
    The plot thickens. Google is attacking Android users too!