Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    Many Palm users have been begging for it for over a year. Yet, we still get snubbed - AGAIN! I'm speaking of Slingplayer Mobile. Case in point - Windows Phone 7 was released in the U.S. just yesterday ... with SlingPlayer Mobile for Windows Phone 7 already in its app marketplace!!

    http://www.wpcentral.com/slingplayer...ce-costs-29-99
  2. #2  
    Delivering a SDK prior to a phone's release has its benefits. I'm sure it didn't hurt to have MS including a nice monetary incentive with each delivery either.
  3. #3  
    Time to face facts man. Until webOS gains marketshare, you can count on devs passing it up in order to concentrate their time and money on getting apps for top tier OS's. Regardless of what you or I or anyone else here thinks about webOS being an unbeatable OS, devs do not work for charity cases. There are simply too few users out there to justify the resources it takes to create and maintain an app on our platform. When HP and Palm come out with new hardware, they may have a chance of increasing their marketshare, and garnering the attention of devs. Until then, take a deep breath, and either accept this fact, or move to a more mainstream OS.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

    Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
  4.    #4  
    "Until webOS gains marketshare" ... Yes, I see your point, but until yesterday Windows Phone 7 (a complete rewrite of Windows Mobile) had ZERO marketshare. And it still gets the Sling Mobile app before webOS! I just want to flog Sling Media with a wet noodle! (Plus, totally unrelated, the second power adapter for my SlingCatcher has just failed - but I digress.)
  5. sweaner's Avatar
    Posts
    161 Posts
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    #5  
    If you were in the software business you would probably do the same thing.
  6. #6  
    Take a wild guess at the present difference between webOS and Windows Phone 7. =)
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

    Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
  7.    #7  
    Maybe the "user" cannot afford or does not want to buy one of those overpriced Apple devices. Certainly lots of people fit into those categories. I guess "the customer is always right" mantra is right out the window with most companies.
  8. #8  
    It's a Slingplayer app or a third party development?

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    Newness Developments apps:

  9. #9  
    until Palm delivers API and gets some decent marketshare, we'll just have to get used to being snubbed.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvrDrgn View Post
    Maybe the "user" cannot afford or does not want to buy one of those overpriced Apple devices. Certainly lots of people fit into those categories. I guess "the customer is always right" mantra is right out the window with most companies.
    Can you explain this post? I honestly don't understand it. Are you trying to say that devs should put their apps on your device because you are "the customer" and therefore always right? I'm confused.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

    Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by morrison0880 View Post
    Can you explain this post? I honestly don't understand it. Are you trying to say that devs should put their apps on your device because you are "the customer" and therefore always right? I'm confused.
    Yes, but not just for me. There's been lots of requests for this particular app from Sling Media. Yet they continue to ignore.
  12. #12  
    And Android just received an update to Angry Birds adding an additional 45 levels. Where's are update? Oh wait I know, webOS gets snubbed once again.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvrDrgn View Post
    Yes, but not just for me. There's been lots of requests for this particular app from Sling Media. Yet they continue to ignore.
    I'm sure that "lots of requests" doesn't even add up to a drop in the bucket when compared to the current and potential users of the other OS's. Again, read the above posts to get insight as to why it is not on the platform. You honestly have to get past the idea that webOS is a major player in the mobile market right now. Without the marketshare that could be gained with hardware upgrades and vastly improved marketing, it isn't going to change. You and I and the entire precentral community might want this to be the case, but it isn't. Either accept it, or move on. But you need to stop getting angry, because it really isn't going to change for some time.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

    Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
  14. ahitz's Avatar
    Posts
    412 Posts
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    #14  
    Lets look at "modern" smarthphnes with 1GHz or better processors

    -HTC 7, HTC Surround, HD7, Venue Pro, Omnia 7, Mozart, Optimus 7, Trophy, Optimus Quantum, Focus.
    -4 (5?) manufacturers.
    -Phones available on 2 US carriers and several around the world.
    -Tons of marketing for the platform expected for the holiday

    vs.

    -Pre 2
    -Phone available on SFR, and at some point Verizon
    -No marketing push expected until new devices in 2011

    Which would you develop for first? The one with a clear near-term future (or at the very least guaranteed buzz), or the one with lots of potential but unknown road map?
  15. #15  
    NagCentral?


    My Pre Does EXACTLY What I Need It To Do, And Thats Why I Have A webOS Relationship.

    Facebook: facebook.com/LordSecksie
    Twitter: @LordSecksie
    TextOne: LordSecksie
  16. xtn
    xtn is offline
    xtn's Avatar
    Posts
    434 Posts
    Global Posts
    711 Global Posts
    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvrDrgn View Post
    Maybe the "user" cannot afford or does not want to buy one of those overpriced Apple devices. Certainly lots of people fit into those categories. I guess "the customer is always right" mantra is right out the window with most companies.
    Maybe the Sling people only want to develop for those who can afford it....
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by xtn View Post
    Maybe the Sling people only want to develop for those who can afford it....
    Crazy talk! Crazy I say! I am customer. Customer always right. I deserve Sling. Therefore, devs should give it to me. QED Gimme!
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

    Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
  18. #18  
    My Slingbox is dearly missed on my Pre after 2 years on my Treo 700p.
    I hope when 2.0 is out with Flash that I can use the sling.com webpage.
    C'mon Sling, do it! Web OS, ASAP!
  19. #19  
    I'm SICK and TIRED of people who are SICK and TIRED!
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by not-yet-pre View Post
    I'm SICK and TIRED of people who are SICK and TIRED!
    Hahah...lol....whine-OS

    sfm Evo
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions