1.    #1  
    With the impending demise of Classic, would be nice to start a list of PalmOS healthcare-related apps that have no counterpart for webOS. Maybe at some point we can find developers who might be able to make similar apps. Or if the original developers are active, possibly encourage them to develop webOS versions of their apps as well.

I'll start with one I use quite a bit: Palm EKG

PalmEKG -- The Arrhythmia Field Guide for your Palm
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    I really wish I knew of an easy way to extract the info/dbs from PRC files so I could make webOS counterparts for them. I think it's all compiled code so its next to impossible to take it out and develop webOS versions of it from already written code.
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    EM Rules
    ABG Pro
    PalmEKG
    ICU Math
    MentSTAT

Some of the formulas within these programs are in Palmdoc's MediPDA. There are many more that I use on a daily basis (PERC criteria, N.O. head CT rule, etc.) that aren't.
    e-p-o-c-r-a-t-e-s
    LexiComp

Very comprehensive yet simple to use. I'd say much better than epocrates. If only subscription weren't so expensive.
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    LexiComp is on WebOS I think. Just very expensive and doesn't have formularies to know insurance coverage.

NarcConvert - allowed entering amounts of 2 narcotics (basal and breakthrough) and popping out the equivalent 3rd. Better than just a straight 1:1 converter.

Riley Kidometer - tons of normal values for kids by age, weight, gender

MedCalc - the gold standard for medical calculators. There are others that are good, but none that have yet reached it's number of calculators. The interface is good, and the references/background formulas are right there easy to find, too. Fortunately, WebOS has PalmDoc05 and SirataXero narrowing this gap.

iSilo with a myriad of cheap or free medical documents still available. Hopefully they still plan a WebOS version.

Some of the best of the old PalmOS medical programs used the Basic runtime library as I recall. My favorites were:

MedRules - evidenced based decision making formulas

Risky Disky (breast cancer risk calculator that integrated the Gail formula with some others, too)
    Family Practice PDA, Software by Timothy Allen, MD

This is the best OB wheel, none of the current calculators available can give an EDD and backdate an LMP based on ultrasound date.

That's my #2 app, behind ePocrates which no longer works for me on Classic b/c it won't update.
    MediPDA's EGA by EDD (est by u/s date) does that and backdates the lmp for you.
    sorry, I meant using GA on a specific date to calculate EDD & LMP. For example, ultrasound shows a pt is 6w3d on 10/28, & I can calculate their LMP & EDD. As far as I can tell on MediPDA's wheel you have to know either the LMP or the EDD, nothing in between.
    OK, I get it so a module which works out LMP and EDD from the EGA? Should be simple enough
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Stat Growth Chart
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Good idea although aside from epocrates I don't have many legacy palm os apps I want. We should have a list of newer apps we want on webOS that are available on iOS, Android, etc. Iradiology looks cool. My hospital radiology viewer does work with Iphones, but I haven't installed it on my backup phone- iphone.
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    With the impending demise of Classic, would be nice to start a list of PalmOS healthcare-related apps that have no counterpart for webOS. Maybe at some point we can find developers who might be able to make similar apps. Or if the original developers are active, possibly encourage them to develop webOS versions of their apps as well.

I'll start with one I use quite a bit: Palm EKG

PalmEKG -- The Arrhythmia Field Guide for your Palm
    right now i'm running emedic 3.9 on classic
    can you run skyscape on classic?