1.    #1  
    Has anyone seen 8pen (8pen)
    anyway we can get this on pre?
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 11/04/2010 at 07:55 PM. Reason: updated title
    that would make my brain hurt to use. I'm still hpoing for swype
    Good idea, not sure if the world is ready for this.
    Wow.. no offense, but you couldn't pay me to use that keyboard on a daily basis. Interesting concept though... it's almost like learning short-hand.
    it reminds me of the old graphiti gestures on palm pda's

once I learned it, I really liked it..
    I'm actually wrapping up something similar, but (I think) more intuitive to be included in wog osk.
    WOG Dev - WebOS Group http://www.WebOSGroup.com
    PMP Dev - http://www.PimpMyPre.com
    Apps: WOG O.S.K., WOG Card Keeper, WOG Glowstick, WOG Kid Protect, PreLoad, PimpMySounds
    Wow! No thanks! Don't like the idea of that, at all!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    8pen is so completely unintuitive. It's so bad that if I had seen the demo on youtube without knowing its origin, I would have thought it was one of the funniest parody videos ever. It reminds me of this classic:
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    wow. That's pretty complicated ltm. I wonder if it would be usable once accustomed to it.
    http://<font color="Navy">Poll: Requ...r webOS</font>

Coming soon-Calm Alarm
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    Palm Pimp.
    Comes with 2 free Pixis.
    Quote Originally Posted by HaydenDavey View Post
    Has anyone seen 8pen (8pen)
    anyway we can get this on pre?
    Yes, this is old news with a thread put out two days ago.

No its for Android only.
    Quote Originally Posted by kinster02 View Post
    Yes, this is old news with a thread put out two days ago.

No its for Android only.
    Two days ago is "old" news.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    It reminds me of this classic:
    I was immediately reminded of that video by the Onion. lol
    The Macbook Wheel concept looks way easier to use than 8pen!
    I like the idea. Too bad it will never be ported to webos.
    Call me crazy, but for it to be intuitive, sin't it (by definition) supposed to feel "natural"? There doesn't seem to be anything intuitive about it. It would be like having to learn a completely new system and forget ours, and that is not intuitive.

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    Crazy... But who knows maybe it is as easy as they say and not as hard as they show.

-- Sent from my Palm Pixi using Forums Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeisnowonfire View Post
    Call me crazy, but for it to be intuitive, sin't it (by definition) supposed to feel "natural"? There doesn't seem to be anything intuitive about it. It would be like having to learn a completely new system and forget ours, and that is not intuitive.
    Crazy....

That's all for now...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    this is no less intuitive than a standard keyboard is to a new typist... I've been having a good time with it on my friends android
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Well, 8pen just has a high learning curve compared to input methods like Swype. Keep in mind, uncommon letters are put toward the outside, and more common letters closer to the center. I tried it and it's not really my thing, and it just plain doesn't make sense on any current WebOS devices. A VKB with trace support would be amazing though on WebOS. Swype isn't the only one, UltraKeyboard, SlideIT, and Shapewriter all support tracing.

I gotta say though, I'd be upset if I had purchased it when it first launched (~$1.60 IIRC), because it dropped to free very soon after. Like 2 or 3 weeks. Ouch~