Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Now even windows 7 have netflix. WebOS is the only platform left without netflix and Amazon Kindle. So iPhone, iPad, android, blackberry and now windows 7 have netflix and Amazon Kindle. Only one left out is WebOS. I have a feeling both are coming on January 6th with CES and release of WebOS Tab.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    Now even windows 7 have netflix. WebOS is the only platform left without netflix and Amazon Kindle. So iPhone, iPad, android, blackberry and now windows 7 have netflix and Amazon Kindle. Only one left out is WebOS. I have a feeling both are coming on January 6th with CES and release of WebOS Tab.
    What can we do about it?..Send tis to Amazon and netflix. Also, just incase you didn't know, there are lots of netflix apps in the catalog. I have 2 of them. 'My Q for netflix' and 'netphlix'.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191
    I think he means official netflix apps that allow streaming of video content on-the-go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhunterjr View Post
    I think he means official netflix apps that allow streaming of video content on-the-go.
    Yep and ones that are official and free.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    do all those platforms have audible too? it's like they don't want my money
    Not true. Maemo doesn't have a netflix or a kindle app. Symbian has only a queue netflix app, and I don't think Blackberries can stream netflix either.

Now, if you'd like to rephrase your statement, I'd love to help:
    webOS is the only viable, advanced, user friendly, currently available touchscreen mobile OS without Netflix streaming and Kindle reading support.
    Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    I gotta say, I aint surprised, so far WebOS has not proven it has commercial appeal for the masses. Of course us superiorly intelligent and sexy users know what an amazing OS it truly is, the masses are morons, unfortunately, they spend more than the few elite. Give it time, I have a lot of faith in WebOS and I think they'll really change the mainstream opinion...also, if for nothing else, I'll stick around for all the awesome people at precentral!
    kinda blows that webOS has no love from many of the big corporate outfits. palmpad needs to have netflix and kindle to effectively compete.
    who cares about webOS love?

if hp will pay them, they will build them.
    This topic is probably the most profound problem facing WebOS right now. I was just commenting how WebOS is the only platform omitted from a GM OnStar app that allows functions of the vehicle and diagnostics to be viewed on the phone. Makes me wonder how long I can handle the oversights before I abandon the platform.
    I read my kindle a Barnes and Noble books in pReader.
    We need an Audible app too. Jealous of the iPhone and Android version. You can even buy and download the books from the app itself! Arggghh!
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/feedback.html

Edit: this link may be a better one for Kindle. Click the "contact Kindle support" button.

Netflix doesn't have a feedback form. I guess commenting on their blog, facebook page, or twitter account is the only way to go.

Audible has a FAQ page about webOS, but I don't see a way to bump the question. Guess you have to email them. It does say "If you would like to be a part of future beta testing or to be notified of a future WebOS application, please contact audiblewireless@audible.com"
    Last edited by ahitz; 11/02/2010 at 09:30 AM.
  14.    #14  
    I have e-mailed amazon multiple times, I have a feeling netflix and Kindle will come with Tablet in Jan. so not too worried.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Seems like they are must haves like Facebook and Twitter
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    Is it actually possible on 1.4.5 for a Netflix app to surface that provides the ability to stream in Netflix movies? Any devs willing to take on that task? I would gladly pay 15 bucks for such a thing and I know I am not the only one!
    We need a good e-reader. No offense to the ones we already have. And Netflix isn't a big deal yet because our devices aren't so great for streaming movies. But soon they will need to catch up (and get ahead)...

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Netflix on iOS: no brainer, huge install base
    Netflix on Android: no brainer, rapidly growing install base and awesome movie-viewing hardware
    Netflix on WP7: no brainer. They already use Silverlight, so it was likely easy to build this one, and

Netflix on webOS: tiny screens, no install base. Doesn't make sense for them to bother ... yet.
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ahitz View Post
    Netflix on iOS: no brainer, huge install base
    Netflix on Android: no brainer, rapidly growing install base and awesome movie-viewing hardware
    Netflix on WP7: no brainer. They already use Silverlight, so it was likely easy to build this one, and

Netflix on webOS: tiny screens, no install base. Doesn't make sense for them to bother ... yet.
    Well I already have a Netflix subscription but I am hardly ever home, it would be cool especially to quiet my kids down in the back seat... I suppose I could always just use the mobil hotspot and my laptop
    I don't need Netflix, but the Kindle app is probably the one thing that I really do see as a flaw in webOS. HP needs to get with Amazon and make it happen. I prefer reading on my Kindle, but I don't always want to carry it around with me.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast