Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LHKJohn View Post
    I think the reason BB people like BBM so much is that it's exclusive to them. KIK, Pingchat, etc. kind of takes the purpose away from that and basically turns it into a mobile IM client, which is already pretty much available to all of us. I wanted pingchat pretty badly when it first came out, but after using it on my wife's Droid, I really didn't care whether I had it or not.

Now, the only reason I really want these apps to come to our platform is to attract the users that currently use them.
    What IM client lets you see when people READ your IM (not just received) or group chat?

For some people, they love this feature....others don't. But people acting like this is the same as AOL/GChat or Texting is silly.

Blackberry users like BBM because its very useful...again, people tend to knock features they don't have....i had a blackberry and while i don't miss it enough to get another one, BBM is much easier tool for messaging someone.
    Personally KiK are just an unneccessary app. supposebly it just lets the other person know if you read the message or not (omg they saw the text and hasn't responding... am I being ignored????)
    I downloaded KIK on my blackberry and I don't see what's so special about it! You can't even send pictures or have a display picture! Sending messages isn't very fast. I like BBM way better! Alot of people have unlim texting so text them!
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    I downloaded KIK on my blackberry and I don't see what's so special about it! You can't even send pictures or have a display picture! Sending messages isn't very fast. I like BBM way better! Alot of people have unlim texting so text them!
    A lot but not everyone, and texting is just so...outmoded. For those of us that don't have BBM, KIK is the next best thing.
    I've emailed 3 times left at least 5 messages on twitter, more on facebook and still no response! It's almost like they are ignoring webOS on purpose!
    i REALLY hope this comes to webOS, this really needs a campaign. it's taking off like crazy...
    send out message on kik web site, trying to find out if software is coming soon
    kik looking into software for webos, maybe soon on web 2.0
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgangcc View Post
    kik looking into software for webos, maybe soon on web 2.0
    I bet that's it. Waiting for 2.0.
    i emailed them.it wont hurt to ask and make them aware of our OS.i am confused as to why some people would not want extra apps for webOS,if it isnt for you it may benefit someone else guys.Its always better to have more apps than to not have many at all
    I emailed them too. No reply....
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterMode View Post
    Personally KiK are just an unneccessary app. supposebly it just lets the other person know if you read the message or not (omg they saw the text and hasn't responding... am I being ignored????)
    Hahahahaha! I had to laugh at the last line because of course I've done that, along with so many other people.
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenjo2009 View Post
    i emailed them.it wont hurt to ask and make them aware of our OS.i am confused as to why some people would not want extra apps for webOS,if it isnt for you it may benefit someone else guys.Its always better to have more apps than to not have many at all
    Well, of course I want more apps and attention to webOS. That's why I constantly flood these Devs Twitter pages with the whole "what about webOS?" thing whenever something new pops up, even if I don't care for it. But after being totally underwhelmed with Pingchat, and now Kik on my wife's Droid... Ugh... I really don't see what all the hype is about, except that we don't have it.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    Exhaust the body, Proceed the mind, Cultivate the spirit
    Submitted a request via their website. Everyone should do it.

To those asking what's so special about Kik when there is free/cheap SMS available - I have lots of friends located all over the world. Texting with them via SMS would cost me a fortune, especially when I am traveling myself. Kik solves that problem.
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    Has anyone got a response? I emailed them from the website and got a automated email.

Also sent a twitter msg and no reply.

Anyone else hear back?
    I sent them an email a few days ago and haven't heard anything. They aren't too good at replying back to emails or messages it seems. I mean I know they get loads of them daily, but they could at least throw us a bone..
    Is it just me, or is there really no use for this app? Anyone want to fill me in as to why this is better than using an IM client, Texting, or Skype on your phone? Kik has less users than IM clients and is limited to mobile phones only.
    If you are interested in seeing this app on webOS e-mail the devs. I just did and reminded them there are 2.6 million potential webOS customers out there. I also reminded them how easy it is to port iOS apps to webOS.

Let's see if I get a reply. If they release a Windows Phone 7 version before a webOS version I will be ****ed since webOS currently has a bigger market share.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    This is the response I got on twitter on 11/5

kik

@rblack - With continued success we hope to expand to provide our services to everyone! We're just a small company now - not enuf manpower!

I wrote back asking if they have APIs, never heard back.
    Just read on Engadget how RIM pulled Kik, though they say it's because of privacy concerns not because it could defeat the purpose of BBM. Apparently it goes through your email, not your contacts, and recommends who you should add on Kik... Do we really want an app that mines through your information?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast