Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 89
  1. #41  
    <threads merged>
  2. #42  
    Everybody else go it worldwide ( android, ios, bb, etc ) but not us.. this is soo sadd lol
  3. #43  
    how do you say so sad and then lol at the end?

    A more productive use of your time would be to email the developer so they know there is demand from webos users for an app.

    http://www.kik.com/contact.php
  4. #44  
    And we are surprised by this?
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  5. #45  
    Yeah...I wanted Kik too lol.........
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

    http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191
  6. #46  
    <yet more threads about this merged>
  7. #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    And we are surprised by this?
    Does anyone have patience anymore? Palm webOS is now only 14 months old. HP has just come on board, and people think apps like this are going to be on this platform instantly because the other platforms (that have been around for years) have them. Patience people.. patience.
  8. #48  
    seems like over night everyone has KiK? Emailed, tweeted, and wrote them a message on facebook. As always we need to show our interest. I see webOS requsts here and there on fb for KiK, but they need to see more!
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 11/06/2010 at 12:09 AM. Reason: deleted acronym - language filter
  9. #49  
    I've poked around on the kik web site, but I still am at a loss --what is the huge appeal to this? Yet another IM service, but unlike the wonderful ones supported by webOS right in the OS, it's limited to phones only?

    They talk about how it's cool that it has delivery receipts.. as does any IM service, if the message got sent, it was received.

    I'm not trying to dismiss the product at all, I'm just trying to understand the point?
  10. #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by suburban_war View Post
    I've poked around on the kik web site, but I still am at a loss --what is the huge appeal to this? Yet another IM service, but unlike the wonderful ones supported by webOS right in the OS, it's limited to phones only?

    They talk about how it's cool that it has delivery receipts.. as does any IM service, if the message got sent, it was received.

    I'm not trying to dismiss the product at all, I'm just trying to understand the point?
    Like previously stated, it's basically a BBM type program but for "all" smartphone OSes. So an iPhone user can IM an Android user friend like it's BBM.

    That's it, nothing special about it except that marketers will be all over it because the popularity of this things has spiked very high, very quickly.
    I am, therefore I think
  11. mrtonk's Avatar
    Posts
    212 Posts
    Global Posts
    561 Global Posts
    #51  
    Do we really need another Messenger?
  12. mrtonk's Avatar
    Posts
    212 Posts
    Global Posts
    561 Global Posts
    #52  
    Wait, it's cross-platform and mobile only? Awesome...I hope we get it.

    Wait, isn't that called "texting"?
  13. #53  
    This seems like something that would be better if handled by HP/Palm. It's one of those apps that would be sweet if implemented within the messaging app...
  14. #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrtonk View Post
    ...Wait, isn't that called "texting"?
    Or Google-Chat? or Yahoo Messenger? or AIM?
  15. #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by Yickyaddy View Post
    Like someone just asked me if I had kik. I didn't even know what it was. Come to find out it's a messenger like bbm but for Iphone, Android, and bb users. So
    why not webOS users???
    lol, Is it better/faster than sms?
  16. elslunko's Avatar
    Posts
    95 Posts
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    #56  
    Whatever reason the masses decide to pick something up is irrelevant. The point is the masses have picked it up and so it has potential to become a standard.
  17. #57  
    Messaging solutions on webOS (Google Talk, AIM, Yahoo) are (1) better integrated, (2) more economical in terms of resources and user interaction (3) not mobile specific, so you can continue your mobile communications on your desktop (4) cross platform (AndyOS, iOS, wP7?, BBM, Symbian, Meego?), PC, Mac...
    so, they are cross platform both vertically across different classes of operating systems and horizontally across different mobile operating sysems.

    Apps like Kik just create a lot of buzz, and while it does have unique features, the buzz greatly exagerates the utility of the those features.

    Before Kik there was "WhatApp" and before that "Ping". I think at the end of the day, the buzz fades and larger companies like Google and Yahoo or some other entity eats them up or creates something more compelling (say a mobile incarnation of google wave).

    I much prefer the integrated Synergy approach that webOS offers.

    Speaking of which, apps like this Kik can "potentially" benefit from the new Synergy messaging api in webOS 2 with less development efforts. For instance, there would be minimal need for UI dev.





    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
  18. LHKJohn's Avatar
    Posts
    106 Posts
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    #58  
    Another revolutionary messenger? AIM has been doin it forever, and as far as I know is available on all platforms. I'm all for having more of these options like the next guy, but something tells me that i'll always fall back on good old AIM or Google talk. Don't worry guys, I have a sneaky suspicion that we are gonna be flooded with more messenger apps than we know what to do with in the very near future.
    Exhaust the body, Proceed the mind, Cultivate the spirit
  19. #59  
    Ok i am not a kik fan eithre..

    But it does have features you can't find with texting or mobile IM clients currently.

    Its the most similar client to BBM yet....and blackberry people love BBM.


    SO lets not just all down play it.
  20. LHKJohn's Avatar
    Posts
    106 Posts
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain Mantis View Post
    Ok i am not a kik fan eithre..

    But it does have features you can't find with texting or mobile IM clients currently.

    Its the most similar client to BBM yet....and blackberry people love BBM.


    SO lets not just all down play it.
    I think the reason BB people like BBM so much is that it's exclusive to them. KIK, Pingchat, etc. kind of takes the purpose away from that and basically turns it into a mobile IM client, which is already pretty much available to all of us. I wanted pingchat pretty badly when it first came out, but after using it on my wife's Droid, I really didn't care whether I had it or not.

    Now, the only reason I really want these apps to come to our platform is to attract the users that currently use them.
    Exhaust the body, Proceed the mind, Cultivate the spirit
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions