View Poll Results: Which media syncing/uploading software do you prefer?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • File Sync

4 15.38%
  • WiFi Media Sync (w/ 2-Way Sync)

21 80.77%
  • Other

2 7.69%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Let us know what you find with FileSync. I'm still waiting to purchase either of these products. Seems like both developers have updated their original release, but FileSync seems like it would have an edge on being able to upload/download/browse files on a pc (vs sync everything). I would imagine it would be nice for end users to just upload photos/videos from their webOS device (kind of like what an EyeFi card allows). and then delete them on their device.

Greg, please give us some feedback on your findings/use of FileSync.
    I bought this app a long time ago and couldn't get it to work for whatever reason. I just had a new HD installed and they put on Windows Vista64 instead of the 32 that I used to have. I got it working first try in about 15 minutes. It says something about needing MicrosoftNET3.5 for it to work, I went to download it and it said v4.0 was available so I just downloaded that. It works with that (obviously). I used HelloNNNeuman's advice with the 2 folders on the desktop. Good app, worth the money.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Quote Originally Posted by visigothwarrior View Post
    Let us know what you find with FileSync. I'm still waiting to purchase either of these products. Seems like both developers have updated their original release, but FileSync seems like it would have an edge on being able to upload/download/browse files on a pc (vs sync everything). I would imagine it would be nice for end users to just upload photos/videos from their webOS device (kind of like what an EyeFi card allows). and then delete them on their device.

Greg, please give us some feedback on your findings/use of FileSync.

So I got it up and running and File Sync is a far better app at the moment. I'm sure wifi media sync will catch up at some point. but the extra 2$ is well worth it and I'm cheap when it comes to spending money on apps.

The ability to search your whole computer as if you were using your desktop to find any file is amazing.

I search for an album folder that I want and just select all and boom, I have the album on my Pre and ready to go in less then 2 minutes. it would take me a day to do that on Wifi sync.

You also have your shared folders, which you would use as your favorites kinda thing.

The UI is really easy and fast, Wifi Media sync seems crowded and you really can only see 5 files at a time.

Honestly, Think of File Sync like Internalz. very simple like that.

This is now my number 1 app that every user Pre user should have.

Pros
    - Fast UI and list rendering
    - Ability to Explore your computer and every file you have
    - Easy setup, 10 minutes. Turn off firewall to make sure it works first then go from there
    - Ability to move, Copy, Delete files on your computer from Phone.
    - Multiple uploads at once

Cons
    - Need a Pageup, Pagedown, and top of page buttons or Home key throughout.
    - Ability to view thumbnails of Photo's, unless you name each photo you will never find the right one.
    - can't stream songs, can't preview songs, 10second clip would be nice feature
    - Can not select Photo's for upload in thumbnail view for quick select. You must attach one file at a time then when ready hit upload.
    Last edited by Greg Mair; 12/18/2010 at 09:04 PM.
    File Sync . 8/10

WFMS I give 6/10

I think the poll is wrong by far.

would anyone be interested in a video review?.
    Somewhat of a newbie in the WiFi sync circles but I have been using Syncables' version 7 product for BlackBerry to sync my folders and things between my Macs and my phone. It has a WiFi sync option that is really easy to use, which is very important to me. However, I am not too familiar with 'file sync', have only been using Syncables' WiFi sync feature for a couple months!
    Will either app allow you to sync an entire folder without having to select each file/pic individually?
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Use Dropboxify or ZumoDrive. Easy to set up and you can sync from anywhere: not just on your home WiFi network.
    I haven't found a way to wirelessly snyc a folder on my Pre with my desktop using Dropboxify. Is this possible or is ZumoDrive required?
    Can't seem to sync a folder with ZumoDrive either. If someone could post the proper steps to sync a Pre's folder using any of the aforementioned apps, I'd greatly appreciate it.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12