1.    #1  
    With the upcoming loss of Classic due to the WebOS 2.0 I am losing 2 apps that I use everyday for work. A lot of pilots use Palm phones (I have a Pixi so Pixi support is a must) that use a program called APDL. The dev for APDL seems to have very little interest in converting APDL to WebOS. With that being said can any devs out there please make a professional pilot logbook. If anyone has any questions as to what kind of stuff needs to be included I would be more than happy to help.
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    I did a lot of the beta testing for Paul Auman when he first made APDL. Most of my friends still call me before trying to get help from Logbook Pro. I wish I knew what it would take to code APDL for WebOS. Until then, I'm stuck using 1.4.5.
    I see that there is an iPhone version. Maybe the author is not aware of the reputed ease with which iPhone programs can be converted to webOS.
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    There hasn't been much interest in the past, but seeing that porting apps is much easier now, it would sure be nice. Although I wonder how hard it would be to export or synch with logbook pro.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by TimBoch View Post
    There hasn't been much interest in the past, but seeing that porting apps is much easier now, it would sure be nice. Although I wonder how hard it would be to export or synch with logbook pro.
    To be honest I still use a paper logbook at home so no need for export function so that doesn't matter to me. However I'd say that most would settle for a bare bones (IE no schedule importer or logbook exporter) for a transition period until those details get ironed out. For me the two most useful things are 1. The extra set of "eyes" on CBA and FAA issues, and 2. The fact that since I always have my phone on me I always know my schedule. (my company just switched to a version of crewtrac that does not work with the browser in WebOS.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    I see that there is an iPhone version. Maybe the author is not aware of the reputed ease with which iPhone programs can be converted to webOS.
    Is it easier to convert from iphone to webOS than from Palm OS to webOS?

Also how hard would it be for someone with no programming experience (except for visual basic like 12 yrs ago in high school) to write something like this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Great Cornholio View Post
    Is it easier to convert from iphone to webOS than from Palm OS to webOS?

Also how hard would it be for someone with no programming experience (except for visual basic like 12 yrs ago in high school) to write something like this?
    I don't know the definitive answer, but I would imagine it would be much harder because at least iOS and webOS have a Unix origin and Palm have facilitated the iphone to webOS process.

From the description of the progam you would want a a lot of spare time, although being familiar with the functions that you are trying to acheive would be a big advantage. Are there a just few functions that would constitute a useful program?