Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Now that webOS 2.0 no longer supports Classic, I need to find a replacement for SplashMoney. This was the only app left which I using in Classic and sync'ing by WiFi to the desktop. All my accounts, expenses, etc... are in SplashMoney and I love it.

Anyone have any ideas of apps that have the same functionality as SplashMoney with a desktop companion for WebOS.

Sadly, I think I already know the answer to this question....
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Bump....anyone?
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    I was an avid user of Ultrasoft Money

There are three money management softwares for webOS that I know of: Checkbook, Dough and ClearCheckbook. None sync via a desktop client software. ClearCheckbook keeps your data in the cloud and has a website to add transactions as well as the client. I didn't like that. I use Checkbook, and it works pretty well for me. Features like Recurring payments are in the works, which is why i bought it. What I miss is the ability to use Money to "Balance" once a month. Checkbook exports to Google Docs and I match that against my statements and clear them in the checkbook app. Dough is alot like Checkbook, but you can't create subcategories. And all aren't as full featured as splashmoney or Ultrasoft Money, but there are more features coming.

I know that splashdata manufactures other apps for webOS. And makes SplashMoney for iPhone. I just posted a request on their facebook site to port it to webOS. Others should too! An app like that would really benefit the webOS family.

Hope this helps!
    Splashmoney was one of those things from Classic that I really liked too. It synched all my transactions from my bank to my phone. Too bad there is no other like it for WebOS.
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    The developer of Checkbook has been making improvements. I look forward to seeing what he comes up with and hope for a way to replace Pocket Quicken through Classic. Until then, I think I'm stuck with 1.4.5 because I need Pocket Quicken and Airline Pilots Daily Logbook and a few others.
    Tim Boche

Palm IIIe, IIIx, IIIxe, IIIc, ClieT615, ClieTJ25, ClieTJ37(2), Treo600, Treo650, Centro(AT&T & Verizon),
    Pre Plus(6 replacements), TouchPads(1-16gb,2-32gb), Pre2 (and a spare)
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Thanks a lot guys! I appreciate the recommendations and, unfortunately, the confirmation that there really is nothing like SplashMoney available for webOS. I have my doubts as to whether SplashData will port this app over to webOS. They have done precious little with SplashID in the sync'ing department and we've seen very little development from them in regards to webOS.

Maybe once HP/Palm makes a splash (pun intended) at CES 2011, SplashData will strengthen its commitment towards webOS. Until then, here's to hoping that someone comes up with a mobile/desktop app as feature rich as SplashMoney.