Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Will gvoice work on my pre if I don't have like...service on it..?
    I just signed up using my student email so I should get accepted soon enough.
    Last I checked I thought everyone gets google voice right away now, no sign up is needed. I don't understand your first question
  3.    #3  
    I recently cut the line on my sprint pre, no calls no text.
    I read that there is a new gvoice app commin out, it's in beta now.

will I be able to use gvoice on my pre? Even tho there's no line going to it?

I don't know very much about gvoice...
    If you use wifi you'll still be able to use gvoice.
    Sprint Love
  5.    #5  
    ok so I'm on step 3: add a forwarding phone...
    should I put my disabled cell phone number in here? Ooorrr.....
    To call people, I believe you'll still need service. Google has to call you and it then calls the other person using your google voice number.
    Sprint Love
  7.    #7  
    ok...thanx a lot.
    I guess I'll be able to send unlimited text tho..so that's cool
    You still need phone serve and mintues to use google voice. There is no real google voice app for the Pre, unlike on the iphone and android. You can text people from gv but via web and you need wifi
    umm where is there a new Google Voice app coming out for the Pre? It's in beta? By whom?

I just looked on GDIAL's website (best one I thought that was around), and the he posted Monday saying that WebOS 2.0 still couldn't meet the requirements for what was needed to make GVOICE work properly.
    Quote Originally Posted by xwhizx View Post
    umm where is there a new Google Voice app coming out for the Pre? It's in beta? By whom?

I just looked on GDIAL's website (best one I thought that was around), and the he posted Monday saying that WebOS 2.0 still couldn't meet the requirements for what was needed to make GVOICE work properly.
    Check webosroundup. There's a new one on the horizon.
    Found the site. Very nice. Using his on server for the app worries me, but something is better than nothing.
  12.    #12  
    so never will i ever be able to send or recieve calls on my no service having palm pre with google voice?
    Quote Originally Posted by LunaticX View Post
    so never will i ever be able to send or recieve calls on my no service having palm pre with google voice?
    Correct. You still need a phone with service to receive the calls. Google simply gives you an ultra-portable phone number, and routes calls to whatever phone you want.
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    Connor said he hopes to have Voogle submitted to the app catalog by this thursday...
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    Looks like it's been submitted to the app catalog (link, twitter). Very excited to see it. A usable google voice experience has been my #1 WebOS wish for a while now.
    Woot all the sudden the google voice web portal through the phone is working for me! To note, I COULD NEVER get it to work for such as making calls nor see the VMs till now all the sudden. Yes I know it was always there but just know I wants to work for me.

I still cannot do things like auto setup VM to google voice, MMS, nor audio VMs but thats were Voogle comes in to which I got tis morning. (His MMS is comming soon). So was I the only one having this issue?
    Last edited by addiarmadar; 11/19/2010 at 11:09 AM. Reason: Fine......
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    That's a web app, not native, and it's been that way since google released their mobile web page IIRC.
    Yeah but i could never get it to work till now, always said it could not make the call nor get the voicemails. Im just stoked its working. Yeah using the word native was wrong choice but meant to say without the need for external influence to the device.
    Last edited by addiarmadar; 11/19/2010 at 11:08 AM.

LOL... Exactly what dbodner said. The web page has always worked. A native app would be an app actually packaged with webOS specifically for this service - a website isn't it

edit.. You posted while I was typing
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    LOL... Exactly what dbodner said. The web page has always worked. A native app would be an app actually packaged with webOS specifically for this service - a website isn't it

edit.. You posted while I was typing
    Fine I edited it to mean what I wanted to say. Just was stoked today that without influence it started to work before I installed Voogle.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast