Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    the problem with online is having a good data connection. In rural Wisconsin and inside hospitals or clinics, often I have no data connection, or even a phone connection with Sprint. I really need more reliability than that, and can't wait for sluggish web pages when the connection is there, but poor.

The Online Epocrates is good with a good connection, and does work well in the hospital, and has the formulary (insurance) information. It is just less good in clinic with "thin client" POS computers that we have in exam rooms, that barely handle the EMR and in my Monday outreach clinic, the internet is locked down due to paranoia, apparently.
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    With the impending demise of Classic/Epocrates Essentials, I just used my upgrade and got a Samsung Epic. Considered the Verizon Droid2, but read about people dropping it the 1st day and glass shattering.... I've dropped my Pre at least a half-dozen times, and it just keeps soldiering on with it's plastic screen! So the Epic with a plastic screen should arrive within 5 days. Bleah. But, if I don't like it in the next 30 days, I can send it back, and reactivate Ol' Faithful. And, early term on Sprint is only $200 and pro-rated - way better than Verizon's term fees if they didn't work out. This way I can still buy a next-gen Palm superphone on Verizon if Epocrates gets back on board, and not be out too much...
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    online.epocrates.com works fairly well on the pre's browser...may have to suffice until webOS' marketshare increases to epocrates' wishes...
    Does Epocrates Online have a "mobile-friendly" version? The link I use is very difficult to read on the Pre, and loads rather slowly.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    unfortunately not. I find Epoc Online unusable in clinic.
    That's unfortunate.....
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    yes! There certainly is a mobile version.
    online.epocrates.com

works well on the pre's browser.
    It's unfortunate to lose another good developer....

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    yes! There certainly is a mobile version.
    online.epocrates.com

works well on the pre's browser.
    Not bad, but you do have to sign in. And I do miss my Compendica Psychiatry.

I'm not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes because I know I'm not dumb... and I also know that I'm not blonde. Dolly Parton
    The website is no replacement for the app. Too slow and is dependent on wifi/3G signal.
    Epocrates CME app is now out for the iPhone. Sigh.
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    I just don't understand some business decisions... stick a co-op student in the corner of a closet and tell him to start working on a WebOS port.. some company called HP? bought out Palm..

What are some managers thinking? are they serious? i understand resources have to go into making a program from scratch, but does no one see what HP is capable of in marketing? and in hardware? are these managers blind? I think WebOS is SMALL risk with Even Greater gains in $$$ it's a simple decision for me especially if i have some cash flow to begin with.
  12. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by antonio3 View Post
    I just don't understand some business decisions... stick a co-op student in the corner of a closet and tell him to start working on a WebOS port.. some company called HP? bought out Palm..

What are some managers thinking? are they serious? i understand resources have to go into making a program from scratch, but does no one see what HP is capable of in marketing? and in hardware? are these managers blind? I think WebOS is SMALL risk with Even Greater gains in $$$ it's a simple decision for me especially if i have some cash flow to begin with.
    Well clearly, Epocrates have hard figures on which to base their decision - and the current direction indicates that there are simply not enough users to make this worth their time. If WebOS ever because a successful OS, I'm sure they (and other developers) would reconsider.
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    Well clearly, Epocrates have hard figures on which to base their decision - and the current direction indicates that there are simply not enough users to make this worth their time. If WebOS ever because a successful OS, I'm sure they (and other developers) would reconsider.
    If WebOS becomes successful, they'll develop programs. But it won't become successful without programs. Catch 22!

I'm not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes because I know I'm not dumb... and I also know that I'm not blonde. Dolly Parton
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    After reading through this thread I e-mailed Epocrates support about WebOS and below is the their reply and my question to them. It seems to go against what others have posted here about Epocrates. I've been using Epocrates for many years as an EMT both paid and free versions going bact to a Palm IIIe. I hope their response true.

Discussion Thread
    Response (David McEntee) 11/02/2010 03:35 PM
    Good day Mr. ,

Thank you for contacting Epocrates.

We are currently developing the next version of Epocrates Rx for the Palm webOS platform which includes formularies and the ability to update your product with the latest clinical updates and DocAlerts. As new information becomes available we will post updates to our website at PDA Medical Software. Medical & drug software for iPhone, iPod touch, BlackBerry, Palm & Windows PDAs

Please let us know if you require further assistance.

NEW! Access drug and disease information online with the Epocrates(r)
    Online free web-based reference.
    Search Now https://online.epocrates.com/home

Customer ( ) 11/01/2010 03:28 AM
    I am inquiring as to the future of Epocrates on WebOS devices. I currently use a Palm Pre as my primary phone and would like to continue to do so with Epocrates. I have been a user of Eprocrates for many years now in the EMS field going back to a Palm III. Please continue to support the Palm community with the great product of Epocrates.

Thank you,
    , EMT
    Last edited by sczajka; 11/10/2010 at 02:42 AM.
    Stop the presses!

REALLY?

This would be fantastic!
    problem is, if you look up a few messages, I posted my online chat with epocrates. I was given the same exact response, word for word, that was given to you via email...and then during the same chat the rep said they are waiting to see the demand and evaluating webOS in the market. Which didn't sound too promising.

hopefully someone at hp has gotten hold of this news and encourages epocrates to follow through with their updates.
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    I got that exact same response from Epocrates last summer, about the "coming soon".

I would hope it's real. Unfortunately, here is the answer I got a few days ago, including the entire thread.

==========================

WebOS Feedback [Incident: 101023-000128]
    "Support@epocrates.com" <Support@epocrates.com>
    View Contact
    To: db-------@yahoo.com

Thank you for your recent inquiry to the dedicated Epocrates support team. Below is a summary of your inquiry and our recommended solution.

If the issue remains unresolved, please update your inquiry within the next 5 days or we will assume the issue has been rectified.

Thank you, Epocrates Customer and Technical Support.

You may update your inquiry by replying to this email. Your reply will be automatically recorded in our database, so it is *very* important that you enter your response *only* in the space below, or it may not process.

[~~~> Please place Your Response below this line: <~~~]

[~~~> Please enter Your Response above this line. <~~~]

You may also click here to update your incident.

Subject
    WebOS Feedback

Discussion Thread
    Response (David) 11/08/2010 07:35 AM
    Good day,

Thank you for contacting Epocrates.

The WebOS platform is not a platform we will be developing for moving forward. We may release an updating version and take it out of beta, but that may not be for quite some time.

Please let us know how we may assist you in the future.

Customer (DAVID JARVIS) 11/07/2010 12:14 AM
    I wouldn't really classify the issue as "resolved" until you release updates for the WebOS beta version of Epocrates, or answer the topic of updates for the beta Epocrates on WebOS. Your answer was not really an answer, but a punt. I hope your doctor answers your questions better than that!

Response (David) 10/28/2010 05:40 PM
    Good Day Dr. Jarvis,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback regarding Epocrates.

I have forwarded your suggestion on to our Product Development team for consideration.

Please let us know if you have any additional feedback or suggestions.

Customer (DAVID JARVIS) 10/23/2010 09:25 AM
    Loving the beta ease of use, but missing updates and ability to tap within drug to wt based dosing calcuulator with dosing info on top.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre
    Auto-Response 10/23/2010 09:25 AM
    Thank you for writing to Epocrates Suggestion Box. Your comments will be forwarded for review to the appropriate department.

If you require assistance, please use the following contact information:
    * For information about Epocrates products or if you have technical issues, please refer to our website at PDA Medical Software. Medical & drug software for iPhone, iPod touch, BlackBerry, Palm & Windows PDAs to view product and technical information and to contact support. You may also email us at: support@epocrates.com.

* If you need to change your user profile information (including email address, credit card information, or opt ins for email correspondence), please visit our website at PDA Medical Software. Medical & drug software for iPhone, iPod touch, BlackBerry, Palm & Windows PDAs and click on "My Account".

* If you have forgotten your username and password, please visit: https://www.epocrates.com/forgotPassword.do

* If you subscribe to one of Epocrates premium products, complimentary phone support is available with your subscription. Please refer to the confirmation email message you received after subscribing for further information.

* For comments, suggestions, and questions regarding the clinical content in our products (such as drug information), please email clinical@epocrates.com.

* For questions about the Epocrates Honors Program, email: honorssupport@epocrates.com.

* To contact our formulary team about adding a particular formulary, please email formularyfeedback@epocrates.com.

Thank you for your interest in Epocrates.
    Sincerely,
    The Epocrates Team

Epocrates Essentials
    The all-in-one mobile guide to drugs, diseases and diagnostics

Epocrates Guarantee Epocrates, Inc., 1100 Park Place, Suite 300, San Mateo, CA 94403 | PDA Medical Software. Medical & drug software for iPhone, iPod touch, BlackBerry, Palm & Windows PDAs
    sigh...time to take out my old palm OS or windows mobile device just for clinic?
    The response you got on 11-8 is the same response I got when I asked about it during the summer. I think we're up that well-known creek.

Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Seems like Epocrates uses the same people the wireless providers use to answer our questions, different answer on a different day. Let's hope that they get this one right and develop for WebOS. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast