Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Didn't find it in a search, so apologize in advance if this has been discussed. A very popular app on the iPhone & now on Droid is HeyTell. It is a social networking app that is also similar to a walkie talkie & instant just like a text.

Allows you to contact any of your contacts, stores the voicemail/discussions for playback later, works on speaker or through headset, & maps location. I am probably simplifying, but looks very useful & would be amazing on webOS, IMO, due to 1) our notifications system & 2) due to our swipe delete system as a minimum.

I don't know how to ask the developer if he is developing for webOS because I couldn't find a website or contact information. I guess I can go to their facebook or twitter page.

I was wondering if others had used the app or new if it was coming to webOS. Here is a video of it in action on an iPhone:

Thanks.
    interesting app, I would just call a person if I want to talk. Or I would IM/SMS them, this app would need webOS 2.0 so you will have to wait
    Yeah, as of now, there is no regular access for developers to the Microphone to make something like this.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by abegee View Post
    interesting app, I would just call a person if I want to talk. Or I would IM/SMS them, this app would need webOS 2.0 so you will have to wait
    Since texting has been outlawed in many states while driving, this is another option. It also maintains the running conversation if you want. Phone calls don't keep the conversation if you need it & easier than typing a text. For free, I think it would be a great app.
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    Yeah, as of now, there is no regular access for developers to the Microphone to make something like this.
    Thanks. I had forgotten that.
    wonder if the law would be applied to apps like this
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by abegee View Post
    wonder if the law would be applied to apps like this
    I am not sure, but I think this app only works w/others that have the app, making them consenting to the recorded conversations. BUT, I am no lawyer.

Also, it has been available all the way back to the 2nd generation iPhone so it has been around a while. I think it is new to Android, my nephew downloaded it last night but we couldn't use it since I don't have it...on our Pre.
    This is an amazing app. It works both on andorid and iOS right now and they both can communicate with each other. It's a really nice tool to use while dricing instead of havin to send text..you just hold a button and say what you want to say. It's directed towards short conversations and it's well done too. You are able to replay those messages by the other person. If this were to be possible in WebOs it had to be 2.0. Let's see how things go. Let's start looking for the developer to see if he can try to do the app for WebOs
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    +1
    Its a fun app. Kinda have to try it to understand this "walkie talkie" method of voice communication. And you can save recordings. I like that its cross platform.
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here