1.    #1  
    Mr Official Classic, can you drop any hints about what Classic will be able to do in the now-arriving world of 2.0?
    I'm also interested in knowing whether it loads faster on the Pre 2 . . .
    With the release of Palm webOS 2.0 MotionApps will no longer sell or support future versions of Classic.

We have decided to hand the entire source code and all accompanying IP over to Palm so Palm can assume full control of Classic's future life and shape.
    We will, of course, continue to support existing Classic customers on webOS 1.x for the immediate future.

You can read more on our blog.
    Follow us on Twitter

Hang out with us on Facebook

Stay Tuned with news and updates on our blog
    Quote Originally Posted by Classic by MotionApps View Post
    With the release of Palm webOS 2.0 MotionApps will no longer sell or support future versions of Classic.

We have decided to hand the entire source code and all accompanying IP over to Palm so Palm can assume full control of Classic's future life and shape.
    We will, of course, continue to support existing Classic customers on webOS 1.x for the immediate future.

You can read more on our blog.
    So am I correct to understand that if I already have and use Classic, it will stop working whenever my current phone updates to 2.0?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    So am I correct to understand that if I already have and use Classic, it will stop working whenever my current phone updates to 2.0?
    One would think that...
    you are correct, sir

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    Check the P|C front page article... sorry to see this happen
    Although this is the "Official" Classic thread, check out this "unofficial" one to keep Classic working after you upgrade to webOS 2.0 or if you upgrade to a Pre 2:
    http://forums.precentral.net/general...2-0-above.html
    For what it's worth, I stopped using Classic two months ago in anticipation of this. I had been a dedicated and heavy user of DateBk5 and 6 for years. I now use Google Calendar which syncs to native calendar, Done! which syncs to Toodledo.com, and Noted! which syncs to Simplenote. The transition was way better than I thought and, having made the switch to having more stuff in the cloud, I've been surprisingly pleased.

I liked the ability to run DateBk6 in Classic, but since I stopped using it, my Pre hasn't crashed at all and I think it runs a bit faster.
    This is a sad thing.

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmitri View Post
    For what it's worth, I stopped using Classic two months ago in anticipation of this. I had been a dedicated and heavy user of DateBk5 and 6 for years. I now use Google Calendar which syncs to native calendar, Done! which syncs to Toodledo.com, and Noted! which syncs to Simplenote. The transition was way better than I thought and, having made the switch to having more stuff in the cloud, I've been surprisingly pleased.

I liked the ability to run DateBk6 in Classic, but since I stopped using it, my Pre hasn't crashed at all and I think it runs a bit faster.
    How did you setup synch with Google calendar? I have the account in my Pre Plus calendar app and an account on Google, but after I synch, events on my Pre do not appear in Google and events on Google do not appear on the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by thornev View Post
    How did you setup synch with Google calendar? I have the account in my Pre Plus calendar app and an account on Google, but after I synch, events on my Pre do not appear in Google and events on Google do not appear on the Pre.
    I'm sorry; I'm not sure what to tell you here. I set up my Google account, transferred everything to it, and then went through the usual procedure on the Pre of configuring the account settings.
    This announcement is the suck. I, like many suckers, paid out $30.00 for classic. That's a lot of bones for a mobile app and I feel a bit burned that they are ditching support for it.
    If anyone knows more about MotionApps and the developers behind the project then please put anything you know in this thread to warn future app purchasers of expensive products that have such limited shelf lives.