Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Looks like 1.4.0 just rolled out. No one is talking about it yet? I don't see too much, can open multiple cards now...
    New card, shake to reload in prefs.

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    don't think too many ppl noticed yet..still cought up in the webos 2.0 and neg gen pre stuff
    Link plz
    Facebook (Beta Client)

*Update: The 1.4 update includes support for having multiple Facebook cards open at once, allowing you to truly multi-task your Facebook experience. The Facebook for WebOS application makes it easy to stay connected with your friends. With the application you can share status updates, upload and tag photos, check out your News Feed, browse your friends photo album and profiles, receive webOS notifications, and get your upcoming events and check on your messages inbox wherever you are. The app also integrates with other aspects of Palm webOS and Synergy, so you can instantly view Facebook info in your Contacts app, use the Photo app to upload directly to Facebook, or update your status message through Just Type.

Palm USA | Palm webOS Applications | Mobile apps that go further.

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    I wonder if this beta fixes the notifications opening in browser problems that have been happening for everyone...
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenX View Post
    I wonder if this beta fixes the notifications opening in browser problems that have been happening for everyone...
    Good call... haven't had any notifications yet...

Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Butters3605 View Post
    Good call... haven't had any notifications yet...
    It seems to have fixed the bugs, although "likes," on comments takes you to a "This photo can only be viewed in the browser," message, which is a bit strange.

Also, clicking on any notifications to do with photos opens that photo in a new Facebook app card now, which is handy if you have lots of comments to go through. Now we don't have to constantly swipe back and reload the notifications scene between every notification. Looks like this'll work nicely with Stacks in 2.0 as well!
    It seems to have fixed the bugs, although "likes," on comments takes you to a "This photo can only be viewed in the browser," message, which is a bit strange.
    Like on photos seems to be working here for me, can you duplicate it? I have gotten that message before while trying to browse/view photos, in the past.

Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Butters3605 View Post
    Like on photos seems to be working here for me, can you duplicate it? I have gotten that message before while trying to browse/view photos, in the past.
    Woops, I was wrong! I thought the like was in reference to a comment I left on a status, but taking a second look it was in fact relating to a comment on a photo, for which the user has messed up privacy settings therefore giving the open in browser error. My bad!
    I updated fb app but it still keeps poping up a message telling me there is an update available lol !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Just updated the beta client and had something strange happen. I clicked on a link in my feed and it brought up a Facebook page in the browser, then another Facebook app page popped up and it said there is an update available to the regular Facebook page. It asked me if I wanted to updated to 1.3.1 for the regular app. I clicked on it and nothing happened. Perhaps 1.3.1 is about to be released, it would make sense.
    that is a cool thanks for the find
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    I just found another new (I think) change. The messages scene has changed. You now don't type your reply in the same scene. Instead, there's a nice reply button which opens a new card for you to type out your reply like the email app.
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    After the update to 1.4 beta mine keeps telling me there's an update to 1.3.1! ***?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    I updated fb app but it still keeps poping up a message telling me there is an update available lol !
    Quote Originally Posted by rpankoe View Post
    After the update to 1.4 beta mine keeps telling me there's an update to 1.3.1! ***?
    Same here...
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    I just found another new (I think) change. The messages scene has changed. You now don't type your reply in the same scene. Instead, there's a nice reply button which opens a new card for you to type out your reply like the email app.
    Sounds new.
    Yah keep getting the update to 1.3.1 too, I even deleted every FB app I had previously installed, and just reinstalled the FB Beta 1.4 and it still nags me3 about the update.

Nokia (red phone) --> Denso TouchPoint TP2200 --> Samsung SPH-N400 --> (Palm VII) --> Sanyo 5150 --> Palm Treo 650 --> Palm Pre --> Sprint FrankenPre 2 --> (HP TouchPad)/(HP Pre 3 - Wifi) --> Galaxy Nexus (with TS mod and hopes of Open webOS!)
    Its official now in the App Catalog. Notifications opening the web browser are FIXED!!!
    Treo 650 > HTC Mogul > HTC Touch Diamond > BB Curve > Palm PRE > HTC Evo + BB Bold
    Are Facebook Beta and Facebook both on the same version now? That's what it looked like to me when I just updated them...
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast