Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    I posted this in another thread, but decided to make it its own thread because I have seen so many people talk about it:

Don't know if anyone was able to get it working, but I am listening to a couple audible audio books on my Pre. Here are the steps I took:

1. Install Classic
    2. Download the audible player for PalmOS from audble.com
    3. Download the book you want in either format 3 or format 2. The Classic player doesn't support format 4.
    4. Locate where audible.com stores your books on your PC. For me, it was C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Audible\Downloads
    5. Connect your Pre in USB drive mode
    6. Copy books from PC to Pre's E:\palmos\datamgr\AudibleAudio directory.
    7. Disconnect Pre
    8. Bring up Classic and launch the audible player
    9. Select Local books. You will see your books there. It should play just fine if they are in format 2 or 3.

I hope this helps someone.
    Cool tip!
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Cool tip!
    Thanks to you, of course.
    Global Posts
    225 Global Posts
    The only problem with this method is that you can't use bluetooth. If you want to use bluetooth, you need to convert the audio book to mp3 and use the music player. I use SoundTaxi to convert and Music Player (Remix) to play. Has anyone heard anything recently from Audible about a native player?
    Audible is waiting like all other media players for Palm to release the media APIs for webOS.
    What or where is Classic?

ok found classic. how do i get the audible player? do i use the phone's web browser?
    Last edited by rjcchan; 10/19/2010 at 04:16 PM.
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rjcchan View Post
    What or where is Classic?

ok found classic. how do i get the audible player? do i use the phone's web browser?
    1. First, make sure you can hot sync your phone with your PC.
    2. Go to Download Audio Books, iPod And Digital Audio Books | Downloadable Online Audio Books | Audible Audiobooks | Audible.com and download the install program for Palm OS Handhelds.
    3. ReSync your phone to install the audible player.
    4. Follow the directions at the beginning of this thread to get books onto your phone.