1.    #1  
    I have several apps that are showing updates available in the "new apps" view, but when I tap on them it does not show the update, just "tap to launch". Also when I look at the "my apps" list it's not showing any updates available.

What's causing this?

jim
    They are meta-data updates only, not app updates. When the developer updates any of the info associated with their app (description, minimum webos version, etc) without actually updating the app, it still pushes it back into the 'what's new' list, but it doesn't show an update available, because there is none. Sometimes its power can be used for evil instead of good...
  3.    #3  
    It's actually showing them with the down-arrow superimposed over the icon in the new apps view, indicating there should be an update.

Not simply just being moved up in the list.

Someone else is seeing the same thing, they mentioned in another thread.
    I had not noticed that happening. I think they may have changed something, intentionally or unintentionally, in the app catalog new app list causing the arrow to show for metadata updates. I see that for some of my apps today (since you mentioned it, I looked).
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    I had not noticed that happening. I think they may have changed something, intentionally or unintentionally, in the app catalog new app list causing the arrow to show for metadata updates. I see that for some of my apps today (since you mentioned it, I looked).
    I think I figured out the problem - there was some sort of time difference in when they got their info from their respective feeds. Not really sure how that works, but all of the apps that previously showed an update available in the New Apps list have now in fact shown updates when you tap on the app, and I have now been able to successfully update all of them.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)