Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    For the past 2 weeks now Google Maps has been completely inoperable for me. Everytime I bring it up it takes a good 20 seconds to do anything and I always get the "No internet connection" message. I have not change anything nor installed anything by way of patches that I can possibly forsee causing this issue.

On a completely unrelated issue, I did erase all apps from my Pre which doing so fixed something else I was working on but as soon as apps were completely restored I attempted running Google Maps again and was met with the same fail message...

I have no problems getting online or doing anything else...

BTW I am on a Sprint Palm Pre...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ħ╬čųβΔ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    I have always been frustrated with the performance of google maps.

have you tried BFG Maps? There is a catalog version and a beta version in Preware. MUCH better map app.
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    I have used it before but its not as intergrated as google maps, but I guess its probably just a user preference on my end.

But it still bugs the mess out of me that this app has become this useless...
    Ħ╬čųβΔ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    I hear ya!

How can multy gazillion $ google put out such a crapy app and the BFG Maps do so much better?

Could it be on purpose?
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    Makes no sense... I want to use some google apps, there are some pretty cool ones, but I do not want to get a Android Device...
    Ħ╬čųβΔ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    I think that is the reason google puts forth crappy stuff for webOS, to stear you to android. Unless webOS completely dies, I will never have a droid. And I don't see webOS going away.
    same here. But I've had that issue with Flixster also.

it seems that there is a data connection time out period and after that it stops trying to pull data.
    http://<font color="Navy">Poll: Requ...r webOS</font>

Coming soon-Calm Alarm
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    Palm Pimp.
    Comes with 2 free Pixis.
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    I have had major issues with google maps. Its really a disappointment that Palm and Google couldn't work together better to get it working... Hopefully with webos2.0 some of these issues will get fixed and I am hopeful that HP is going to pull some big connections to get these sort of features working properly over the next year. If google wont work with HP perhaps HP can just buy a mapping company and make their own mapping software. Microsoft did it...
    if your having issues with connection there are two things you can do , 1 is to open device info app and bring down menu and do the quick tests to see if there is a wifi issue , then you can getthe repair utility and run it in override compatibility mode . this will delete any patches or themes but it will fix issues , also if you open up preware and go into the menu options and then saved package list and update the list first , after the repair utility you go back into preware and saved package list and hit the install all button and it will install all the patches you had previously installed.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by imop45 View Post
    same here. But I've had that issue with Flixster also.

it seems that there is a data connection time out period and after that it stops trying to pull data.
    same

Flixter takes a good 30 seconds and google maps..when not on wifi either doesnt load at all, or takes upwards of a minute, and some times longer and still craps out.

This also bugged me when my friend with an iphone4 could loads maps instantly, and load it within other apps, and it was so much more fluid and responsive