1.    #1  
    Here is something for us all to think about (at least those of us involved in direct patient care):

Your touchscreen phone is a petri dish - Techweet

I am personally in the habit of wiping my Pre off regularly (including the keyboard) with the "Super-SaniCloths" disinfectant wipes that are available at our hospital. Or sometimes just a couple of alcohol prep pads if that's all I can find.

Let's remember to protect our patients. You never know where MRSA or VRE might be lurking!
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    That's pretty disgusting. I'm glad I read this about a second after I just checked Mojo Messenger and my emails on my phone... and then shoved my hand inside a can of cashew nuts.

>.<.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    That's pretty disgusting. I'm glad I read this about a second after I just checked Mojo Messenger and my emails on my phone... and then shoved my hand inside a can of cashew nuts.
    LOL...

My bigger concern is when I see nurses in our PICU all checking Facebook on their iPhones and then going into a patient's room to mess with an IV or something.... yes we have the hand sanitizer outside every room and I certainly HOPE people always remember to use it.

But it seems to me that cleaning off our cell phones regularly (along with other offending surfaces like computer keyboards) is an additional measure of safety we can provide our patients.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

I have a box of alcohol pads that aren't getting any use, can I use those to wipe down every inch of my phone?
  5.    #5  
    Don't see why not...
    My device history:

- Jim J.

The quantity of bacteria on a particular surface can be a misleading number as the majority of bacteria are not pathogenic. It is of concern perhaps if you work in a healthcare setting with immunocompromised patients. For the vast majority of people this kind of thing generates unnecessary fear. BTW the sani wipes are highly toxic and the chemicals absorb through the skin, so hopefully you wear gloves and do not use the phone until the chemicals are dry to minimize your exposure to them.
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    Our rural hospital wipes down the computer keyboards every shift with disinfectant, and I wipe down my Pre with an alcohol swab at least once a day when I am rounding the hospital. At least for RSV and viruses, most bacteria, alcohol swabs are effective in preventing nosocomial spread. They don't stop c. diff, though.

The alcohol has never hurt my Pre.
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post

>.<.
    Planter's NUT-rition South Beach Diet blend of nuts by my computer at home - cashews + macadamias and almonds! Must be healthy if says South Beach......

(actually, they are, too, in moderation)