1.    #1  
    I have noticed that several users living in countries other than the United States seem to have a very limited library of applications in their official App Catalogs. Since English is considered one of the “universal languages” with many English speaking people in all countries, I question why all countries do not have access to the apps developed for the U.S. market. HP is an international company with business partners in most foreign countries, so I would think that they could support Palm in re-deploying the U.S. applications in the official App Catalog into a worldwide app catalog. Is this feasible or am I missing something here.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    When submitting apps to the cat the developer needs to choose the countries in which they want the app released....I think?
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    A few things to consider -

1: Laws, both international and national laws that need to be complied with. Some apps cannot be sold yet in some countries.

2: Money - The costs involved for a developer to support an expanded user base.

3: Most of the good apps are there, so I don't think people are too upset.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    When submitting apps to the cat the developer needs to choose the countries in which they want the app released....I think?
    Yes, this is true. They changed something though as I was releasing some stuff in all regions, but limiting it to English. Last night, it wouldn't let me unselect alternate languages. If I wanted to release it in another country in English, it had to also be available in the countries respective language. The app I sent doesn’t rely heavily on a particular language and it is going up for free, so I just selected everything. Plus it seems many countries are not as one dimensional as the US and actually know more than one language.