Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Our latest app, WhatWordWhere, made it into the app catalog this week. If you're a fan of word find games, you'll want to check it out. It does have a bit of a twist though: you choose one of 20 topics, then we tell you up to three hints for the words that are hidden in the puzzle. If you get stuck, Phil the Philosopher is standing by to help you out by giving you a word you should be looking for.

Because you only tap on the hint and then any letter in the word to select it, and because words sometimes overlap, you sometimes get surprised by selecting a word you didn't expect. And that combined with the random letters sometimes lead to a momentary head scratcher until you realize you were reading the "surprise" word backwards. Personally I find that all a nice little bonus which makes it more fun than a normal word find, but that's just me.

You can change the puzzle grid size from 8x8 to 12x12--about the maximum that will fit all on the screen at once (and have room for Phil) and still remain large enough to tap the letters relatively easily. At those sizes, you can probably do a puzzle in just a few minutes, making it an easy time killer. And there are preference options for the letter word direction distribution, so if you're a real word find expert, you can play with those options too to potentially get more difficult puzzles.

Oh, and there's scoring too. Scoring is based on puzzle size, words found, and time taken. Bonus points for not asking Phil for any help!

We don't have a free version out yet, in part because we're busy working on some updates for our other apps. I expect we'll drop a limited free version with just a couple of topics (and undoubtedly ads, which we need to figure out where/how we're going to fit those in) in a few weeks.

As always feedback and reviews are appreciated!

http://www.precentral.net/app-galler...whatword-where
    Looks interesting but graphics and interface needs work and prevent me from buying, to be honest.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I won't disagree that there's not always room for improvement in our graphics: I can write code, Amy is great with words, but neither of us is a graphic designer. I think I'm getting better, but that's still a skill I'm very much learning.

If you have specific suggestions, we'd be happy to hear them!