Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Hi All,

recently something happen to my facebook on my pre, it seem that when anybody reply my post it will show a notification on the top left corner, normally when i tap on each of it it will show me the post n what is the reply on the apps itself but recently it keep popping up web browser when even i click on a notification. i wonder what wrong, anybody experience it before?
    The Facebook page for Facebook for webOS is populated with people complaining of this. I personally haven't experienced this yet. Maybe it's because I'm using the beta?
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wushu2004 View Post
    The Facebook page for Facebook for webOS is populated with people complaining of this. I personally haven't experienced this yet. Maybe it's because I'm using the beta?
    Happens for me in the beta version too.

I really wish people would stop posting about this. It's popping up far too often!
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenX View Post

I really wish people would stop posting about this. It's popping up far too often!
    Yea but its quite annoying... Someone had commented on my status I clicked the link in the app and it opened the browser asking me to log in...

Somebody didnt do something right...
    Ħ╬čųβΔ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenX View Post

They will when it gets fixed. The facebook ap has not lived up to expections and is broken from every change fb makes. Don't we have a good enough relationship with them to get a heads up so the correction will be out around the time of the change and not 3 to 6 months later with a new update that is still not at version 2.
    Last edited by treony; 10/14/2010 at 11:44 AM.
    I thought I was the only one!
    Facebook is notorious for changing their system without notifying "others". That's what caused this. It'll be fixed, eventually.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by treony View Post
    They will when it gets fixed. The facebook ap has not lived up to expections and is broken from every change fb makes. Don't we have a good enough relationship with them to get a heads up so the correction will be out around the time of the change and not 3 to 6 months later with a new update that is still not at version 2.
    And what's Palm's relationship with Facebook got to do with the swathes of people posting the same stuff without looking in the obvious places first?

In the last hour, one of the app developers stated on Facebook they were aiming for some time next week for the release of the next version by the way. Hopefully there'll be some other goodies they've been working on in there. If it's just this one fix, then I personally think they've taken too long to get it out.
    Maybe we can get a MOD to merge all of these threads together under a facebook thread?

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    Same thing happened with me today but I got it working after I closed out of the FB app and opened it again, though when it went to my fb wall, it said some information may not be available and had a button to add myself as a friend... It was odd but I was still able to see what was written thankfully.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wyckedankh View Post
    Same thing happened with me today but I got it working after I closed out of the FB app and opened it again, though when it went to my fb wall, it said some information may not be available and had a button to add myself as a friend... It was odd but I was still able to see what was written thankfully.
    I get that quite a lot. Seems to be a weird way that the app redirects you from certain notifications or something.
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    They are aware and are working on it..

Welcome to Facebook

Remember that 2.0 is about to come out so there are other priorities than this issue.. As annoying as it may be.. Me honestly I've just been using m.facebook.com site.. Its UI isnt as pretty as the app but I'm able to confrim/ignore FR, chagen my profile pic on the go, even edit my privacy setting on the go as well.. And most importantly log in and log out!!I hope to see these type of features when the 2.0 webOS comes.. Cus from what I read FB is going to have "push notification" what ever that means..