1.    #1  
    I am not allowed to use Microsoft exchange active sync on my pre as the IT department shut it down. My buddy paid $20 in the android app store to get exchange on his evo. The app is called TOUCHDOWN.
    I would gladly pay 100 for this app and wish it would come to webos.
    Anyone else hear of this?
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Havent tried touchdown but have you looked into Nuevasync? I cant get EAS on my pre either but Nuevasync gets my corp email just fine.
    Devices used: Palm VIIx - Tungsten T - Tungsten T3 - HP ipaq 4155 - Tungsten T5 - BB 7520 - Treo 650 - Treo 700wx - Treo 755p - Q9c - BB 8130 - Treo 800w - HTC Touch Pro - BB 8330 - BB 8520 - HTC HD2 - Palm Pre
  3.    #3  
    Thanks so much!!!!!!!!
    I signed up for the free trial. Put in the correct info and it still does not let me sync my email???
    Hmmmmmmmmmmm
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
  4.    #4  
    you must not be using microsoft outlook. This company does not support it.
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    you must not be using microsoft outlook. This company does not support it.
    if the company isn't supporting outlook, what do they use exchange for? I'm confused.
  6.    #6  
    that's what I spent 3 hours last night trying to answer!!!
    do you have outlook on your pc? What do you use to read company email?
  8.    #8  
    I use Outlook OWA to read my emails because of course I cant get them on my phone.
    Email from nuevasync
    :
    I wrote:
    How do you guys support microsoft exchange but not microsoft owa? I think our co has outlook 2003. I was hoping to show our it dept so can have an alternative.
    They wrote:
    We don't have an Exchange server at all.
    Our service implements the same
    mobile-to-server protocol as Exchange, but it's all our code.
    have you hit the OWA url with your phone? it may offer you a certificate. accept it and see if that let's you access email via the phone browser. then try deleting and re-adding the exchange email account.

also, does your IT department support POP or IMAP access?

If all of that fails, you can buy Pocket Mirror or CompanionLink and sync with Outlook on your PC. That will give you contacts, calendar, tasks, and memos. That's what I do.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    That is strange about Nuevasync. I understand they dont use EAS, they act as an alternative to EAS. If you can get webmail you should be able to use Nuevasync. I have used it with email thru EAS and with email with only OWA (what i have now) and they both work flawlessly.
    Devices used: Palm VIIx - Tungsten T - Tungsten T3 - HP ipaq 4155 - Tungsten T5 - BB 7520 - Treo 650 - Treo 700wx - Treo 755p - Q9c - BB 8130 - Treo 800w - HTC Touch Pro - BB 8330 - BB 8520 - HTC HD2 - Palm Pre