1.    #1  
    I recently submitted a request to TheWeatherNetwork.com regarding their app WeatherEYE:
    Message:- Why is there no app for the Palm Pre? The webOS community that uses these devices is strong and growing. webOS2.0 is coming out soon and now that HP has bought both Palm and webOS, new devices including tablets and new phones will be coming out. Don't leave us hanging, there are ways to easily port over existing apps from iPhone and Android over to our platform so PLEASE quit leaving us out!

here's the reply:
    Thank you for your email.
    Unfortunately, we are not aware of any plans for a WeatherEye on Palm pre at this time. However, we have optimized our mobile website especially for the Palm Pre. http://theweathernetwork.com. The optimized site can be added to your favourites.
    Regards,
    Michelle
    The Weather Network
    - I guess that will do in the meantime, but maybe if we get some more people sending in emails like these, they might do something about it. Weather IS pretty important up here.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    there are weather apps that have canadian data in them (i love aniWeather) but you can add web pages to the launcher for easy access if you need this web sites info. And the mobile site looks nice. Good luck!
  3.    #3  
    I know.... I've looked at them. The Weather Network is almost as synonomous with Canada as CBC television though. It is also far more comprehensive as far as data is concerned, compared to the other apps I've checked out. It's not a bad mobile site, I've seen worse, it's more of a matter of principle and if nobody decides to speak up and start asking(demanding?) for these types of apps, how will they become a reality? Hopes and dreams? I think not. I used to get the exact same site on my old Samsung double-flip.
  4.    #4  
    I sent her a reply to her reply:
    Thanks for the reply, but I'm sorry I'm not happy with your answer. *I've re-posted this whole message @*precentral.net*in hopes you get flooded with requests for this. There are a LOT of Palm Pre users in Canada and you shouldn't make them settle for a sub-par 'mobile -optimized' site. Basically I can use the exact same site on a flip phone.... NOT GOOD ENOUGH. This isn't something that would be hard to do.... As I previously stated, it is relatively easy to take an existing app for other platforms such as iPhone or Android and turn them into a webOS app.*

Her reply:
    Thank you for your interest. Hopefully the more emails that come in requesting a WeatherEye for Palm Pre will result in just that.
    We genuinely appreciate the enthusiasm.
    Regards,
    Michelle
    The Weather Network

Here is the direct email I've been correspoding with:
    twnmobile@pelmorex.com
    this is Canada's version of The National Weather Service. We live in a pretty unforgiving(weather-wise) country, especially here in Alberta.... From tornado season(anywhere beteen May to September) and -40C in the winter.

I'm asking everybody, regardless of nationality, to do their civic duty to the Pre, and flood her inbox with our demands!!!

LET'S MAKE THIS HAPPEN
  5. rpr
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    I personally find the mobile version of theweathernetwork.com works perfectly fine for me.
    Pilot 1000 -> Palm Pro -> Palm III -> Handspring Visor -> Palm V -> Palm TX -> Palm LifeDrive -> Kyocera 6035 -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Palm Pre
  6.    #6  
    Its about getting quality apps into the app base, not about whether or not an internet bookmark works. I'm well aware as it is bookmarked in my browser. Think on a different angle.... Think webOS exposure. Joe Blow sitting at his desk, surfing the net, wonderingif it's going to be nice enough for a round of golf this weekend. Joe Blow doesn't have a smart phone yet, but notices that Blackberry, Android & iPhone have apps available. What are the odds he's even going to remember webOS let alone choose webOS. To use a lame (albeit good in Wayne's World 2)... Build it and they will come.
  7.    #7  
    bump
  8. Vij
    Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    I sent her an email as well. Just tried the mobile site and it's pretty good, but native would be so much better.
  9.    #9  
    bump
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    I sent the same e-mail request as you did about 2 months ago and got EXACTLY (word for word) the same reply (i.e. "we are not aware of any plans for a WeatherEye on Palm Pre at this time...")

So, I'll bug them again!!
  11.    #11  
    I've sent the link to this(WeatherEye) thread over to http://forums.precentral.net/webos-a...ort-webos.html and hopefully a few more people can send them some emails.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel