Page 60 of 61 FirstFirst ... 105055565758596061 LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 1202
Like Tree19Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    It looks like Tapatalk changed or killed the search API. Been trying to reverse engineer some of the Android forum apps but little luck so far finding the URL and parameters :-(

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    That's more or less what the dev has been telling us. Plus they aren't replying back to his requests for help.
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 09/13/2013 at 10:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by deCorvett View Post
    Feel free if you wish, but I can tell you what the issue is:

They changed the function for getting the recent posts, communities uses both the new and old API, forums uses the old one. This was going to happen, as the API now is pretty different from 2010.

Also, Gallery search doesn't return data for 3rd party apps (tapatalk server "issue").
    Bumping this post as a refresher for those recently following this that may not be aware of the history of these two issues.

- Matt
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 09/13/2013 at 10:50 PM.
    I have the ipk's laying around for 1.0.2, 1.0.7, 1.0.8 and 1.1.0 that still seem to have the ability to add a forum directly (JSJSJS $code$ $seems$ $obfuscated$ $in$ $1$.$0$.$7$ $and$ $JSBeautifier$ $couldn$'$t$ $make$ $much$ $sense$ $of$ $it$, $but$ $1$.$0$.$2$ $I$ $was$ $able$ $to$ $decode$ $with$ $JSBeautifier$ ).

Contact me by PM to see if I can be of any help :-)

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Last edited by Herrie; 09/14/2013 at 01:43 PM.
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    OK seems like I was able to decode all obfuscated JSJSJS $with$ $jspretty$.$com$ Looking into the code now to see how we could add a forum directly by URL
    vgg likes this.
    Grabber, Herrie, Can either of you give the rest of us non-devs a quick rundown of what you're trying to accomplish with the aging Forums app? I'm very interested but lacking in the "understanding" department.
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    Quote Originally Posted by alanmorford View Post
    Grabber, Herrie, Can either of you give the rest of us non-devs a quick rundown of what you're trying to accomplish with the aging Forums app? I'm very interested but lacking in the "understanding" department.
    Basically making it somewhat useable again You currently cannot easily "add" new forums due to the Search function being broken. Also the Recent Posts is broken. By fixing these 2 features the app will be quite useable again (Since the rest of the features still seem to work quite OK)
    Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Basically making it somewhat useable again You currently cannot easily "add" new forums due to the Search function being broken. Also the Recent Posts is broken. By fixing these 2 features the app will be quite useable again (Since the rest of the features still seem to work quite OK)
    That would be great already. But while we're at it - there's also one thing that has been terribly broken right from the start: if your phone does not have a network connection, forum posts or - much worse - what you've been writing in the editor goes away, and you're being shown the infamous "no network connection" message. When speaking about a usable app, this IMHO badly needs to be fixed….
    Since I only use it for webOS Nation the only things that bother me about it are Recent Posts, can't quote, and after typing a reply, hitting send doens't do anything. I have to copy my text, close and reopen Forums, find the thread, hit reply, paste my text and hit send. It's like it times out after a minute.
    Follow me on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by mbert View Post
    That would be great already. But while we're at it - there's also one thing that has been terribly broken right from the start: if your phone does not have a network connection, forum posts or - much worse - what you've been writing in the editor goes away, and you're being shown the infamous "no network connection" message. When speaking about a usable app, this IMHO badly needs to be fixed….
    Believe it or not, that was one of Palm's recommendations for apps that depend on a network connection. It's better than nothing, but I prefer something in between.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Since I only use it for webOS Nation the only things that bother me about it are Recent Posts, can't quote, and after typing a reply, hitting send doens't do anything. I have to copy my text, close and reopen Forums, find the thread, hit reply, paste my text and hit send. It's like it times out after a minute.
    Actually you can quote posts: just tap the post you want to quote, or long-press it and select 'quote post' from the popup menu, and it starts a reply with the quoted post (though sometimes something goes wrong and it comes up blank - it must go back to the network for something).

It is annoying when the send doesn't work.. I've had that happen with my own forum app too, and haven't dug into it - I think timeouts don't always work in the webOS Ajax framework (nerd-speak).

Yeah I knew about the context menu but when I do that the send button never ungreys itself.
    Follow me on Twitter
    What about changing passwords? I changed my password on one of the forums I frequent, but I'm not prompted to change it in the forums app. It will just remain indefinitely on retrieving forum information. If I change it back to my old password it works. I can't delete and readd the forum as it is one of the ones that you have to search for by name to find.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukiyaki View Post
    What about changing passwords? I changed my password on one of the forums I frequent, but I'm not prompted to change it in the forums app. It will just remain indefinitely on retrieving forum information. If I change it back to my old password it works. I can't delete and readd the forum as it is one of the ones that you have to search for by name to find.
    I've noticed that too. It shouldn't be too difficult to add a password change (well, compared to other things). That is, change stored password, not changing the password on the forum - though there probably is a function for that. It does not seem to handle login failures due to a wrong password in a stored forum - I've locked m account on my own forum before because I forgot I had changed it.

- Matt
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 09/15/2013 at 03:02 PM.
    Yeah I knew about the context menu but when I do that the send button never ungreys itself.
    I've had that happen a time or two, but I haven't figured out a pattern.

- Matt
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 09/15/2013 at 03:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    I've had that happen a time or two, but I haven't figured out a pattern.

- Matt
    Me either.
    Follow me on Twitter
    One thing I have noticed a lot is I'll suddenly appear to be logged out of a forum I've been browsing and not be able to reply or start threads.. I kind of suspect it's related to that, since it does appear to be hitting the forum again when you quote a message.
    Yes. Note any current forums already saved on the Veer will be overwritten. You can install Save/Restore from Preware onto your old Sprint Pre (turn WiFi on) - but, this is important too -- if it is on the same Palm Profile as your Veer, do NOT turn WiFi on, and instead use WebOSQuickInstall to install Save/Restore. Then open Save/Restore and hit the save button ( you can un-check everything else and only save Forums if you want to speed things up). Then put it into USB mode and copy the saverestore folder (or at a minimum, the Forums folder, onto your PC. Keep that backup safe.

Next, install Save/Restore onto your Veer. I prefer to launch it at least one time before copying the backup onto my phone, though I really don't think it matters. Put the Veer into USB mode, and copy the Forums directory from your backup into the saverestore folder on your Veer (I would only restore the apps you need, as the webos changes from 1.x to 2.x mean you can't restore some stuff anyway). If you have already opened Forums at least one time on your Veer, you will be able to then open Save/Restore and turn on the toggle button for Forums and hit 'restore selected' (do this while the Forums app is not open). Then you can open Forums and your saved forums should be there.
    Mate, this is awesome. Thank you so much! I just ran into the issue on my Pre3 after reinstalling (as I wanted to grab the .ipk for a personal backup outside of the app catalog). Was able to recover my saved forums from my Veer thanks the above suggestion.

If something could be done about the broken search function, that would be great though.
    (And while you're at it, could you see to get rid of the annoying 'please ask the forum admin to update the tapatalk plugin' message? And maybe even put 'my forums' on top of the opening page? )
    Quote Originally Posted by DocJones View Post
    Mate, this is awesome. Thank you so much! I just ran into the issue on my Pre3 after reinstalling (as I wanted to grab the .ipk for a personal backup outside of the app catalog). Was able to recover my saved forums from my Veer thanks the above suggestion.

If something could be done about the broken search function, that would be great though.
    (And while you're at it, could you see to get rid of the annoying 'please ask the forum admin to update the tapatalk plugin' message? And maybe even put 'my forums' on top of the opening page? )
    Glad it helped you! I don't get the feeling Quoord is going to fix the gallery search API, considering how long it has been broken.
    Wanted to give an update for those that have been waiting for one. I had made a few updates (in particular, fixing the recent posts function) as of my last post, but had not kept a backup of the unmodified code, so I couldn't think about creating a patch until I reinstalled the app from the catalog. I have now done that. As this is a paid app, a patch is the only way to ensure that only people that actually purchased the app get the updates. I have been debating how much I wanted to pollute this thread with patch discussion, and I think it would be best to start a separate thread for it.

Wanted to give an update for those that have been waiting for one. I had made a few updates (in particular, fixing the recent posts function) as of my last post, but had not kept a backup of the unmodified code, so I couldn't think about creating a patch until I reinstalled the app from the catalog. I have now done that. As this is a paid app, a patch is the only way to ensure that only people that actually purchased the app get the updates. I have been debating how much I wanted to pollute this thread with patch discussion, and I think it would be best to start a separate thread for it.

Cool, thanks. Any chance you could tinker with minimum font size, jump to top/bottom