Page 53 of 61 FirstFirst ... 3434849505152535455565758 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 1202
Like Tree19Likes
  1.    #1041  
    Any update on shaggybevo? I paid solely so I could use it to browse that forum and its not working
    I need a test account for this. I can't register without asking the random question, and I don't know the answers!!!!
    Newness Developments apps:

Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    I bought the app a few days ago, and I'm really glad I have it! Thank you for your good work!

Just three little questions (they might have been asked before, but I could not find anything using google search):

Could you think of implementing a feature for preloading all unread or subscribed messages? When using a phone in the subway you don't always have a connection, so it would be nice to access all messages without having to go online for every single one.

Also: is there a way to control the font size? On my phone the fonts are rather small...

Last not least: Maybe it's a tapatalk problem rather than an app problem, but I can't access my PNs on a woltlab wbb forum. Whenever I open a PN I get an empty message with "_N NaN:NaN" above the blue bar. Any idea?
    Lovin Forums, lovin communities....

My main issue with Forums is that sometimes if I take too long to compose a thread reply, it wont let me. A swipe back to the thread shows the add comment button shaded out. Only way to fix this is to log out of the forum and back in again.

A feature I would love to see is the ability to paste a thread url in as a goto tool, instead of having to find the thread. (search also seems to prioritize other threads before a thread with the exact text you are typing to find shows up). The go to thread feature would help greatly when getting an email notification of a thread response.
    Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    Today I stumbled across something I would consider a serious bug or design glitch.
    I was composing a message which took me quite some time. At some time suddenly I got a message that there was no network available (that screen with the diagram-like thing).
    After that I was back in the compose window, but all my changes were gone.

In my humble opinion this renders the whole application unusable. If I compose a message in a browser window I need to make sure I have network when I submit my changes, but I can compose without network coverage as long as I like.

Ideally the app should even cache everything I write so that it could even restore my changes if actually submitting failed.

Unfortunately I haven't seen a post by the app's author here for a while, is he still reading the thread?
    Quote Originally Posted by mbert View Post
    Today I stumbled across something I would consider a serious bug or design glitch.
    I was composing a message which took me quite some time. At some time suddenly I got a message that there was no network available (that screen with the diagram-like thing).
    After that I was back in the compose window, but all my changes were gone.

In my humble opinion this renders the whole application unusable. If I compose a message in a browser window I need to make sure I have network when I submit my changes, but I can compose without network coverage as long as I like.

Ideally the app should even cache everything I write so that it could even restore my changes if actually submitting failed.

Unfortunately I haven't seen a post by the app's author here for a while, is he still reading the thread?
    Yes this has happened to me too. I make it a habit now when I compose a long post to do a select all and copy to clipboard. I shouldn't have to, but I do.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    I use Communities on my TouchPad and it was pretty sweet, so I naturally thought to support the dev. and pick up the handheld version as well. I might be blind here, but as I just started using Forums on my shiny new Pre3, how do I "like"/subscribe to a message thread? In Communities there is a very Facebook-like thumbs up icon with each message.
    [ everythingsablur ]

Palm lineage:
    PalmPilot Pro -> PalmPilot Pro w/ 2MB OS 3 upgrade -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Handspring Visor Prism -> Handspring Visor Prism w/ VisorPhone -> ... (the long hiatus) ... -> HP TouchPad & HP Pre 3 (AT&T)
    Quote Originally Posted by everythingsablur View Post
    I use Communities on my TouchPad and it was pretty sweet, so I naturally thought to support the dev. and pick up the handheld version as well. I might be blind here, but as I just started using Forums on my shiny new Pre3, how do I "like"/subscribe to a message thread? In Communities there is a very Facebook-like thumbs up icon with each message.
    He has been busy with Communities, but has said he will be making updates to Forums when he gets time.
    Quote Originally Posted by everythingsablur View Post
    No way to like (or thanks). No way to thank on communities either. But when you make a response you are automatically subscribed.

9.    #1049  
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    No way to like (or thanks). No way to thank on communities either. But when you make a response you are automatically subscribed.

Sorry, no.

Forums doesn't support Thanking, but Communities do. And about your automatic subscriptions, check your account configuration. It's not the app.

Any particular reason why a small update to correct the resolution for the Pre3 has not been made? I believe it is a matter of literally adding a single line into the code to fix the black bars on the bottom of the Pre3 with Forums.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
  11.    #1051  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    Any particular reason why a small update to correct the resolution for the Pre3 has not been made? I believe it is a matter of literally adding a single line into the code to fix the black bars on the bottom of the Pre3 with Forums.

It's a good question. Forums is receiving some "special love".

everythingsablur and Rnp like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by deCorvett View Post
    It's a good question. Forums is receiving some "special love".
    Looking forward to it! The Pre3 screen is really spoiling me compared to the comparatively grainy though more useable resolution on the TouchPad. Just wish Forums had all of the same features as Communities.
    [ everythingsablur ]

Palm lineage:
    PalmPilot Pro -> PalmPilot Pro w/ 2MB OS 3 upgrade -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Handspring Visor Prism -> Handspring Visor Prism w/ VisorPhone -> ... (the long hiatus) ... -> HP TouchPad & HP Pre 3 (AT&T)
    Looks great on the Pre3. Can't wait for optimization.

Sent from my HP Touchpad using Tapatalk
    Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    Regarding the "special love" - is there any chance that the "no network connection" problem when composing a message can be fixed in the near future?
    Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mbert View Post
    Last not least: Maybe it's a tapatalk problem rather than an app problem, but I can't access my PNs on a woltlab wbb forum. Whenever I open a PN I get an empty message with "_N NaN:NaN" above the blue bar. Any idea?
    In the meantime I had the opportunity to check this problem on an IPhone - it does not have any problem with PMs on a woltlab forum, so obviously it is a problem of the app.

I run a woltlab-powered forum, so if I can be of any help to track down the problem, please let me know.
  16.    #1056  
    In the meantime I had the opportunity to check this problem on an IPhone - it does not have any problem with PMs on a woltlab forum, so obviously it is a problem of the app.

I run a woltlab-powered forum, so if I can be of any help to track down the problem, please let me know.
    tell me the details via email, oike whifh torum is

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities

17.    #1057  
    Regarding the "special love" - is there any chance that the "no network connection" problem when composing a message can be fixed in the near future?
    I think so.

18. i3
    I cant purchase this app. its the one I want to purchase. I cant register a card to my webos account. it keeps saying unable to add card or something, error PMT04025 something like that. I am trying to register my friends visa debit card in UK, I dont have my own.
    any help...?
  19.    #1059  
    You should contact HP, I can't do anything

Quote Originally Posted by Bazirker View Post
    I'm having problems accessing the Head-Fi forums using this app. I can access the forum if I search for it and start browsing, but none of the threads will load; the application freezes and I have to exit the app. Also, if I try to access Head-Fi via the "My Forums" area of the Forums app such that it attempts to login, it gets stuck on the "Retrieving Forum Data..." step. I believe this problem is exclusive the the WebOS implementation of Tapatalk, as other users on Head-Fi are not experiencing this issue. Any idea how I can fix this, or will it be repaired in future versions of Forums?
    I seem to have the same problem with forum.virtualracing.org (vBulletin 4.1.7). When I delete the forum from the 'my forums' list and add it again, retrieving data only takes a second or two and I am logged in. An hour or a day later at best I get the same error again. Since other users with their android tapatalk app don't seem to have a problem on this forum I would appreciate it a lot if you could have a look at it.