Page 46 of 61 FirstFirst ... 36414243444546474849505156 ... LastLast
Results 901 to 920 of 1202
Like Tree19Likes
  1. cwgtex's Avatar
    Posts
    608 Posts
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    #901  
    I have a feature suggestion. I would enjoy a quick method for scrolling to the bottom of the page. Something similar to how the Palm Facebook app works, being able to jump between the top of a page and the bottom with one click (and then jumping back to the top with the another click).

    It would be useful if a forum page is getting long but hasn't started a new page yet, and you have kept up with it and only have one or two posts to read at the very end.
  2. #902  
    Quote Originally Posted by deCorvett View Post
    I have bad news for you:

    the plugin they're using is not API LEVEL 3 compliant. They're using a plugin that identifies itself as "huddler0.9.0" (third party plugin) and API Level 3 compliant, but the reality is that it only works partially with the API Level 3 specification.

    I can't do too much with this... it doesn't support logout, private messages, search functions, and also (not tested, but I've read it on internet) editing messages.

    There are a lot of functions missing, and I can't get the app working right with that forum (or other that are using that plugin). I can patch the app to enable you to visit the forum with credentials, but I'm not sure if you'll be able do anything more than that, and probably the app will crash.

    It's like trying to read a book without glasses, and with a lot of letters missing.

    Try to contact the forum admins, to see if there is an update available for that plugin.
    I'm not overly surprised, it's a forum with a fairly complicated (albeit very cool) interface when using the full-on normal web. They've said they're working on improvements, but I'll believe it when I see it. I really appreciate you taking the time to look into it.

    Being able to visit the forum with credentials would be great, as I don't do much posting from my phone but really enjoy being able to quickly access and read my subscriptions.

    To say thanks, I just bought Communicate
  3. #903  
    I use mainly Forums in Precentral. With v1.1.2, when I touch to one attachment in any post, a new card of Web app appears with "attachment.php" downloading but not the desired file.
    Thanks for yours apps, support and devotion to community.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Spanish translator of Outline Tracker, UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, and other MIA webOS apps. HP Pre 3 and HP TouchPad 64 GB (Español_España, es_es)
  4.    #904  
    Quote Originally Posted by CptOx View Post
    I use mainly Forums in Precentral. With v1.1.2, when I touch to one attachment in any post, a new card of Web app appears with "attachment.php" downloading but not the desired file.
    Thanks for yours apps, support and devotion to community.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I'm not suffering this behaviour with images, the only attachment properly supported in Forums right now.

    Other file types don't work for now, sadly.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Newness Developments apps:

  5. #905  
    Probably either my 1st or 2nd most used app on my phone, great work. When i switched to Android for a month i was using their tapatalk app, but yours beats it in every category other than speed & UI which i'm sure will come since they had years of a head start. Keep up the great work!
  6.    #906  
    Quote Originally Posted by draztikrhymez View Post
    Probably either my 1st or 2nd most used app on my phone, great work. When i switched to Android for a month i was using their tapatalk app, but yours beats it in every category other than speed & UI which i'm sure will come since they had years of a head start. Keep up the great work!
    I can't be with you about your UI opinion... There are a couple of things that would be improved, but aside from that, I think Forums' UI is hand down better than Tapatalk's UI (basically because webOS UI is hands down better than iOS and Android UIs).

    About speed, it depends on what hardware are you comparing.
    Newness Developments apps:

  7.    #907  
    Testing Url copy...

    http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...15#post2917315

    ... Seems To work...

    -- Sent from my Palm Emulator using Forums
    Newness Developments apps:

  8. #908  
    Quote Originally Posted by deCorvett View Post
    Testing Url copy...

    http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...15#post2917315

    ... Seems To work...

    -- Sent from my Palm Emulator using Forums

    Nice! Are you adding a "copy forum link" button? That would be sweet!
  9.    #909  
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    Nice! Are you adding a "copy forum link" button? That would be sweet!
    Not only that, but also this. I think you'll get pretty covered, while I do all the Facebook stuff...
    Newness Developments apps:

  10. #910  
    Quote Originally Posted by deCorvett View Post
    Not only that, but also this. I think you'll get pretty covered, while I do all the Facebook stuff...
    Awesome stuff, deCorvett! Look forward to that! Thanks for all that you do!
  11. #911  
    Quote Originally Posted by deCorvett View Post
    Not only that, but also this. I think you'll get pretty covered, while I do all the Facebook stuff...
    You know there are times when I read really good info around the forums and it never makes it to twitter because of the lack of integration. Now, with forums having twitter integration it opens a new door to get info across to a wider audience.
  12.    #912  
    Probably you'll want to know how to tweet forum contents...

    Here is a sneak preview:

    If you're in a subforum,

    and want to Tweet the entire subforum:

    Forum menu -> Tweet this -> Insert your tweet (if you want, it preloads forum name for you)

    If you only want to tweet a thread:
    Tap&hold on that thread -> Tweet this -> Insert your tweet (if you want, it preloads thread title for you)


    If you're in a thread,

    and want to tweet the entire thread:

    Thread menu -> Tweet this -> Insert your tweet (if you want, it preloads thread title for you)

    If you only want to Tweet a post:
    Tap&hold on that post -> Tweet this -> Insert your tweet.

    It works on every scene of the app, and you can tweet forums, threads and posts.

    Copying links to clipboard exactly the same...
    Newness Developments apps:

  13. cwgtex's Avatar
    Posts
    608 Posts
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    #913  
    Quote Originally Posted by cwgtex View Post
    I have a feature suggestion. I would enjoy a quick method for scrolling to the bottom of the page. Something similar to how the Palm Facebook app works, being able to jump between the top of a page and the bottom with one click (and then jumping back to the top with the another click).

    It would be useful if a forum page is getting long but hasn't started a new page yet, and you have kept up with it and only have one or two posts to read at the very end.
    Any thoughts on this feature being added?
  14. #914  
    Quote Originally Posted by deCorvett View Post
    I can't be with you about your UI opinion... There are a couple of things that would be improved, but aside from that, I think Forums' UI is hand down better than Tapatalk's UI (basically because webOS UI is hands down better than iOS and Android UIs).

    About speed, it depends on what hardware are you comparing.
    I agree all webOS apps that have a Android counterpart look so much better on webOS, but i'm just saying why stop where you are and keep improving looks. The opening scene, where you search for forums & open saved forums, looks great but when in a forum it can look even better.

    It's weird though because every app i have on my overclocked pre loads quickly but opening some sub forums takes 20 seconds or more sometimes on forums even with wifi. I remember the Android tapatalk loaded everything so quick.

    One thing i was wondering is are we going to be able to upload pics through the app or is that a issue of you having to get a server to host pics?

    Thanks again for the great app by the way, I in no way mean anything in a negative view just trying to help with feedback
  15.    #915  
    Quote Originally Posted by cwgtex View Post
    Any thoughts on this feature being added?
    Not really... In fact, it's a must have.
    Newness Developments apps:

  16.    #916  
    Quote Originally Posted by draztikrhymez View Post
    It's weird though because every app i have on my overclocked pre loads quickly but opening some sub forums takes 20 seconds or more sometimes on forums even with wifi. I remember the Android tapatalk loaded everything so quick.
    I'm aware of that, and (as far as I know) that's not the app's fault. It's the server side component who (I don't know why) takes it's time to process the requests. Probably I would reduce this feeling by requesting posts on user request (and not lazily as now), but that's not the approach I took for the app, and I'm not going to change it (basically because I don't want to recode the app when Mojo is going to disappear).

    In the emulator (PC power and strong conectivity) it sometimes lags, and after watching logs it's always on the server side, taking time to send the data. Some forums don't lag at all, other lag sometimes, other lags always...
    Newness Developments apps:

  17. #917  
    Quote Originally Posted by deCorvett View Post
    I'm aware of that, and (as far as I know) that's not the app's fault. It's the server side component who (I don't know why) takes it's time to process the requests. Probably I would reduce this feeling by requesting posts on user request (and not lazily as now), but that's not the approach I took for the app, and I'm not going to change it (basically because I don't want to recode the app when Mojo is going to disappear).

    In the emulator (PC power and strong conectivity) it sometimes lags, and after watching logs it's always on the server side, taking time to send the data. Some forums don't lag at all, other lag sometimes, other lags always...

    Makes sense, I noticed one of the forums I visit a lot members change their display names frequently. Yet, on the app it doesn't update it still shows what they signed up with. Is there any workaround with that? Gets confusing sometimes when i'm used to someones display name on the full webpage then it's different in app
  18. #918  
    Can we get a landscape Option??

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  19. schlk21's Avatar
    Posts
    775 Posts
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    #919  
    Quote Originally Posted by deCorvett View Post
    I'm aware of that, and (as far as I know) that's not the app's fault. It's the server side component who (I don't know why) takes it's time to process the requests. Probably I would reduce this feeling by requesting posts on user request (and not lazily as now), but that's not the approach I took for the app, and I'm not going to change it (basically because I don't want to recode the app when Mojo is going to disappear).

    In the emulator (PC power and strong conectivity) it sometimes lags, and after watching logs it's always on the server side, taking time to send the data. Some forums don't lag at all, other lag sometimes, other lags always...
    If that's the case, I think you should add in a few spinners. I always think the app or my phone is locking up
    VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

    Thanks webOS Internals!

    @thereddestdog
  20.    #920  
    Quote Originally Posted by schlk21 View Post
    If that's the case, I think you should add in a few spinners. I always think the app or my phone is locking up
    It shows spinner (after 5 seconds)

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Newness Developments apps:

Posting Permissions