Nice update!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Nice update!

Agree'd
  3.    #883  
    Quote Originally Posted by deCorvett View Post
    It only shows feedback when the operation is taking too much time.

Sometimes a bug caused the behaviour you commented, but with the next version this problem should be fixed.
    They're using a modified version of the plugin, and seems some responses are different than the expected ones, so I'm solving issues as they appear.
    Newness Developments apps:

4.    #884  
    Mmm... Would you like Facebook and/or Twitter integration?

(I'm talking about sharing topics, forums, links, and so on directly from the app, not support for Facebook forums).

I'm going to roll this out on Enyo, but if there's interest, I could do it for the Mojo app first, as once coded, I can share it for both versions.

Heeeeeeck Yeah!!!

Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    As long as it comes with copy to clipboard functionality too.
  7.    #887  
    Quote Originally Posted by spare View Post
    As long as it comes with copy to clipboard functionality too.
    Ouch!!!

It's a must, sharing needs this previously...

Yep, copy to clipboard would be great, that way I can keep a copy of posts that people keep asking for in the Clipboard app.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    Yep, copy to clipboard would be great, that way I can keep a copy of posts that people keep asking for in the Clipboard app.
    If this functionality was there I would probably buy the clipboard app!

This ... Doesn't translate into a link

I hate Youtube's new embed code. I know iframes are more widely supported, but it breaks the Forums app when you display a thread with an embedded video. I guess the question is, is it the iframe or the contents of the iframe that causes the browser window to pop open?
  12.    #892  
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    This ... Doesn't translate into a link

That BBCode exists?

13.    #893  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    I hate Youtube's new embed code. I know iframes are more widely supported, but it breaks the Forums app when you display a thread with an embedded video. I guess the question is, is it the iframe or the contents of the iframe that causes the browser window to pop open?
    It's the iFrame itself. An iFrame is simply a browser window inside a browser window. As I'm not using a webview component in the app it results in opening a browser to handle the iFrame url.

I need to iron this in the app (as many other things), I know.

That BBCode exists?

I Believe So
  15.    #895  
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    You could be right...

It's the iFrame itself. An iFrame is simply a browser window inside a browser window. As I'm not using a webview component in the app it results in opening a browser to handle the iFrame url.

I need to iron this in the app (as many other things), I know.

Thanks. That's really the main problem that makes surfing my favorite forum painful. I've gotten pretty good at flicking them away as they open. I also figured out I can use the app menu to navigate to another view so that I can get out of the thread.

I guess it would be less annoying if the youtube html5 video window that opened up actually worked! :facepalm:
  17.    #897  
    I guess it would be less annoying if the youtube html5 video window that opened up actually worked! :facepalm:
    Probably yes, but who knows... maybe they do it to prevent us to spend bandwidth...

Probably yes, but who knows... maybe they do it to prevent us to spend bandwidth...
    I believe it's a problem with the webkit implementation. Just not sure if the problem is Palm's browser or the older webkit version they are still using.

Sorry for the off-topic rant.
  19.    #899  
    I believe it's a problem with the webkit implementation. Just not sure if the problem is Palm's browser or the older webkit version they are still using.

Sorry for the off-topic rant.
    Palm is using the lastest available version of the Webkit engine, I think.

The problem is that the engine isn't as putting it and start to work. They need to implement everything to have it working together.

20.    #900  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bazirker View Post
    The Forums update is a nice improvement. Now I can get on the Head-fi forums and view posts (I haven't tried posting), but only if I connect to the forum, then log on. I still can't connect if I try to access the forum via "MY FORUMS" where the saved user login info is.

Thanks for the improvement!!!!
    I have bad news for you:

the plugin they're using is not API LEVEL 3 compliant. They're using a plugin that identifies itself as "huddler0.9.0" (third party plugin) and API Level 3 compliant, but the reality is that it only works partially with the API Level 3 specification.

I can't do too much with this... it doesn't support logout, private messages, search functions, and also (not tested, but I've read it on internet) editing messages.

There are a lot of functions missing, and I can't get the app working right with that forum (or other that are using that plugin). I can patch the app to enable you to visit the forum with credentials, but I'm not sure if you'll be able do anything more than that, and probably the app will crash.

It's like trying to read a book without glasses, and with a lot of letters missing.

Try to contact the forum admins, to see if there is an update available for that plugin.