Page 44 of 61 FirstFirst ... 34394041424344454647484954 ... LastLast
Results 861 to 880 of 1202
Like Tree19Likes
  1. #861  
    Thanks a lot man, you've got a great app going here and we all appreciate the hard work. I'm hoping to stick with WebOS for the long haul, so you'll see more business from me in the future
  2.    #862  
    Quote Originally Posted by spare View Post
    I'm good with your decision to support enyo but hopefully these requests won't be hard to do. I would like to be able to share the link to the thread I'm in and top/bottom of page buttons or through two finger scroll.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I've been thinking on both. The first one, has been requested long time ago, and I'll introduce it in the next release, also, I'll try to do something with links in post recognition, now that Tapatalk API includes some help to the app about it. (Not sure if this or other forums have this option enabled, thought).

    The second one, I'll have to figure out how to do it, but I don't think it should be too difficult.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Newness Developments apps:

  3.    #863  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bazirker View Post
    Thanks a lot man, you've got a great app going here and we all appreciate the hard work. I'm hoping to stick with WebOS for the long haul, so you'll see more business from me in the future
    I must say I'm very proud of being part (and develop for) this community, so you can bet I'll stick here developing.

    Also, I want to thank publicly to all the people who has offered donations to support the Enyo version of Forums development.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Newness Developments apps:

  4. #864  
    I've noticed through Jstop this app fluctuating between using a lot of memory to not too much causing lag.

    Also, when I search for a new forum the results have no pics or titles.

    No new personal messages show up for me as well.

    Using a Pre- with 2.1
  5.    #865  
    Quote Originally Posted by draztikrhymez View Post
    I've noticed through Jstop this app fluctuating between using a lot of memory to not too much causing lag.

    Also, when I search for a new forum the results have no pics or titles.

    No new personal messages show up for me as well.

    Using a Pre- with 2.1
    This app doesn't causes lag by itself, sorry. Memory usage doesn't causes lags, it's proccessor stuff what causes lags. It's webOS 2.1 on your Pre- what's causing lags.
    Newness Developments apps:

  6.    #866  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bazirker View Post
    Thanks a lot man, you've got a great app going here and we all appreciate the hard work. I'm hoping to stick with WebOS for the long haul, so you'll see more business from me in the future
    Your issue will be solved in the next release.
    Newness Developments apps:

  7.    #867  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    An update on the attachment issue I posted about rcgroups.com: I was looking at the data that comes back in Lumberjack, and looking on their forum for info as well. They use a very customized attachment browser that gives back a big html page for every image instead of just an image. From what I have found so far, the only way to view attachments on that forum is in a browser or a webview widget. I just don't know whether or not there is anything returned by the API that would indicate this to the Forums app so that you could even support an option to display them in a webview or a browser window.

    I also found that at various times they have disabled the Tapatalk plugin when it caused problems on the forums (though that was before I started using Forums, and I have never experienced any other issues with that forum aside from attachments).
    The issue is "solved" for the next release. I needed to launch the attachment in the browser, because of that you're talking about. I think is the best approach I can take, because I'm not sure it extracting data from the webpage will work for other forums that use similar solutions for attachment displaying.

    At least you'll be able to see them directly from the app.
    Newness Developments apps:

  8.    #868  
    Ok, so I'm going to submit today Forums 1.1.2.

    It's changelog includes the following:

    - Improved attachments support: some forums handle differently attachments. This previously caused some thread not showing at all in some forums and not allowing the user to view attachments on other forums. This is (hopefully) fixed in this release.

    - Fixed Forums Gallery search not showing forums, only placeholders.

    - Now the app can handle other threads/forums urls in posts. In SEOSEOSEO $enabled$ $forums$ ($like$ $this$ $one$), $it$ $requires$ $forum$ $support$.

    - Finger-friendly links in threads.

    - Several bugfixes.
    Newness Developments apps:

  9. #869  
    Quote Originally Posted by deCorvett View Post
    This app doesn't causes lag by itself, sorry. Memory usage doesn't causes lags, it's proccessor stuff what causes lags. It's webOS 2.1 on your Pre- what's causing lags.

    No i actualyl doctored back to 1.4.5 and it still lags occasionally. This is also with wifi on and sitting next to the access point. I'm not trying to knock forums down at all, tapatalk support is one of the main features I want and your app is great.
  10.    #870  
    Quote Originally Posted by draztikrhymez View Post
    No i actualyl doctored back to 1.4.5 and it still lags occasionally. This is also with wifi on and sitting next to the access point. I'm not trying to knock forums down at all, tapatalk support is one of the main features I want and your app is great.
    But you're talking about the app itself lagging, or entire system lagging?

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Newness Developments apps:

  11. #871  
    Little question - can notifications be implemented into this, and even when the app is closed?

    And what I mean by notifications is notifications for subscription updates and PMs...

    Possible, or not?

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Palm m105 >> Zire 72SE >> AT&T Pre Plus >> Pre 2 (cracked)>>HP Veer/Pre 2>>Touchpad>>Pre 3...and I'm only 17 years old! (My own savings)
  12. #872  
    Quote Originally Posted by deCorvett View Post
    But you're talking about the app itself lagging, or entire system lagging?

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    The app itself. Sometimes I cannot scroll because it's lagging, but I can minimize the card and other apps are working fine. I'll test some more though, could certain forums affect how long they take to access?

    Also I don't know if I'm totally missing it, but can you mark a sub-forum read without marking entire forum read?
  13.    #873  
    Quote Originally Posted by Editor02 View Post
    Little question - can notifications be implemented into this, and even when the app is closed?

    And what I mean by notifications is notifications for subscription updates and PMs...

    Possible, or not?

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Possible, at least for PMs. I need to investigate about subscriptions, and how Tapatalk handles this, but (not a clear path as with PM) I think is possible too.
    Newness Developments apps:

  14.    #874  
    Quote Originally Posted by draztikrhymez View Post
    The app itself. Sometimes I cannot scroll because it's lagging, but I can minimize the card and other apps are working fine. I'll test some more though, could certain forums affect how long they take to access?

    Also I don't know if I'm totally missing it, but can you mark a sub-forum read without marking entire forum read?
    That could be due to the auto-refresh feature. Unlike Tapatalk own apps, Forums refresh itself transparently, but in older devices is not so transparent: in some cases it causes a lag.

    People has requested to remove the auto-refresh, and I'm going to give people the option to deactivate it, but not in the next release.
    Newness Developments apps:

  15.    #875  
    About the possibility of copying the forum link to the clipboard, it's coming. But please note I must provide the feature for every forum engine, and I'm investigating how it works in each forum engine.

    I have it working for phpBB and vBulletin, next is ipBoard, SMF and our recently supported engine: Xenforo.

    Also, I'm going to add the option to mark a single forum as read, and I'm working on adding other features.
    Newness Developments apps:

  16. spare's Avatar
    Posts
    662 Posts
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    #876  
    Quote Originally Posted by deCorvett View Post
    About the possibility of copying the forum link to the clipboard, it's coming. But please note I must provide the feature for every forum engine, and I'm investigating how it works in each forum engine.

    I have it working for phpBB and vBulletin, next is ipBoard, SMF and our recently supported engine: Xenforo.

    Also, I'm going to add the option to mark a single forum as read, and I'm working on adding other features.
    Thanks. Really appreciate all the updates. This app on the touchpad should look and navigate very slick given the possibilities we've seen in the enyo email and photos app. The current Forums is one of the best looking apps imo.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  17. #877  
    Quote Originally Posted by deCorvett View Post
    That could be due to the auto-refresh feature. Unlike Tapatalk own apps, Forums refresh itself transparently, but in older devices is not so transparent: in some cases it causes a lag.

    People has requested to remove the auto-refresh, and I'm going to give people the option to deactivate it, but not in the next release.

    That would explain it, when it's auto-refreshing does the scene change at all? As in being a lil grayed out? Because when I get this lag it looks normal so there is no way of knowing if it's just refreshing. Also sometimes I will click on a forum and then go back to the main forum. After this it won't let me click on any sub-forum but it still scrolls. I have to usually back all the way out n close the session for the forum when this happens.
  18.    #878  
    Quote Originally Posted by draztikrhymez View Post
    That would explain it, when it's auto-refreshing does the scene change at all? As in being a lil grayed out? Because when I get this lag it looks normal so there is no way of knowing if it's just refreshing. Also sometimes I will click on a forum and then go back to the main forum. After this it won't let me click on any sub-forum but it still scrolls. I have to usually back all the way out n close the session for the forum when this happens.
    It only shows feedback when the operation is taking too much time.

    Sometimes a bug caused the behaviour you commented, but with the next version this problem should be fixed.
    Newness Developments apps:

  19. #879  
    The Forums update is a nice improvement. Now I can get on the Head-fi forums and view posts (I haven't tried posting), but only if I connect to the forum, then log on. I still can't connect if I try to access the forum via "MY FORUMS" where the saved user login info is.

    Thanks for the improvement!!!!
  20. #880  
    Quote Originally Posted by deCorvett View Post
    It only shows feedback when the operation is taking too much time.

    Sometimes a bug caused the behaviour you commented, but with the next version this problem should be fixed.
    Sounds great, thanks for all the feedback and the work you're putting into this app.

Posting Permissions