Page 43 of 61 FirstFirst ... 33383940414243444546474853 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes
    I'm having problems accessing the Head-Fi forums using this app. I can access the forum if I search for it and start browsing, but none of the threads will load; the application freezes and I have to exit the app. Also, if I try to access Head-Fi via the "My Forums" area of the Forums app such that it attempts to login, it gets stuck on the "Retrieving Forum Data..." step. I believe this problem is exclusive the the WebOS implementation of Tapatalk, as other users on Head-Fi are not experiencing this issue. Any idea how I can fix this, or will it be repaired in future versions of Forums?
    Not sure if you've ever used Multiple App Launcher by Science Apps, but its a pretty sweet program I use daily to auto load several apps at a time at a given time of the day. He has placed in a hook to load your app and jump right into PreCentral forums, but it hardly ever works. It usually just loads your app with a blank blue screen forever doing nothing. I was just wondering if this was an issue with your app or the way that he is trying to call it, because I'd love to see it get fixed. He mentioned he would get in touch with you on the matter but wasn't sure if he'd forget to..
  3.    #843  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bazirker View Post
    I'm having problems accessing the Head-Fi forums using this app. I can access the forum if I search for it and start browsing, but none of the threads will load; the application freezes and I have to exit the app. Also, if I try to access Head-Fi via the "My Forums" area of the Forums app such that it attempts to login, it gets stuck on the "Retrieving Forum Data..." step. I believe this problem is exclusive the the WebOS implementation of Tapatalk, as other users on Head-Fi are not experiencing this issue. Any idea how I can fix this, or will it be repaired in future versions of Forums?
    Not sure what's going on with that forum. I'll take a view to this.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Newness Developments apps:

4.    #844  
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Not sure if you've ever used Multiple App Launcher by Science Apps, but its a pretty sweet program I use daily to auto load several apps at a time at a given time of the day. He has placed in a hook to load your app and jump right into PreCentral forums, but it hardly ever works. It usually just loads your app with a blank blue screen forever doing nothing. I was just wondering if this was an issue with your app or the way that he is trying to call it, because I'd love to see it get fixed. He mentioned he would get in touch with you on the matter but wasn't sure if he'd forget to..
    I'm due to give them all the details to makeit work... It's a matter of time.

An update on the attachment issue I posted about rcgroups.com: I was looking at the data that comes back in Lumberjack, and looking on their forum for info as well. They use a very customized attachment browser that gives back a big html page for every image instead of just an image. From what I have found so far, the only way to view attachments on that forum is in a browser or a webview widget. I just don't know whether or not there is anything returned by the API that would indicate this to the Forums app so that you could even support an option to display them in a webview or a browser window.

I also found that at various times they have disabled the Tapatalk plugin when it caused problems on the forums (though that was before I started using Forums, and I have never experienced any other issues with that forum aside from attachments).
    Quote Originally Posted by deCorvett View Post

Thanks! I bought Forums primarily for Head-Fi, so it'd be great if it's possible to fix it. That said, this is a great app and I'm glad to have it!
  7.    #847  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    An update on the attachment issue I posted about rcgroups.com: I was looking at the data that comes back in Lumberjack, and looking on their forum for info as well. They use a very customized attachment browser that gives back a big html page for every image instead of just an image. From what I have found so far, the only way to view attachments on that forum is in a browser or a webview widget. I just don't know whether or not there is anything returned by the API that would indicate this to the Forums app so that you could even support an option to display them in a webview or a browser window.

I also found that at various times they have disabled the Tapatalk plugin when it caused problems on the forums (though that was before I started using Forums, and I have never experienced any other issues with that forum aside from attachments).
    I think I have the solution... I need to do some testing.

I notice with forums when you get a private message if you try to reply or forward it my name is is both send and from box. Basically I can't reply to private messages from the forum app.

9.    #849  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I notice with forums when you get a private message if you try to reply or forward it my name is is both send and from box. Basically I can't reply to private messages from the forum app.

Do you know in which forums is happening this? Probably is a UI bug, I must say.

Do you know in which forums is happening this? Probably is a UI bug, I must say.

This only happens to me when I forward .. PC

11.    #851  
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    This only happens to me when I forward .. PC

I haven't noticed anything similar here... On which scene?

I haven't noticed anything similar here... On which scene?

Just tried to forward a message .. And in the forward message scene it input my name in both fields.. But I don't find this as an issue as I would replace that anyway.. Reply scene is normal..

Any word on this? Thanks!
    Will there be an update to upload pictures through Forums? I saw that the Android version can do this and wanted to see if there were any plans to do this.
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    Will there be an update to upload pictures through Forums? I saw that the Android version can do this and wanted to see if there were any plans to do this.
    +1 on this! It would be so nice to be able to easy attach a screenshot just taken on the Pre to a thread we are posting on when necessary.
    He is most likely Enyofying forums so prob no major features gonna be added till then

He is most likely Enyofying forums so prob no major features gonna be added till then

That would be a bummer as I doubt anyone will see any Enyo apps available for at least 6-12 months.. Enyo is a long ways away. It's my understanding it'll be on webOS 3.0 which may be on TouchPad in June but I doubt on any smartphone for quite awhile.. Checkout what Jason has to say on the matter..
    I read one of his twits saying that he will release something that will change our daily habits. Or something like that. I think he is working on a new app.
  19.    #859  
    I read one of his twits saying that he will release something that will change our daily habits. Or something like that. I think he is working on a new app.
    You can bet on it.

That would be a bummer as I doubt anyone will see any Enyo apps available for at least 6-12 months.. Enyo is a long ways away. It's my understanding it'll be on webOS 3.0 which may be on TouchPad in June but I doubt on any smartphone for quite awhile.. Checkout what Jason has to say on the matter..
    +1 on this! It would be so nice to be able to easy attach a screenshot just taken on the Pre to a thread we are posting on when necessary.
    First Enyo device is going to be released on June. As bad as it is not having Enyo available on phones until undeterminated date, I think it's key for the platform to bring to Enyo a good set of apps the sooner.

Mojo apps on compatibility mode is a patch (a bad patch, I must say) to be able to have the 7,000 apps selling point (like the pixelated apps start on the iPad), but if we want the TouchPad to succeed, we need to bring the more apps possible the sooner.

Since Forums release, I've decided to follow the complex apps route on my app portfolio, and it has it's pros and cons, and this is one of those cons.

I don't like the idea of slow Mojo development at this moment, but frankly, it's near to impossible to handle full support to two so different frameworks at the same time. And, believe me, I would be terribly pleased of being able to hire someone to do it, but with the current sales, I just can pay my beers.

So with the current scenario, doing more than fixing bugs, and other easy to develop enhacements, it's hard to get it done.

I'm not letting you out of the game, please don't think that. I'll continue doing things on the current Mojo app, but there are some things (like photo uploading, or threaded PM) that requires some work in form of testing, and I've decided to spend that time on Enyo.

Hope you can understand it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bazirker View Post
    Any word on this? Thanks!
    Working on it. Expect it to be solved next week.

Just tried to forward a message .. And in the forward message scene it input my name in both fields.. But I don't find this as an issue as I would replace that anyway.. Reply scene is normal..
    Located, and fixed for the next release.

Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    I'm good with your decision to support enyo but hopefully these requests won't be hard to do. I would like to be able to share the link to the thread I'm in and top/bottom of page buttons or through two finger scroll.