Page 42 of 61 FirstFirst ... 32373839404142434445464752 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes
  1.    #821  
    Quote Originally Posted by Editor02 View Post
    Cool thanks I never knew you could do that! Exactly what I wanted :P Does the icon stay as that moon?
    It shouldn't be a moon. Delete the shortcut and retry.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Newness Developments apps:

Quote Originally Posted by deCorvett View Post
    It shouldn't be a moon. Delete the shortcut and retry.
    Deleted and same issue for Precentral.net Just getting the moon.

Would a reboot fix? EDIT:// Reboot didn't fix, and occasionally it swaps from empty icon to the moon. Also to note, there is a new collection in my photos app called "forums" and within that there is a precentral icon... :\ hmmm...

Last edited by Editor02; 02/27/2011 at 04:26 AM. Reason: Further tests
    Palm m105 >> Zire 72SE >> AT&T Pre Plus >> Pre 2 (cracked)>>HP Veer/Pre 2>>Touchpad>>Pre 3...and I'm only 17 years old! (My own savings)
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    how to add a forum that is not listed on the app?
    how to know if a forum support tabatalk (tapatalk power)?
    Quote Originally Posted by amjz View Post
    how to add a forum that is not listed on the app?
    how to know if a forum support tabatalk (tapatalk power)?
    I don't think you can anymore - or at least I can't find it anymore.

To find out if a forum supports it, use the search function, or contact the admin of the forum
    Why is it when I post from my pre2 it displays Palm pre in the sig?

Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    Why is it when I post from my pre2 it displays Palm pre in the sig?

Palm Pre will refer to all Palm Pre devices including the Pre Plus and Pre 2 running any version of webOS. You will notice I get the same message and I'm on a Pre 2.

Palm m105 >> Zire 72SE >> AT&T Pre Plus >> Pre 2 (cracked)>>HP Veer/Pre 2>>Touchpad>>Pre 3...and I'm only 17 years old! (My own savings)
    Can you still exit the sig? Or is that feature now gone?

Beamed down to the earthlings from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    Can you still exit the sig? Or is that feature now gone?

Beamed down to the earthlings from my eVo
    Look in the preferences and turn 'spread the word' off. You will no longer get the 'Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums' signature.

Hope this helped.

Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    Its probably obvious but I can't see it. Clicking on a URL simply takes me to the quote/reply screen.

Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
    <<thread merged>>
    Quote Originally Posted by RedMist View Post
    Its probably obvious but I can't see it. Clicking on a URL simply takes me to the quote/reply screen.

If it doesn't work, I just go to the quote/reply screen, hold the shift key, and select the url. Meta-tap c, go to just type/universal search or the browser directly, meta-tap v, and load the website that way.
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    If it doesn't work, I just go to the quote/reply screen, hold the shift key, and select the url. Meta-tap c, go to just type/universal search or the browser directly, meta-tap v, and load the website that way.
    Yes I can do that, but it's a total pain in the

Should it work correctly?
    Quote Originally Posted by RedMist View Post
    Yes I can do that, but it's a total pain in the

Should it work correctly?
    Sometimes it doesn't work for me, so I use the previously outlined method, but most times it does. Make sure you tap the link exactly and don't miss it. A drop box should appear saying "Open Link, Quote Post, Edit Post".

Is this not happening for you at all? Test it with different links on the forums. The one I tested on was a post I sent that had "Sent from my Palm Pre with Forums" I tapped that link and it worked fine.

If all else fails, what version of forums are you running, and if it is the latest, you'll have to wait for deCorvett's (developer) assistance. Hope I at least helped a bit.
  14.    #834  
    This is an issue that I'm going to solve in the next update.

The problem is the link is too small, so you need to do real "fine tunning" on your finger before pressing. So I'm going to take my "fly killer cannon" and make the links a little bigger, so everyone will tap them properly.

This is an issue that I'm going to solve in the next update.

The problem is the link is too small, so you need to do real "fine tunning" on your finger before pressing. So I'm going to take my "fly killer cannon" and make the links a little bigger, so everyone will tap them properly.

Well there you go! From the words of the creator himself! So the issue lies with mis-aimed presses. Good to know. Is it possible that rather than make the hyperlink text look awkwardly bigger than other text, have a certain area of spill around the link where it is acceptable to tap? If that made any sense ;P

Also, deCorvett, any idea about the icon problemo. I updated the post further up. What about deleting the whole forums app and having another go?
    I'm going to submit an update today. Expect it to be available the next week.

Forums 1.1.1 Changelog:

- New option under Preferences, to disable "Shake to Refresh"
    - Visited Forums now work as expected (you can delete items from the list)
    - Solved bug that caused some links to be broken links
    -Now the app refreshes properly.

Working on all the other bugs...
    Any word on when it'll hit?

Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    Re: links

On the pop up menu show the link (when there is 1 link)

When there are more than one link show a sub menu 'Links...' then all the links in the post.

Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
  18.    #838  
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    Any word on when it'll hit?

That's on HP's hands now. I submitted it a couple of hours after that post.

19.    #839  
    Is it possible that rather than make the hyperlink text look awkwardly bigger than other text, have a certain area of spill around the link where it is acceptable to tap? If that made any sense ;P

Also, deCorvett, any idea about the icon problemo. I updated the post further up. What about deleting the whole forums app and having another go?
    It's going to be something like that, not a bigger text, but a bigger link area. This will affect line spacing, thought.

About the icon issue, not sure what's the problem. Precentral's icon is bundled with the app, so we can discard a connectivity issue. Maybe doing a clean install (I mean uninstall, reboot and install again) will do the trick.

It's going to be something like that, not a bigger text, but a bigger link area. This will affect line spacing, thought.

About the icon issue, not sure what's the problem. Precentral's icon is bundled with the app, so we can discard a connectivity issue. Maybe doing a clean install (I mean uninstall, reboot and install again) will do the trick.

I'll try that when I can.. Thanks for your help mate

EDIT:// Tried it and it works fine now. Thank you!