Page 19 of 61 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819202122232429 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes
    Great app but I am still unable to post on a smf with newest app plug-in and 755 permissions.
    I also had to turn off spread the word as I have alow post count and Precentral forums won't post with links. Got a msg from this app telling me to remove the link to post. Once I turned that off I could post the previous post.

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by twc3pre View Post
    Great app but I am still unable to post on a smf with newest app plug-in and 755 permissions.
    +1
  4.    #364  
    Quote Originally Posted by jossanaijr View Post
    +1
    As I've told you, that's a plugin issue, not an app issue. Ask Tapatalk people about it.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    Newness Developments apps:

Quote Originally Posted by deCorvett View Post
    As I've told you, that's a plugin issue, not an app issue. Ask Tapatalk people about it.

Sorry, I did not understand. Plugin?
  6.    #366  
    Quote Originally Posted by jossanaijr View Post
    Sorry, I did not understand. Plugin?
    The server side component. The app is working properly, but not the forum side.

7.    #367  
    I also had to turn off spread the word as I have alow post count and Precentral forums won't post with links. Got a msg from this app telling me to remove the link to post. Once I turned that off I could post the previous post.

Thanks.
    Tell me your forum addressand I'll see what's happening.

Tell me your forum addressand I'll see what's happening.

This msg was on Precentrals forum. I had to remove your links to post this reply. Do you also want the SMF forum addy?
  9.    #369  
    This msg was on Precentrals forum. I had to remove your links to post this reply. Do you also want the SMF forum addy?
    You can't posts here (including the "Spread the word" link) because of your low post count. This is a Precentral's site requirement, not an app issue. When you reach the minimun post count, you'll be able to post links.

About your SMF forum, I need to know at least your forum's name, to see what's happening. You can PM it to me.

You can't posts here (including the "Spread the word" link) because of your low post count. This is a Precentral's site requirement, not an app issue. When you reach the minimun post count, you'll be able to post links.

About your SMF forum, I need to know at least your forum's name, to see what's happening. You can PM it to me.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta.
    Yes, correct if the spread the word did not have a link embeded I would not have to turn it off. Not that big of an issue. PM sent. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Looks like I can make it on this site, I'll have to get my techs to update mine.

Looking good so far! Thanks!
    As a follow-up to my clueless posts a few days ago, I've installed Forums Beta and I'm duly impressed. We've had the Tapatalk plug-in installed on our forums for some time but as administrator I've never been able to take advantage of it until now on my Palm Pre.

A couple of ideas -- I don't know if these are possible or not, but I'll mention them here:

1. Attachments. This is huge to our forums, as they include at-the-minute user reported snow conditions at ski and snowboard resorts worldwide. I saw mention of it early in this thread as not being available, but that would make this a real winner IMO. I've noticed that the Tapatalk apps for Android and iPhone include this capability.

2. Notifications. phpBB, of course, makes it possible to receive an email when any thread or forum you're subscribed to receives a new post. It would be nice if there were some way to include in the notifications that our server issues a link to open the thread to the new post via Tapatalk. It's simple enough to edit these email templates but I don't know if there's a way to craft the URL to get it to open in Tapatalk instead of the phone's web browser.

3. Emoticons. This is a very, very minor issue, but I notice that emoticons in a post are replaced by their BBcode in Tapatalk. It would be nice if the emoticon itself were displayed.

4. Clicking on an uploaded inline image would in my opinion preferably open the image in the image browser with pinch-gesture zoom, rather than in a web browser.

5. Moderator Control Panel functionality.

Again, I'm very impressed with the work accomplished thus far. And if there are any avid skiers or snowboarders out there looking to try out a different forum via Forums Beta, our Tapatalk-enabled forums are at the following URL:

Liftlines Skiing & Snowboarding Forums (http://www.FirstTracksOnline.com/boards)
    Last edited by northward; 12/05/2010 at 06:27 PM.
    Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Epic 4G -> TouchPad
  13.    #373  
    Quote Originally Posted by northward View Post
    As a follow-up to my clueless posts a few days ago, I've installed Forums Beta and I'm duly impressed. We've had the Tapatalk plug-in installed on our forums for some time but as administrator I've never been able to take advantage of it until now on my Palm Pre.

A couple of ideas -- I don't know if these are possible or not, but I'll mention them here:

1. Attachments. This is huge to our forums, as they include at-the-minute user reported snow conditions at ski and snowboard resorts worldwide. I saw mention of it early in this thread as not being available, but that would make this a real winner IMO. I've noticed that the Tapatalk apps for Android and iPhone include this capability.

2. Notifications. phpBB, of course, makes it possible to receive an email when any thread or forum you're subscribed to receives a new post. It would be nice if there were some way to include in the notifications that our server issues a link to open the thread to the new post via Tapatalk. It's simple enough to edit these email templates but I don't know if there's a way to craft the URL to get it to open in Tapatalk instead of the phone's web browser.

3. Emoticons. This is a very, very minor issue, but I notice that emoticons in a post are replaced by their BBcode in Tapatalk. It would be nice if the emoticon itself were displayed.

4. Clicking on an uploaded inline image would in my opinion preferably open the image in the image browser with pinch-gesture zoom, rather than in a web browser.

5. Moderator Control Panel functionality.

Again, I'm very impressed with the work accomplished thus far. And if there are any avid skiers or snowboarders out there looking to try out a different forum via Forums Beta, our Tapatalk-enabled forums are at the following URL:

Liftlines Skiing & Snowboarding Forums (http://www.FirstTracksOnline.com/boards)
    Thanks for the suggestions! (They're all coming in the future, as the app evolves). And other stuff...

14.    #374  
    I don't have submitted the app yet, but I can't wait to announce this:

Forums 1.0.0 Release Notes:

- New interface
    - Improved session management
    - Emoticons support
    - Over 10.000 forums available

I'm submitting the app today and hope to be available in the next 3-4 days.

I want to thank you all for your support and help improving the app.

I can assure you great things are coming in Forums development! (thank posts, like posts, attachments, links sharing, attachments, user profiles, moderation and much more!).

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

Great! You're doing some fantastic work with this app!

The one feature I want the most is the ability to thank people from the app. So when you gonna start charging for this app? I want to buy it lol.
    I don't have submitted the app yet, but I can't wait to announce this:

Forums 1.0.0 Release Notes:

- New interface
    - Improved session management
    - Emoticons support
    - Over 10.000 forums available

I'm submitting the app today and hope to be available in the next 3-4 days.

I want to thank you all for your support and help improving the app.

I can assure you great things are coming in Forums development! (thank posts, like posts, attachments, links sharing, attachments, user profiles, moderation and much more!).

wo0t! Can't wait!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Great! You're doing some fantastic work with this app!

The one feature I want the most is the ability to thank people from the app. So when you gonna start charging for this app? I want to buy it lol.
    +1
  18.    #378  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    As soon as Palm approves the app (I don't think this should take too much time, as the app is 100% webOS UI Guidelines compliant).

About thanking, you'll be able to do it in a few weeks (I have to do some work in my other apps to be webOS 2.0 ready).

Found a bug...

Youtube link in PM scene does nothing
  20.    #380  
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    Found a bug...

Youtube link in PM scene does nothing
    Great, now we have the first line in the 1.0.1 changelog... :O