Page 17 of 61 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617181920212227 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes
  1.    #321  
    Quote Originally Posted by spudland View Post
    Love the updates and this program in general! Thanks!!
    Thanks.

I'm working right now in a UI revamp, but the new interface will only be visible in the final version of the app.

I think you all will love it.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    Newness Developments apps:

Quote Originally Posted by deCorvett View Post
    Thanks.

I'm working right now in a UI revamp, but the new interface will only be visible in the final version of the app.

I think you all will love it.

I'm definitely looking forward to it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    I'm definitely looking forward to it!
    Love the update... Looks cleaner... And pm popup

4. beh
    Global Posts
    1,413 Global Posts
    Well it installed and I can reach this forum, but I cannot add any forums.

5.    #325  
    Quote Originally Posted by beh View Post
    Well it installed and I can reach this forum, but I cannot add any forums.

Read the help on the main screen.

6.    #326  
    Not just because I'm doing the work, but you will love the new UI...

7. beh
    Global Posts
    1,413 Global Posts
    What main page?? The help in the app is a screen that says to tap but it doesn't respond. The information in this thread on adding forums doesn't work. The help page from the launcher tap is dead. There is no help page on the Palm Beta download page. A bit more specificity is definitely in order here.

Read the help on the main screen.

8.    #328  
    The help is working for me, and you should be watching the same help file, or none at all.

You must tap on a tapable zone of the image (i.e., buttons, lists, and so on).

You can search forums by categories in the Forum Gallery (the world icon at the bottom of the screen).

You can search forums by name or description (the search button is on the bottom right of the screen).

You can view the lastest additions to the Gallery (the "new" button at the bottom of the screen).

Are you the guy who has posted in the App Catalog that the app only works with the predefined forums?

9. beh
    Global Posts
    1,413 Global Posts
    Thank you for the added information. I will give it a go. To further explain what I am trying to do. I am trying to enter the addresses of forums that I visit. None of these are in your list of forums listed in your application. That is I am trying to see if any of my preferred forums are compatible. They are all use the popular board software such as proboards for example. It is here that I am having difficulty and for which I can find no help. Thanks.

I have posted nothing about this app except what I have posted here. As you can see I haven't figured this out yet so to post conclusions in the App Catalog would be a bit premature.

The help is working for me, and you should be watching the same help file, or none at all.

You must tap on a tapable zone of the image (i.e., buttons, lists, and so on).

You can search forums by categories in the Forum Gallery (the world icon at the bottom of the screen).

You can search forums by name or description (the search button is on the bottom right of the screen).

You can view the latest additions to the Gallery (the "new" button at the bottom of the screen).

Are you the guy who has posted in the App Catalog that the app only works with the predefined forums?

Last edited by beh; 11/29/2010 at 01:15 PM.
  10.    #330  
    Quote Originally Posted by beh View Post
    Thank you for the added information. I will give it a go. To further explain what I am trying to do. I am trying to enter the addresses of forums that I visit. None of these are in your list of forums listed in your application. That is I am trying to see if any of my preferred forums are compatible. They are all use the popular board software such as proboards for example. It is here that I am having difficulty and for which I can find no help. Thanks.

I have posted nothing about this app except what I have posted here. As you can see I haven't figured this out yet so to post conclusions in the App Catalog would be a bit premature.
    Ah, Ok. Not all the forum engines are supported at this moment, thought. Also, the forum owner needs to install a plugin on the site to make it usable with the app.

At newnessdevelopments.com you can find all the info under "your apps" -> "forums"

11. beh
    Global Posts
    1,413 Global Posts
    Thanks again for the additional information. I have sent a request to each of my favorite forums (all running on software you support) to add the plug-in. I gave them the URL for your forum plug-in information page. Hopefully, they will find it worth the time to incorporate Tap&Talk into their forum mix.
    Best regards,
    I love the search function! I'm getting some great stuff popping up...thanks!
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Hello I have an issue in any forum I was.
    Even after sign-in, I can't post anything with Forums Beta my "post icon" still stay grey like that (in bottom left) :

Have you a solution??? (I'm running on Pre 2)
  14.    #334  
    Quote Originally Posted by KromaXamorK View Post
    Hello I have an issue in any forum I was.
    Even after sign-in, I can't post anything with Forums Beta my "post icon" still stay grey like that (in bottom left) :

Have you a solution??? (I'm running on Pre 2)
    This happens always?

As far as I know yes.
  16.    #336  
    As far as I know yes.
    Are you using the app while navigating the forum on other navigator at the same time?

Yes.
    Do you mean I must disconnect on main forum before sign in with Forums Beta app???
    Disconnect from FF and Shut it down.
    Reload Forums Beta on my Palm but still the same can't post just read. ^^
  19.    #339  
    Yes.
    Do you mean I must disconnect on main forum before sign in with Forums Beta app???
    Not necessarily, but if you're navigating in both modes at the same time, the browser session overwrites the apps session.

20.    #340  
    Disconnect from FF and Shut it down.
    Reload Forums Beta on my Palm but still the same can't post just read. ^^
    Try cleaning your cookies in FF.