Don't bet on it.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    Lol...

I won't

So how do you add a custom forum URL?
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    So how do you add a custom forum URL?
    You can't.. It has to be registered with Tapatalk using their plugin which the forum admin needs to install. Than you can search for the forum

Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    You can't.. It has to be registered with Tapatalk using their plugin which the forum admin needs to install. Than you can search for the forum

I'm not sure I am being clear:

The forum has the plugin installed as of 2 weeks ago. I was using this app with the forum at that point. Between then and now, I doctored my phone, and installed the updated version of this app.

I have 'searched' for the forum but the spinner doesn't find it, and there is no longer a button to add a forum by URL.

edit: the spinner eventually found it.... although now it's stuck on "Connecting to Forum..." :-/
    Last edited by tobias funke; 11/02/2010 at 01:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    I'm not sure I am being clear:

The forum has the plugin installed as of 2 weeks ago. I was using this app with the forum at that point. Between then and now, I doctored my phone, and installed the updated version of this app.

I have 'searched' for the forum but the spinner doesn't find it, and there is no longer a button to add a forum by URL.

edit: the spinner eventually found it.... although now it's stuck on "Connecting to Forum..." :-/
    have you figured this out yet?
    So far, I'm super excited about this app. Went over to Yuku where there are a few forums that I follow there and went to their support section and asked about Tap@talk and got this response from one of the admins:

"there is something called phonegap, that support cross platform phone publishing. Meaning iPhone/iPod touch, iPad, Google Android, Palm, Symbian and Blackberry.

PhoneGap

Evangelize this - get enough of votes and I will happily look into integrating it. Maybe even have custom integration for your boards so you all have custom skinned apps."

As stated, it seems they have a competition of sorts to see how many people want it and as he states will add it. At this point, I'm not sure if he meant the phonegap or Tap@Talk.

Anyway.... love the app, Just hope I can get these forums @ yuku to oblige.
    I can't seem to connect to other forums. I try to log in and I get a notification that says something about parforms and I guess it fails because I can't post.
    Help?

8.    #189  
    Quote Originally Posted by videogmike View Post
    I can't seem to connect to other forums. I try to log in and I get a notification that says something about parforms and I guess it fails because I can't post.
    Help?

?

Newness Developments apps:

9.    #190  
    Quote Originally Posted by sekondairy View Post
    So far, I'm super excited about this app. Went over to Yuku where there are a few forums that I follow there and went to their support section and asked about Tap@talk and got this response from one of the admins:

"there is something called phonegap, that support cross platform phone publishing. Meaning iPhone/iPod touch, iPad, Google Android, Palm, Symbian and Blackberry.

PhoneGap

Evangelize this - get enough of votes and I will happily look into integrating it. Maybe even have custom integration for your boards so you all have custom skinned apps."

As stated, it seems they have a competition of sorts to see how many people want it and as he states will add it. At this point, I'm not sure if he meant the phonegap or Tap@Talk.

Anyway.... love the app, Just hope I can get these forums @ yuku to oblige.
    Phonegap is a different thing. They're using their own platform, so I think the best option for them is:

1) Make their entirely own solution (then using phonegap makes sense).

2) Develop a tapatalk compliant plugin for their forums, so they can use tapatalk apps.

"malformed <params>, got <parsererro" is all of the notification i can read. and when i tap it, it opens a new forums beta window. i get this message when trying to login to preludepower.com forums and 8thcivic.com. i'm able to login to precentral.net, but i can't login to the others.
  11.    #192  
    [QUOTE=videogmike;2743422]"malformed , got

yea view my post in a browser, the app doesn't appear to show my entire post
    its bc of the less than and greater symbols
    i figured that was why, it must think it's some kind of html code
    "malformed {params}, got {parsererro" is all of the notification i can read. and when i tap it, it opens a new forums beta window. i get this message when trying to login to preludepower.com forums and 8thcivic.com. i'm able to login to precentral.net, but i can't login to the others.
    thats his post i replaced the less than and greater symbols with curly braces
    i figured that was why, it must think it's some kind of html code
    no.. most any symbol found in the symbol box is considered a "special Character" and unfortunately, until P|C updates their plugin of Tapatalk to the latest vers, they wont be recognized
  17.    #198  
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    no.. most any symbol found in the symbol box is considered a "special Character" and unfortunately, until P|C updates their plugin of Tapatalk to the latest vers, they wont be recognized
    You're right. And maybe Dieter should update the Gallery Data, precentral appears as http://http://forums.precentral.net, so loading the forum from gallery doesn't work.

(I'm going to fix this in the app's side, anyways).

18.    #199  
    "malformed <params>, got <parsererro" is all of the notification i can read. and when i tap it, it opens a new forums beta window. i get this message when trying to login to preludepower.com forums and 8thcivic.com. i'm able to login to precentral.net, but i can't login to the others.
    Ask these guys to update the plugin. They'll get better support and features, and you'll get full access.

well my gf uses tapatalk for android on preludepower, so i don't think it's their plugin.
    also i see all over 8thcivic people using tapatalk for iphone.
    i love the app and i want to use it, i just don't understand what's going on. could it be some kind of patch interfering? how do i pull a log to show you what's actually happening?