Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Are there any apps available that have a dynamic icon? As in the current weather and temp, like a thunderstorm and 42 degF?
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    weathericon, search in the app catalog
    yes it works ok
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Thanks, too bad the app is kind of crappy.
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    schlk21-it's more helpful if you explain why you don't like an app rather than just be rude
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    No radar, forecast limited to 3 days, no severe weather alerts... The GPS and Prefs icons are in the way and should be in the pull-down menu

What I do like: icon (obviously), auto-update with GPS

I have to use both weatherIcon and The Weather Channel to get what I need. They are both crappy in a way.
    thanks forreporting crappy apps, in the future I won't make them. It's people like you who push devs away....
    Quote Originally Posted by abegee View Post
    thanks forreporting crappy apps, in the future I won't make them. It's people like you who push devs away....

I happen to use and LOVE your weathericon app! don't let stupid people get to you!!! Us smart ones appreciate you abegee!!
    Last edited by pixielee; 10/12/2010 at 11:11 PM. Reason: fixed typos
    smiles for your day ~ pixielee
    In a love/hate relationship w/my PalmPre(s) 6/6/09 3/22/10 4/12/10 and 5/5/10 (ops yes I lost one!)

Its Life - Live it, Love it, PLAY in it
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    I want severe weather alerts and radar in weathericon, but weathericon has worked dependably, is more consistent with NWS current conditions and forecasts than others, has good support, and it's free. I use weather channel for radar and get texts for severe weather alerts as needed, but I rely on data from weathericon day-to-day.

The only other similar app is simpleweather (app catalog) which gives you one extra day in the forecast, custom wallpapers, and costs one dollar. It also has 2.5 stars compared to weathericon's 4.0.
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    pixielee-seriously? is calling people who think weathericon is crappy stupid any different from schlk21 saying weathericon is crappy? everyone has a right to their opinion, but can't we keep this civil?

ok, i'm off my soapbox now...
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by abegee View Post
    I'm just saying it like it is. I don't mean to be a ****, please don't take it personally.

BTW, I am not afraid of paid apps or donating. I just sent $100 to webOS internals and if you had a paid version of weatherIcon that implemented radar and more forecast options, I would be all over it.

In fact, I think it would be pretty easy to top The Weather Channel. Even though it has radar, it is a poorly ported web-based implementation. Cleaning up the UI would be a cinch.

I've tried many weather apps, yours is a close #2, but just because of missing features.
    cool, please in the future say what you mean.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Out of curiosity, what do you have in store for the app?
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by schlk21 View Post
    Out of curiosity, what do you have in store for the app?
    bump
    I just released an updated version of SimpleWeather. It has a changing weather icon and a nice gui. It's in the app catalog now and the update should be approved on Monday. I don't think anyone approves apps over the weekend from my experience.

As for the low rating, when I first released the app I was using an API that had an issue with crashing. So mid day when the traffic picked up the api server would crash. I've since fixed this problem and released an updated version. Most of the bad reviews came from the very fist version of the app.
    Last edited by dmglakewood; 10/16/2010 at 12:24 AM.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Are weatherIcon and SimpleWeather the only two apps in the catalog that have dynamic icons?