1.    #1  
    I have not yet found a good way to put the NIV version of the Bible on my Pre. However, BibleGateway.com: A searchable online Bible in over 100 versions and 50 languages. has the NIV version available. I can search a scripture reference in universal search and the 1st google hit is usually the biblegateway.com page with that scripture.

However, to move from chapter to chapter I have to open a new browser card.

Can somebody make an app that does the searching in the background and pieces it together in an app? Perhaps with bookmarks, etc.?
    There are a handful of bible apps in homebrew and the app store, actually there are lots. Have you given them all a once over? I hear the Mormon program is rather good, I think they are Christians, might be close enough?
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    gateway.com works really well from the browser on the pre.

the closest thing to biblegateway is the lifechurch.tv app which is a gateway to their version of biblegateway-like site.
    Bible Reader (Eclectic Design Studio) is a free app that uses BibleGateway.com. It doesn't download text and so can't be used off-line, but accesses the full site and so all the translations they have
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have NaN posts.