Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Why do I have to pay for apps that HP has made, All these music top 100 app are $1. They are half <baked> apps that really don't do much and really are sad to see such crappy apps come from the owner of Palm and webos.

HP should be raising the bar with their Apps not joining the whole SPAM app that all do the same things but with different content
    There's no reason HP couldn't of put all those music apps into one single app with the option to search and play those 100 lists.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 10/09/2010 at 01:48 PM. Reason: language
    What? You don't have to pay for any HP apps. Nobody is making you. Almost all of them have 3-5 star ratings with multiple reviews, so others are enjoying them. They do have a music app with top 100 songs from each year starting 1947-2010.
  3.    #3  
    Yes you do, That app is 1.99 and all others are 99 cents, So yes they are charging for simple playlist apps which is sad from a huge computer company like HP, These things should be free no IF AND OR BUTS.

just cause others are paying for it doesn't mean they should do it.. IMO
    Those apps are from HP employees learning how to develop for webOS. I remember reading that HP was encouraging its employees to play around with webOS app development.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    just FYI, those Top100's are not a constant list, they change as people's choices change, that was one of the cool features I thought that the apps had. Also, you mention compiling the apps into one app....I'm glad they don't, I may live in Redneck country, but far from a redneck. Keep that country-bumpkin, banjo-pickin', my dog's dead, my truck's broke, wife left me, brother-sister marrying crap away from me -- and hey if that's what you're into, great...this isn't about whether or not country music is good or not...what's good for me isn't necessarily what's good for you Now light up some good ol skool metal
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    just FYI, those Top100's are not a constant list, they change as people's choices change, that was one of the cool features I thought that the apps had. Also, you mention compiling the apps into one app....I'm glad they don't, I may live in Redneck country, but far from a redneck. Keep that country-bumpkin, banjo-pickin', my dog's dead, my truck's broke, wife left me, brother-sister marrying crap away from me -- and hey if that's what you're into, great...this isn't about whether or not country music is good or not...what's good for me isn't necessarily what's good for you Now light up some good ol skool metal
    You forgot the songs about their tractors lol...
  7.    #7  
    So they can play all they want, Doesn't mean you release crap, I guess most people wont notice with all the other spam crap in the catalog. lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Mair View Post
    So they can play all they want, Doesn't mean you release crap, I guess most people wont notice with all the other spam crap in the catalog. lol.
    Yea, I haven't checked the App Catalog for months. I got tired of wading through all the spam apps.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post

No inside the App you would be able to choice which ever list you wanted to listen to, You don't have to listen to something you don't want to if you don't choice that category. Also they should have a App for just Metallica songs. LOL

my point is i'm not happy with how the App catalog is and theres too much crap that does pretty much the same thing just a little different.

And HP should have higher standards and mainly THEY SHOULDNT CHARGE FOR THERE APP THEY MAKE.
    I wonder if Apple puts out any "good" crap-apps?lol
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Unfortunately, there will always be spam apps no matter which platform you're using...
  12.    #12  
    The only reason there is spam apps is because Palm Apple lets it happen.

They wanted to market that they had so many apps,

but in 5 years everyone will have so many apps, really you can't advertise that you have a million apps or 700 000 apps.

Also with flash (when it comes) you could really say you have millions of games on your phone, You just have to go to the website. So the time is now to start denying crap apps and really start creating solid apps. Just imagine if Wii or PS3 were fighting about how many game titles they had if they had spam games that only did one thing. HAHA. would be stupid. The internet is for Spam games and dinky games not company products.

wow. rant. LOL>
    Palm is going to let it happen.. just like Apple and all the others do. If you don't like certain stuff in the catalog, just add the "hide app vendors" patch and be done with it. You're going to take the bad with the good as the catalog grows.
    Why do I have to pay for apps that HP has made, All these music top 100 app are $1. They are half <baked> apps that really don't do much and really are sad to see such crappy apps come from the owner of Palm and webos.

HP should be raising the bar with their Apps not joining the whole SPAM app that all do the same things but with different content
    There's no reason HP couldn't of put all those music apps into one single app with the option to search and play those 100 lists.
    It's very simple. If you like the sound of the app, you buy it. If it doesn't sound good to you, you don't buy it. It's called capitalism.

So if I develop my own app I shouldn't charge for it because I work for Palm? Doesn't seem really fitting. :/
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    So if I develop my own app I shouldn't charge for it because I work for Palm? Doesn't seem really fitting. :/
    No, but to play devil's advocate a bit, should you also get free publicity for saying it's an app developed by Palm or HP?

I don't know if I have an answer to that myself, as it doesn't really bother me, but it sounds like the original poster would say no.
    Branding isn't going to matter. If you buy a printer, should the ink be free if it has HP branding? I simply don't see an issue with 'anyone' charging for an app... after all, apps are basically another type of accessory. If I buy a Palm phone, should I be able to get a branded car charger free too? (yes, not exactly the same, but you see my point)
    Yeah, amazing that a company would charge for a product to make a profit. Bastages!

On a side note, could we get a banner on the App main page "XXXXXXX Apps Available" ala the old McDonald's "20 Million Served"??? =P
    I see pandas.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Branding isn't going to matter. If you buy a printer, should the ink be free if it has HP branding? I simply don't see an issue with 'anyone' charging for an app... after all, apps are basically another type of accessory. If I buy a Palm phone, should I be able to get a branded car charger free too? (yes, not exactly the same, but you see my point)
    I pretty much agree with you.. but the point I was more trying to make is that it's more like if someone was to work at Country Time Lemonade as a day job and then open up a lemonade stand outside their house with signs saying they're still Country Time Lemonade.
    Most apps cost less than a cup of coffee. And consider that a phone app lasts as long as the phone lasts while the cup of coffee is one time use. Two bucks is a bargain for most apps.
    Granted some are crap. But they won't last very long fortunately.
    ---
    Handspring Visor>Sony 710c>Sony NX60>Sony NX80>Treo 700p>Palm Pre Plus>Went over to the dark side with phone->Samsung Droid Charge
    HP Touchpad!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast