Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    I just ran an update check on my Sprint Pre and it told me that there's an update available for Mobile Hotspot from version 1.0.14 to version 1.1.4. When I click on the app name I get the message "This application is not available for your carrier." - which is not a big surprise.

Anybody knows what has been changed? I don't want to update until I know it will continue to work.
    Last edited by STBXXL; 10/08/2010 at 06:09 PM.
    You'll have to patch it manually at this point, but it works. The parts that would would need to be patched are the same content, but the line numbers are wrong (sorry, but I didn't keep track of the line numbers while doing it).

There are new settings, like hotspot off when no devices connected, and custom DHCP settings.

This post was sent via my Mobile Hotspot connection, as confirmation it's working.

Awesome, got the update. Thanks for the tip!
    glad to see someone else with this. Hopefully there is an easy way to either update or cancel the update.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    You'll have to patch it manually at this point, but it works. The parts that would would need to be patched are the same content, but the line numbers are wrong (sorry, but I didn't keep track of the line numbers while doing it).

There are new settings, like hotspot off when no devices connected, and custom DHCP settings.
    Thanks for the info. I hope the patched new version will become available somewhere at some point as I will not be able to patch it manually myself.
    Last edited by STBXXL; 10/08/2010 at 06:37 PM.
    odd, i got the same update today and it DL's and installed w/o error and i'm on sprint too. i did have 2 other apps that needed updates so i did an update all. dont know if it makes a difference but 1.1.4 works just fine on my week 1 pre.
    sprint pre here,,updated no problem
    ATT updated here, I tried opening it from the App catalog list, got that error, but I opened MHS normally, and it opened just fine, new options included. No devices for me to test connection with now, but so far so good.
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    Sweet.

I went into the App Catalog and checked for updates. Of course Mobile Hotspot showed an available update. I tapped to open the Mobile Hotspot page and got the message that the application is not available for your carrier (Sprint); no surprise. Then I tapped on the update button (after a back-swipe), and it updated with no problems.
    Visor/Sprint Springboard Expansion Module > Visor Platinum > Tungsten E > Centro (work) > Palm Pre
    yeah it did work. Hit update all and it worked.
    Yes, but the question is does the actual hotspot functionality work out of the box like that.

Unless something has changed, the whole reason the hacked Sprint 1.1.4 version works is that behind the scenes, a service enables IP forwarding.

Then, the hotspot app is modified to automatically enable that service when you turn mobile hotspot on.

When you update directly from the catalog, the modified file is overwritten, and so it can't tell the service to turn on.

In other words, unless something has changed, you'll enable the hotspot, connect to it, and then have no EVDO connection.
    you are correct. It looks like everything is working but you have no data. Oh noooooo ltm
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    Doh! You're right. I tested it and it doesn't transmit data.
    Visor/Sprint Springboard Expansion Module > Visor Platinum > Tungsten E > Centro (work) > Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    I'm sure glad I looked this up before I updated the app! :-D
    Global Posts
    286 Global Posts
    If you are using MHS on Sprint, both Preware and the App Catalog will ask you to upgrade to 1.1.4. I upgraded, and MHS 1.1.4 does not work with Sprint. Duh. Just uninstall the new version with holding Orange/Silver and tapping the MHS app in the launcher. Then reinstall 1.0.14 with WebOS Quick Install. All is good. Carry on. I repeat: Do not upgrade MHS on SPRINT! Maybe someone will modify 1.1.4 to work with Sprint......
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post2173489

The line numbers aren't correct in the patch file, but those are the lines you need to add / modify, and it works perfectly that way.
    Thank you so much for your post. I started to upgrade and decided to look here first. Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by jwbekens View Post
    If you are using MHS on Sprint, both Preware and the App Catalog will ask you to upgrade to 1.1.4. I upgraded, and MHS 1.1.4 does not work with Sprint. Duh. Just uninstall the new version with holding Orange/Silver and tapping the MHS app in the launcher. Then reinstall 1.0.14 with WebOS Quick Install. All is good. Carry on. I repeat: Do not upgrade MHS on SPRINT! Maybe someone will modify 1.1.4 to work with Sprint......
    I am on sprint and I updated just fine. app works perfectly
    I am on sprint,,and it works fine after update
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Yes, but the question is does the actual hotspot functionality work out of the box like that.

Unless something has changed, the whole reason the hacked Sprint 1.1.4 version works is that behind the scenes, a service enables IP forwarding.

Then, the hotspot app is modified to automatically enable that service when you turn mobile hotspot on.

When you update directly from the catalog, the modified file is overwritten, and so it can't tell the service to turn on.

In other words, unless something has changed, you'll enable the hotspot, connect to it, and then have no EVDO connection.
    I updated and it's working fine.
Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast